HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is how I feel as well having seen two of these with slightly different sculpts. It only looks like Ford when you hide what is wrong with the sculpt which is the left nostril and wide jaw. At an angle looking at the right side of the face, I see Ford all the way. Turn the head and its not Ford anymore. Simple as that. It was a simple fix for them since this was pointed out way back before they started production. Hot Toys needs to listen to us more closely after they release any prototype sculpt.

Dude really everyones knows yours issues with the left nostril and wide jaw scandal. But come on you have posted it over and over for days now.

Not being mean but time to get over it. You can not change it so let it go.:peace

Its a bit scary your whole obsession with it.:peace

Dude really everyones knows yours issues with the left nostril and wide jaw scandal. But come on you have posted it over and over for days now.

Not being mean but time to get over it. You can not change it so let it go.:peace

Its a bit scary your whole obsession with it.:peace

Easy fix. I don't see his post unless someone quotes it. :clap

Superman
This message is hidden because Superman is on your ignore list.

This is how I feel as well having seen two of these with slightly different sculpts. It only looks like Ford when you hide what is wrong with the sculpt which is the left nostril and wide jaw. At an angle looking at the right side of the face, I see Ford all the way. Turn the head and its not Ford anymore. Simple as that. It was a simple fix for them since this was pointed out way back before they started production. Hot Toys needs to listen to us more closely after they release any prototype sculpt.

broken_record.gif

This isn't really a public forum, though. It has a private owner (Dave), rules, and management (Mods). People sometimes tend to forget this.

Oh yeah, thanks for the info.. I do remember all that. :)
But here, at least, is not Hot Toys' office or factory, if we're referring to the strange Starbucks analogy.

Just got the figure in. My honest assessment below with some cell phone pics. Straight out of the box with just a little jacket futzing.

This figure really does look like Ford from some angles and then not even in the ballpark from most other angles. It really is bizarre in hand and I'm not entirely certain that you don't end up justifying some likeness in the end. This figure is all about presentation though and everything from the box and accessories are all top notch. I've owned just about every 12'' Indiana Jones that's been made and a lot of custom Indiana's as well. I would without a doubt say that out of the box this is by far the best available (despite likeness issues). The tailoring is actually pretty close to Kato's custom gear that I have. I would say that overall this is probably the weakest Hot Toys figure I own from a likeness perspective and in the end I'm not sure I will end up keeping it because you really do feel like you're compromising a bit when you really focus on the face from most angles. Overall, and as I'm sure most expected, this figure is a big mixed bag.

These are the photos and angle/s I think capture Harrison Ford when looking at the figure in hand.
akzosm.jpg

1fgyn7.jpg

2yxhliq.jpg

6h73ar.jpg

2ns5m9x.jpg

2cp93yh.jpg

s1hhjc.jpg

From the side this is the ugliest figure I've ever owned. I mean, absolutely hideous. It's beyond awkward the way the head meets the neck and the gap between the chin and neck is absurd. I would definitely recommend displaying this where only the front can be seen. No detolf for this guy.

fvwq4m.jpg

Cool review. thanks.

Well, now there's at least one of us who actually has it in hand that isn't quite thrilled with it, though it looks fine to me in those pics. :huh:

Man, I can't wait to have mine to see for myself. I can't recall a figure that had such wildly varying feedback. :lol

That would be TWO of you. OMG didnt seem to be happy either.

Just got the figure in. My honest assessment below with some cell phone pics. Straight out of the box with just a little jacket futzing.

This figure really does look like Ford from some angles and then not even in the ballpark from most other angles. It really is bizarre in hand and I'm not entirely certain that you don't end up justifying some likeness in the end. This figure is all about presentation though and everything from the box and accessories are all top notch. I've owned just about every 12'' Indiana Jones that's been made and a lot of custom Indiana's as well. I would without a doubt say that out of the box this is by far the best available (despite likeness issues). The tailoring is actually pretty close to Kato's custom gear that I have. I would say that overall this is probably the weakest Hot Toys figure I own from a likeness perspective and in the end I'm not sure I will end up keeping it because you really do feel like you're compromising a bit when you really focus on the face from most angles. Overall, and as I'm sure most expected, this figure is a big mixed bag.

From the side this is the ugliest figure I've ever owned. I mean, absolutely hideous. It's beyond awkward the way the head meets the neck and the gap between the chin and neck is absurd. I would definitely recommend displaying this where only the front can be seen. No detolf for this guy.

Thanks for this - I was starting to rethink my decision of not getting this, but after seeing these photos and reading your review I can safely say I'm very glad to save my money. I picked up some spare parts from ebay and I'll be doing a custom map room indy which I think will be a great compromise.

W29,
The jacket actually looks ok in your pics, not baggy. What did they use? vinyl? Ive owned a few 1/6 vinyl jackets that after 2-3 years the vinyl covering begins to crack and seperates from the bottom material.

I never noticed that gap in between the chin and neck, it looks odd indeed.

It was Groucho Marx.

It was. Woody might have quoted him.

You guys are correct, the first time I heard it was from Woody quoting Groucho, so it sticks with me from Woody for the visual.

Great review, Wofford. Very honest and I bet very true. It's about what I've prepared myself for. That said, I think your pictures are better looking than I hope.

**he's got "ford" in his name so it has to be true.**

W29,
The jacket actually looks ok in your pics, not baggy. What did they use? vinyl? Ive owned a few 1/6 vinyl jackets that after 2-3 years the vinyl covering begins to crack and seperates from the bottom material.

I never noticed that gap in between the chin and neck, it looks odd indeed.

It's not a bad jacket at all. Not as good as Kato's but a very close second. It feels like a pleather or leatherette type material. Kind of stiff at first but breaks in quite nicely with just some range of motion stuff with the arms and the natural oils from your hands rubbing off on it.

Question for those Guys who have their Indy already , would the extra fedora that came with the SS Indy fit onto the Hot Toys head ? ( Assuming that you have the SS Indy that is )

Not even close:

IMG_4490.JPG

Wofford, great pics man. I love that pose, and may just steal it! You are spot on about the gap between the jaw/neck. Is this not normal for HT? I honestly don't know, this is my first HT figure.

I've got some more pics coming up as soon as I upload 'em.

I would like to also reiterate something about my review. Some people seem to have taken it as a negative, others as a positive, and some for what it is, an abbreviated opinion of the pros and cons of which there are plenty. As I stated, if I was to only own one Indiana Jones figure from what is currently available, this would be the one (despite any likeness issues). Having said that, this certainly isn't the end of what many consider to be an ongoing pursuit of a great Indiana Jones collectible. It's certainly a step in that direction, but the quest continues.

edit: I will say that for those of you who owned the original Toy's McCoy Indy, and I mean when it came out, not after lots of other options existed. I kind of got that same feeling with this one. It's presentation just feels special and there was so much unknown about this damn thing going into actually seeing it yourself. It really makes you feel like you own the only Indy collectible worth owning. Reality does eventually set in though. :lol

Last edited:
Back