HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What actual proof do you have that this is going on? Also the biggest haters of the figure have all done a 180% in the last few days and are getting the figure now only for parts though only for parts...lol.

And all the people that have the figure in hand say it looks better in hand like they all do!!:slap

But the ones that keep finding faults and etc and have never liked the figure from day one and don't even have it.

So move on and get over it. Be happy that you can spend your money on something else and give it a rest.

I spoke to my seller and they said everyone keeps ringing up and wanting to know when it will be in.

So it must be selling alright.

Its out and it rocks!!!:yess::yess:

Oh I don't have any proof other than the other member's posting in this thread.
And I am not a hater, I don't hate this figure, as I said before, I love all the other parts except the HS. I don't hate the figure, just disappointed. I expect more, from HT's standard, that's all. For you guys who's satisfied and love this figure the way it is, then good for you, man.

And as I said, I already pre ordered the figure myself. And my seller didn't accept cancellations. Even if he does, I won't cancel this figure, because I want to customize the head. I have perfect body, clothings, accessories, all I need is a headsculpt that satisfy me in terms of likeness. :)

So once more, I am not against this figure. To all of you who's happy with it, then good for you. But as you know, the forum is for both yay and naysayers, and I can always state my mind and disappointment here. That's all.

Picture18.png

snellen.gif

Picture18-1.png
Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark-80s-films-431418_1024_768-1.jpg
Picture18-2.png

Trevor's prototype looks great no mistake, but Hot Toys and Sideshow's are making different expressions.
Personally I like them both.

One thing i'd notice is that most collectors who got this Indy in hand only took picture from certain angle and show a better likeness of this figure. To me, one got lucky to see it on display...with closer look at it, left nostril and wide jaw has keep me on the fense.

Personally as strong likenesses goes Trevs original can't be beat imo. Not terrible fussed with HT's version and luckily for my wallet I won't be getting it. I'll just stick with an altered version of the Sideshow version as sad as that may seem.

All I'll be doing is picking up few individual accessories such as the staff of Ra and Arab attire (the later which I managed to pick up for a tennor only this morning) and thats about It for me.

Oh I don't have any proof other than the other member's posting in this thread.
And I am not a hater, I don't hate this figure, as I said before, I love all the other parts except the HS. I don't hate the figure, just disappointed. I expect more, from HT's standard, that's all. For you guys who's satisfied and love this figure the way it is, then good for you, man.

And as I said, I already pre ordered the figure myself. And my seller didn't accept cancellations. Even if he does, I won't cancel this figure, because I want to customize the head. I have perfect body, clothings, accessories, all I need is a headsculpt that satisfy me in terms of likeness. :)

So once more, I am not against this figure. To all of you who's happy with it, then good for you. But as you know, the forum is for both yay and naysayers, and I can always state my mind and disappointment here. That's all.

Sorry if you took it all to heart!:peace
Was not all addressed to you.

But really this thread has had this shock panic rubbish in it from the start.

If anyone really thinks that Hot Toys and people are panicking and running around going Indy has failed and we have taken on too much everyone is cancelling their pre- orders on other products we are doomed.

Oh that's right he has only been out a week and he is not here in OZ till 2 or 3 weeks.

Great time to start worrying about sales oh Superman he was a disaster too.

Last edited:
Sorry if you took it all to heart!:peace
Was not all addressed to you.

But really this thread has had this shock panic rubbish in from the start.

If anyone really thinks that Hot Toys and people are panicking and running around going Indy has failed and we have taken on too much everyone is cancelling their pre- orders on other products we are doomed.

Oh that's right he has only been out a week and he is not here in OZ till 2 or 3 weeks.

Great time to start worrying about sales oh Superman he was a disaster to.

No worries, mate, no problemo, everything's cool. :)

I'm just sharing what I have in mind, as a collector, that's all. As a collector, and especially an Indy fan, I expect something great from HT, and I think I didn't get what I expected, as simple as that.

As for the issue about people start cancelling their pre orders and all, who knows, it might be true or whatever, but if it is, then it happens for a reason. None of my business actually, all I care is that I really want a good Indy figure for myself.

I agree, the left nostril ls is normal size on the Trevor sculpt while the Hot Toys one is always off to me which is the main reason it doesn't look right and the main reason I cancelled my pre-order.

