HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This from the Joker 1989 thread:

Just FYI....

Saw some posts from Hong Kong user forum. HK HT retail store has stopped taking pre-order on Keaton and Nicholson figures due to overwhelming cancellation on Indiana Jones. Instead of putting deposit on pre-order, many HK toy collectors would wait and see if they final product can meet the expectation. Instead of paying full price of the figure, many now turn to Yahoo auctions for less (for example Alice figure). HT is take less quota for next year figures.

Apparently, there have been numerous cancellations of this figure. Regardless of how one feels about the final sculpt, Hot Toys really needs to make sure this sort of backlash (heated head sculpt debate six months before release) doesn't happen again or they might be forced to lower production numbers due to low pre-order sales and, consequently, everyone loses...

Ok I'm sorry, but those who think the SSC sculpt looks better than the HT need to have their eyes examined...I have both and there is no comparison...and before everyone gets their panties in a wad, its just my opinion...if you wanna keep making out with your SSC Indy, be by guest

I love Trevor's sculpts, whether they are for the 1/6th scale figures or the PFs, I ordered two of the SS Indy's and as much I liked them when they arrived I was very disappointed that they didn't look as good as the ones displayed on the box art.

Picture18.png

snellen.gif

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0[/ame]
RFZrzg62Zj0

Thank God, there's still people out there who think that Trevor's sculpt is way better than HT's. Trevor's sculpt is only weak because of the paintjob. But likeness wise, its way better. Now who's fookin menth'ul?

I've noticed that all sideshow sculpts only look REALLY REALLY good as a sculpt itself, but on a figure, the proportions, and how its positioned is really really off. while hot toys heck even medicom manages to make their headsculpts look good on a body.

if that makes any sense.

Thank God, there's still people out there who think that Trevor's sculpt is way better than HT's. Trevor's sculpt is only weak because of the paintjob. But likeness wise, its way better. Now who's fookin menth'ul?

Batsheva.

You asked.

Last edited:
I've noticed that all sideshow sculpts only look REALLY REALLY good as a sculpt itself, but on a figure, the proportions, and how its positioned is really really off. while hot toys heck even medicom manages to make their headsculpts look good on a body.

if that makes any sense.

Yep. :clap

Batsheva.

You asked.

Yep. :clap

if that makes any sense.

Yes, I agree with you.
I was talking about the headsculpts only. The other parts, the clothes, the accessories and all, Hot Toys Indy's definitely better.
It's such a disappointment that HT's unable to deliver the sculpt to their own standard, I mean, Trevor's HS come out earlier, so HT can at least use it as an example and make a better sculpt from it, not a lesser one.

And despite all those who praises the new HT Indy sculpt (I'm not against them anyway, its a matter of personal taste and freedom of speech), the sale and impact are the one who really speaks.
So many people cancelling HT Indy, the store closes the preorder for the next product, etc etc.. Hot Toys release smaller amount, bla2.

I am pro ordering this Indy from the very first time it's announced, and disappointed. But I'll keep the body n other parts, and just wait for a custom Indy HS with better likeness or if HT themself release another Indy with better likeness.

I've been looking at the pictures of everyone that's receive it so far and IMHOP the headsculpt is good when you factoring in the PERS system it's very good! And if your an Indy fan and you look at the tailoring of the clothing, the Idol alter and all the accessories that this comes with - this is worth the money. It comes with everything short of a pygmy with a blowgun.

Yes, I agree with you.
I was talking about the headsculpts only. The other parts, the clothes, the accessories and all, Hot Toys Indy's definitely better.
It's such a disappointment that HT's unable to deliver the sculpt to their own standard, I mean, Trevor's HS come out earlier, so HT can at least use it as an example and make a better sculpt from it, not a lesser one.

And despite all those who praises the new HT Indy sculpt (I'm not against them anyway, its a matter of personal taste and freedom of speech), the sale and impact are the one who really speaks.
So many people cancelling HT Indy, the store closes the preorder for the next product, etc etc.. Hot Toys release smaller amount, bla2.

I am pro ordering this Indy from the very first time it's announced, and disappointed. But I'll keep the body n other parts, and just wait for a custom Indy HS with better likeness or if HT themself release another Indy with better likeness.

What actual proof do you have that this is going on? Also the biggest haters of the figure have all done a 180% in the last few days and are getting the figure now only for parts though only for parts...lol.

And all the people that have the figure in hand say it looks better in hand like they all do!!:slap

But the ones that keep finding faults and etc and have never liked the figure from day one and don't even have it.

So move on and get over it. Be happy that you can spend your money on something else and give it a rest.

I spoke to my seller and they said everyone keeps ringing up and wanting to know when it will be in.

So it must be selling alright.

Its out and it rocks!!!:yess::yess:

What actual proof do you have that this is going on? Also the biggest haters of the figure have all done a 180% in the last few days and are getting the figure now only for parts though only for parts...lol.

And all the people that have the figure in hand say it looks better in hand like they all do!!:slap

But the ones that keep finding faults and etc and have never liked the figure from day one and don't even have it.

So move on and get over it. Be happy that you can spend your money on something else and give it a rest.

I spoke to my seller and they said everyone keeps ringing up and wanting to know when it will be i

So it must be selling alright.

Its out and it rocks!!!:yess::yess:

Well said sir...:clap

Back