HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the paper clip trick?

It's like the pencil disappearing trick, only safer. :)

You straighten a paper clip, slide the wire inbetween the hem and bend to shape to it will hold (usually used for the bottom of coats to shape how the hang but was used on the T-800 collar to tighten it around the neck).

So are some suffering from the eyeliner problem more than others?

Or is the flash in the pic I quote cancelling out those that are apparent in the subsequent pics posted?

Not exactly sure what you are asking Snake, but the "eyeliner" effect is really just a result of lighting/shadow/whatever in photos. It's not like there is actual "eyeliner" painted on the figure.

Indy's boots...

boots-RotLA.jpg

Here are some shots I took last night, using the back drop, and playing around with the lighting:

IMG_45512.JPG

IMG_45552.JPG

IMG_4560.JPG

IMG_4562.JPG

IMG_4563.JPG

IMG_4567.JPG

IMG_4570.JPG

IMG_4571.JPG

Don't get a chance to post much on these boards, but I really am a huge Indy fan.

I got a chance to pick one of these up from a local dealer and have to echo what everyone has been saying about it looking much better in person. I'm so glad I got to see it in person before picking it up... if everyone had a chance to do that I think there would be a lot more sales.

Cannot put my finger on why it is so hard to photograph... but one thing that's certain in that the fine detail just doesn't come across in photos... their molding process is just so amazing... I put it next to my beautifully Silent Surfer painted Trevor Indy and you can just see that as amazing as Trevor's sculpt is, the molding process just isn't as advanced as what Hot Toys is doing now.

The details in the clothing, shoes... ugh it makes the New Line Aldens look like playskool stuff.

Anyway, If I can figure out how to take decent pics I will post them but this really is a beautiful Indy figure. It's a shame... it's gorgeous overall package they put together... clearly it was an important figure for Hot Toys but most people are going to consider it a dud.

I'm a really happy Indy fan here.

Don't get a chance to post much on these boards, but I really am a huge Indy fan.

I got a chance to pick one of these up from a local dealer and have to echo what everyone has been saying about it looking much better in person. I'm so glad I got to see it in person before picking it up... if everyone had a chance to do that I think there would be a lot more sales.

Cannot put my finger on why it is so hard to photograph... but one thing that's certain in that the fine detail just doesn't come across in photos... their molding process is just so amazing... I put it next to my beautifully Silent Surfer painted Trevor Indy and you can just see that as amazing as Trevor's sculpt is, the molding process just isn't as advanced as what Hot Toys is doing now.

The details in the clothing, shoes... ugh it makes the New Line Aldens look like playskool stuff.

Anyway, If I can figure out how to take decent pics I will post them but this really is a beautiful Indy figure. It's a shame... it's gorgeous overall package they put together... clearly it was an important figure for Hot Toys but most people are going to consider it a dud.

I'm a really happy Indy fan here.

Thanks for your thoughts. :duff

Getting harder to resist this!

most of this guy omgs pics i have seen are great .....the lighting and high def pics show off the most minute detail in his pics but with this particular sculpt i think it ruins it .....in natural light it seems to look great, even when people even use a flash it seems to bring out the eye shadow look....just my opinion

Not exactly sure what you are asking Snake, but the "eyeliner" effect is really just a result of lighting/shadow/whatever in photos. It's not like there is actual "eyeliner" painted on the figure.

Thanks. :duff

Guess just some pics have those weird deepset eyes and other look perfect. May have to chance it and buy one. :lol

most of this guy omgs pics i have seen are great .....the lighting and high def pics show off the most minute detail in his pics but with this particular sculpt i think it ruins it .....in natural light it seems to look great, even when people even use a flash it seems to bring out the eye shadow look....just my opinion

I agree. check out his Capt America pics. Look great!

Back