I'm not going to go out and say you are all blind though if you don't see what I see, however if you look at the picture of Ford and be realistic here, I don't know what else to say.

One thing i'd notice is that most collectors who got this Indy in hand only took picture from certain angle and show a better likeness of this figure. To me, one got lucky to see it on display...with closer look at it, left nostril and wide jaw has keep me on the fense.

I'm glad at least others can see what I'm seeing too. I wish it was better than it is. I will buy this piece if the price drops due to cancellations etc. We shall see what happens.

Well I blame poor factory tooling and processing for that. Something Sideshows been guilty of with many other lines in the past.

I haven't seen Trevor's sculpt before, but now that I do, I have to say its damn shame that his sculpt wasn't used for this figure. HT has the know-how to transform a prototype flawlessly into a finished product, and Trevor seems to be the only sculptor able to nail Ford's likeness right.

Incidentally, has this sculpt ever been offered for sale?

I haven't seen Trevor's sculpt before, but now that I do, I have to say its damn shame that his sculpt wasn't used for this figure. HT has the know-how to transform a prototype flawlessly into a finished product, and Trevor seems to be the only sculptor able to nail Ford's likeness right.

Incidentally, has this sculpt ever been offered for sale?

Yeah, the way Sideshow handled Trevors amazing sculpt was a huge lettdown. It is the best sculpt of the bunch on its own. I don't think anyone would have been unhappy with that sculpt and Hot Toys paint application process. It would have been just as good as the Chris Reeve Arnie Kim sculpt redo. Maybe we get as good a sculpt as this for the Temple of Doom figure which I do hope is made.

Honestly I am really on the fence about maybe going ahead and getting this after all. I've been completely against this figure since the beginning, but seeing the in-hand pics is swaying me.

But when I see something like this (no disrespect to swsqueakquels):

or this (no disrespect to Kuzeh):

...it makes me NOT want to order it! Seeing the HT figure side by side with actual Raiders and HF pictures only highlights how off the sculpt is.

b9059a50ccfb4252fe62fb09c01ec35e.png

No worries, mate, no problemo, everything's cool. :)

I'm just sharing what I have in mind, as a collector, that's all. As a collector, and especially an Indy fan, I expect something great from HT, and I think I didn't get what I expected, as simple as that.

As for the issue about people start cancelling their pre orders and all, who knows, it might be true or whatever, but if it is, then it happens for a reason. None of my business actually, all I care is that I really want a good Indy figure for myself.

Please, I for one would appreciate knowing what you think once you get this in hand. We keep hearing photo don't do it justice. Want your opinion on that, thanks.

Honestly I am really on the fence about maybe going ahead and getting this after all. I've been completely against this figure since the beginning, but seeing the in-hand pics is swaying me.

But when I see something like this (no disrespect to swsqueakquels):

or this (no disrespect to Kuzeh):

...it makes me NOT want to order it! Seeing the HT figure side by side with actual Raiders and HF pictures only highlights how off the sculpt is.

It's true... If those attempts were made to show how much the sculpt looks like him it failed. It's clear as day how off the sculpt is.

Face it guys, those on the fence swaying. You know you like Indiana Jones and Hot Toys. you WANT to like this. you're TRYING to but the truth is that the sculpt is just not that good. It's not a little off. most HT heads are. This is WAY off.

Don't convince yourself you like it just because it's there and you need a fix for your toy addiction. there are lots of great things to spend your money on. Wait until they release their second Indiana Jones which is inevitable.

They just assume you are going to buy this so why re-work the sculpt? Show them they have to work for your money.

I've been looking at the pictures of everyone that's receive it so far and IMHOP the headsculpt is good when you factoring in the PERS system it's very good! And if your an Indy fan and you look at the tailoring of the clothing, the Idol alter and all the accessories that this comes with - this is worth the money. It comes with everything short of a pygmy with a blowgun.
hovitos!!!!!!

I'm quite sure if you put the new Bruce Wayne HT sculpt side by side with actual pictures of Christian Bale it would have the same effect. Or pretty much any 1:6 toy, for that matter.

I like to go to Starbucks and announce to everyone how BAD Starbucks coffee is. I know everyone else at Starbucks likes the coffee and thinks it's actually GOOD, but truly, they're wrong, they just don't know it.

Back