HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So... is the idea that there are two different heads - big bad head and narrow good head - going away now?

I'm freaked out by the idea that all the pics so far - the terrible, the okay and the incredible - have all been the exact same head under different conditions.

faststreets' reaction to me suggested that he initially saw something bad in person, then later saw something better in person?

There's going to need to be a HT Indy mini-convention where everyone brings theirs along and compares in-hand.

Wow. Are you kidding me?

I went on day one. The ones (yes multiple) that I saw looked terrible. I took pics of one of those, posted everyone hated my pics.

Went back on day two, saw a different one in a different shop, looked great, posted pics of that one.

DECIDED TO GET THE FIGURE.

Had my pick of several (three to be precise, as the guy had broken down four and had already sold one loose head).
Got my Indy.

Went back again yesterday, looking for an extra hat, and this same guy had broken down one, and was going to break down another, hence the new pics showing the size differences. That is why I took pics with the "Big Head Indy" on both the left and right side of the "Good Looking Indy", to clearly prove that it isn't lighting or angle.

I know that pissed some people off when I proved them wrong with photographic proof, but my goal isn't a pissing contest online, my goal is that we all get the best product possible, and, in the end, I am sure that we all will.

I like this figure (in it's best incarnations). I bought this figure.

The fact is I have now seen many of these in person, took pictures of two yesterday on different position (left & right), and even put them in different lighting to prove the point beyond a shadow (no pun intended) of a doubt.

Anyone who still wants to come after me after I post proof, that's fine, but that has nothing to do with facts, that is simply online bullying, which is very 2002. Wake up to 2011, it is a bad financial situation for many people, we all need to look out for each other as we invest our hard earned dollars in products. That's all.

Last edited:
Wow. Are you kidding me?

I went on day one. The ones (yes multiple) that I saw looked terrible. I took pics of one of those, posted everyone hated my pics.

Went back on day two, saw a different one in a different shop, looked great, posted pics of that one.

Had my pick of several (three to be precise, as the guy had broken down four and had already sold one loose head).
Got my Indy.

Went back again yesterday, looking for an extra hat, and this same guy had broken down one, and was going to break down another, hence the new pics showing the size differences. That is why I took pics with the "Big Head Indy" on both the left and right side of the "Good Looking Indy", to clearly prove that it isn't lighting or angle.

I know that pissed some people off when I proved them wrong with photographic proof, but my goal isn't a pissing contest online, my goal is that we all get the best product possible, and, in the end, I am sure that we all will.

The fact is I have now seen many of these in person, took pictures of two yesterday on different position (left & right), and even put them in different lighting to prove the point beyond a shadow (no pun intended) of a doubt.

Anyone who still wants to come after me after I post proof, that's fine, but that has nothing to do with facts, that is simply online bullying, which is very 2002. Wake up to 2011, it is a bad financial situation for many people, we all need to look out for each other as we invest our hard earned dollars in products. That's all.

Thanks. It seems even after you posted, the yaysayers are relentless at tearing anyone down who says anything is wrong with the figure.

faststreetsofhongkong, you have a good eye for this having seen many of these in person. Doesn't the one below look a little deformed in the face?
10.jpg

Wow. Are you kidding me?

Got my Indy.

Wow dude, I don't think anyone's come after you. They're just asking you question because they're worried. I've been reading this thread and your post and have yet to see anyone bully you. maybe it's a languge thing.

Wow dude, I don't think anyone's come after you. They're just asking you question because they're worried. I've been reading this thread and your post and have yet to see anyone bully you. maybe it's a languge thing.

They are bullying me and I pretty much am pointing out the same thing faststreetsofhongkong has. He even had proof of two different sculpts and said there were more than 4 of them off as well before he decided on a good looking one.

And you're just an instigator. Trying to rally people to your corner. You people have attacked.

How exactly am I an instigator? I have pointed out a problem which there clearly is and instead of agreeing there is a problem, they attack my character. I come on here because I care. I want Hot Toys to make a great figure as I am a huge Indy fan as most of you are.

How exactly am I an instigator? I have pointed out a problem which there clearly is and instead of agreeing there is a problem, they attack my character. I come on here because I care. I want Hot Toys to make a great figure as I am a huge Indy fan as most of you are.

Because you just keep repeating yourself. Everyone know how you feel already, we've heard it everyday. Enough. We get it.

No man, the reason people are giving you crap is because you keep saying the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over....this after you said you were done in this thread.

Nobody has said anything bad to FastStreets.

Haha, and I just repeated the two guys ahead of me. :lol

Which only further proves the point.

I have no problem with people pointing out flaws, I have even pointed out a few myself. I honestly don't care if other people thoroughly hate this figure. But for crying out loud, I don't need to hear it, word for word, over and over again. This thread is supposed to be for in hand pics, and discussion of those pics...not about who is right and who is wrong and taking sides and getting others to join your side, etc. It's not a freaking contest, it's just toys!

The pics...

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

I hope you guys like the photos, whether or not you like the figure.
The whip looks much better in these photos than I've previously seen. Doesn't look as thick? What do you think of the whip, quality wise, how it's made?

I was nervous about the whip, but I like it now. The handle isn't accurate and it's a bit thick, but the rest coils nicely and feels as well as looks about right for a good 1/6 scale whip. After looking at all the photos again I think the head sculpt on my figure is fuller in apperance than what I see in dsokrya's photos... so there may be differences in the figures from box to box???

Back