HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think mfisher better start making some new batches right now because once the honeymoon is over I think a lot of people may want to upgrade a few bits and parts (like belts and whips).

Whips and holster are two of my concerns. Never really liked the loosely braided whip in this scale. And I still think the HT holster looks oversized just like SS's was. But hey, I'll actually know for sure in a week or so.

few more hours, Fedex has it held for me to pickup after work....

I almost feel like I deserve this figure more because I put up with this and the other locked indy thread for so long. I gotta say that the things said by ppl and the scrutiny these figures go under makes me ashamed to be a collector or a member of this forum.

I remember when I was waiting for DX04 and rumor was there were 2 batches.... I went nuts... and was thoroughly embarrassed when it arrived perfect. Not this time with Indy.... I know for a fact, FACT, that photos don't work on Hot toys period. In hand is the way to go until we start watching 3D video reviews.

Anyways, in a way I'm happy about everyone being so unhappy, makes indy cheaper, and more readily available.

few more hours, Fedex has it held for me to pickup after work.....

Excellent!

I almost feel like I deserve this figure more because I put up with this and the other locked indy thread for so long. I gotta say that the things said by ppl and the scrutiny these figures go under makes me ashamed to be a collector or a member of this forum.

Uh...wait a minute, ouch...

Anyways, in a way I'm happy about everyone being so unhappy, makes indy cheaper, and more readily available.

OK, good, yes? Wait, are we happy?

Excellent!

Uh...wait a minute, ouch...

OK, good, yes? Wait, are we happy?

HA I guess I better not blanket everyone with that statement... many cool members here!

But how embarrassing to be a part of a club with so many whining people worried... it's darn embarrassing.

The moral of the story is... Hot Toys should have or should in the future either outright commission Trevor Grove to sculpt Indiana Jones, or negotiate with Sideshow to use their sculpt as a base.

Obviously HT is the king in terms of paint aps and production quality but they have to face the fact that their boy Arnie Kim couldn't get the job done.

Also anyone else bugged at how damn TINY the head is? it's Tiny.

The new Bruce Wayne head is also tiny and IMO a huge step down from the prototype. I'm wondering we may have seen HT's peak... Price hikes and quality drops... I'm worried they might be self destructing.

I don't think I could handle the shock if you ever had more than a couple of good words to say about any production figure

Question for those Guys who have their Indy already , would the extra fedora that came with the SS Indy fit onto the Hot Toys head ? ( Assuming that you have the SS Indy that is )

Please, I for one would appreciate knowing what you think once you get this in hand. We keep hearing photo don't do it justice. Want your opinion on that, thanks.

Will surely post my opinion when I get the figure in hand, bro. :)

I like to go to Starbucks and announce to everyone how BAD Starbucks coffee is. I know everyone else at Starbucks likes the coffee and thinks it's actually GOOD, but truly, they're wrong, they just don't know it.

That's a very strange analogy. Nobody goes to Hot Toys' office or factory and announce to them how bad their product is.
If you don't like the Starbucks coffee, you can always state your opinion in a coffee forum, where people discuss coffees in it. Just like what we do here, it's a forum, it's a place to discuss and share what we have in mind, opinions and all. And nobody can force their personal taste or opinion to anyone here. I don't like it, I'm sharing it then so be it, some other people loves it, they're sharing it, then so be it.

Just got the figure in. My honest assessment below with some cell phone pics. Straight out of the box with just a little jacket futzing.

This figure really does look like Ford from some angles and then not even in the ballpark from most other angles. It really is bizarre in hand and I'm not entirely certain that you don't end up justifying some likeness in the end. This figure is all about presentation though and everything from the box and accessories are all top notch. I've owned just about every 12'' Indiana Jones that's been made and a lot of custom Indiana's as well. I would without a doubt say that out of the box this is by far the best available (despite likeness issues). The tailoring is actually pretty close to Kato's custom gear that I have. I would say that overall this is probably the weakest Hot Toys figure I own from a likeness perspective and in the end I'm not sure I will end up keeping it because you really do feel like you're compromising a bit when you really focus on the face from most angles. Overall, and as I'm sure most expected, this figure is a big mixed bag.

These are the photos and angle/s I think capture Harrison Ford when looking at the figure in hand.
akzosm.jpg

1fgyn7.jpg

2yxhliq.jpg

6h73ar.jpg

2ns5m9x.jpg

2cp93yh.jpg

s1hhjc.jpg

From the side this is the ugliest figure I've ever owned. I mean, absolutely hideous. It's beyond awkward the way the head meets the neck and the gap between the chin and neck is absurd. I would definitely recommend displaying this where only the front can be seen. No detolf for this guy.

fvwq4m.jpg

Back