HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's true. Some actually did use the term "abomination" to describe the Hot Toys Indy. If you go back and read these threads you'll see that the hyperbole has been decidedly one-sided. That's the whole point. The issue isn't people disagreeing... it's HOW they do it. Tactless communication never works no matter what your opinion is.

That's silly. No matter how you feel, come on guys. Devil where is the wanking smiley. Can't post it, I'm at work.

It's true. Some actually did use the term "abomination" to describe the Hot Toys Indy. If you go back and read these threads you'll see that the hyperbole has been decidedly one-sided. That's the whole point. The issue isn't people disagreeing... it's HOW they do it. Tactless communication never works no matter what your opinion is.

Well I still think that IT IS for $250 deluxe figure from HOTTOYS :dunno

All good points, opinions are what public forums are for I think. I'd much rather be looking at new pics of the figure or discussing it's qualities good and bad however. :duff

Picture18.png

People keep posting images of Trevor's sculpt, as he sculpted it. The honest truth is, I think that this sculpt is amazing and probably closer than Hot Toys. The unfortunate reality is, this is not what we got from SS. Shoddy paint apps aside, the seperate neck takes alot away and give him a bobble head appearance. Even with a fantastic repaint, it still looks way off from Trevor's original sculpt. The cheeks look fatter, the forehead bigger...I don't know what happened in the manufacturing process, but it certainly doesn't look as nice as the original sculpt. Look at the pics of the prototype (like on the cover of Tomarts). Paint apps aside, it doens't look anything like the final product.

Also, for the record, and no offense to OMG, who is a fantastic photgrapher, my HT Indy looks nothing like his pics. Not sure what is going on there, but it almost looks like a completely different figure. Great photos, don't get me wrong, but not really indicative of the figure in hand.

I've been thinking this all along. OMG's are quality pics but his HS seems different somehow???

I cracked. Pulled the trigger. Got a good deal -- $225 shipped -- so I went ahead and ordered. Should be in the retailer's hand next Friday and shipping to me by Monday (Halloween). Gonna be a long, impatient wait but I got a new Indy coming.

I cracked. Pulled the trigger. Got a good deal -- $225 shipped -- so I went ahead and ordered. Should be in the retailer's hand next Friday and shipping to me by Monday (Halloween). Gonna be a long, impatient wait but I got a new Indy coming.

That's a great deal, Wor! Can I ask where you got it?

Wrong. The answer is Trevor Grove. Pay no attention to my signature.

That is your opinion and you are intitled to it. Doesn't make it a fact. He does great work but is just as capable of a miss as anyone else. The Nathan Fillion is a great example.

:clap:clap:clap

Hope you like him!

I just hope Wor-Gar is happy with him in hand. :)

Thanks guys. :1-1:

That's a great deal, Wor! Can I ask where you got it?

Hero Headquarters. Funny story -- I cruised completed listings on ebay, found a dealer who had a great price shipped and just decided to call him directly to see if he would get anymore. Turns out he gets his stock from Sideshow and sold out his entire supply but had one more left. So I nabbed it.

What? You mean like calling people chimps?
Stick to your guns mate. Don't be a hypocrite.
If you calling people chimps is tactful, I wouldn't like to see untactful?

Back