HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine a few minutes ago, the package is AMAZING. This is easily my favorite package of all the figures I have picked up so far (even more so that the previous DX releases, as it is just screams Archaeology) and the map in the box is awesome. I am fairly impressed with the sculpt, as I was not expecting to see a fully miniature Indiana Jones in box so my hopes were not dashed on delivery.

However the jacket is definitely NOT real cow hide, if it is leather it may be lamb skin. The eye shadow effect does not occur with normal lighting to the naked eye (as a camera optics are far more perceptive of this) and I cannot tell if I have a fat head or not but it looks good.

Here's my Indy !!!!!!
I picked him up yesterday from CSC.
I am happy with him.
I did a custom base for him too

IMG_6221-1.jpg

IMG_6222.jpg

IMG_6223.jpg

IMG_6226.jpg

IMG_6227.jpg

IMG_6234.jpg

IMG_6235.jpg

IMG_6220.jpg

Finally someone does a strong pose! Well done. Looks cinematic.

Just got mine a few minutes ago, the package is AMAZING. This is easily my favorite package of all the figures I have picked up so far (even more so that the previous DX releases, as it is just screams Archaeology) and the map in the box is awesome. I am fairly impressed with the sculpt, as I was not expecting to see a fully miniature Indiana Jones in box so my hopes were not dashed on delivery.

However the jacket is definitely NOT real cow hide, if it is leather it may be lamb skin. The eye shadow effect does not occur with normal lighting to the naked eye (as a camera optics are far more perceptive of this) and I cannot tell if I have a fat head or not but it looks good.

Don't worry. Everyone's beautiful on the inside.

:lol

Don't get a chance to post much on these boards, but I really am a huge Indy fan.

I got a chance to pick one of these up from a local dealer and have to echo what everyone has been saying about it looking much better in person. I'm so glad I got to see it in person before picking it up... if everyone had a chance to do that I think there would be a lot more sales.

Cannot put my finger on why it is so hard to photograph... but one thing that's certain in that the fine detail just doesn't come across in photos... their molding process is just so amazing... I put it next to my beautifully Silent Surfer painted Trevor Indy and you can just see that as amazing as Trevor's sculpt is, the molding process just isn't as advanced as what Hot Toys is doing now.

The details in the clothing, shoes... ugh it makes the New Line Aldens look like playskool stuff.

Anyway, If I can figure out how to take decent pics I will post them but this really is a beautiful Indy figure. It's a shame... it's gorgeous overall package they put together... clearly it was an important figure for Hot Toys but most people are going to consider it a dud.

I'm a really happy Indy fan here.

Nice to hear another great in hand review- I agree I thioght in hand on this far better than those first bad pics...as usual!

This is Wofford's pic that I cropped for a more cinematic look, I really like this shot... very Ford, very Indy.

wofford29adj1.jpg

If I get one like this, I'll be more than satisfied.

Sadly, I still can't bring myself to buy it. Maybe if I can get it for a better price...

I was in the same boat, thought I'd get it when it hit $175 or less in March. But then I did the math on the parts I wanted for Map Room Indy and it was close to the full figure price. That, and some good pics, really pushed me over the edge...and getting it for $225 flat shipped. Still not sure its worth that price, but its Indy...see my avatar. Hard for me to resist for long.

Yes, the two new guys who got Indy, let's see your junk?

:rotfl reminds me of the security guys at work who keep running the wand over my zipper.
"Sir, did you forget to remove your belt?"
"Nope, I buy my pants to fit" (raises shirt to show) "thats my zipper, do you need me to show you what I have in there?"

I was in the same boat, thought I'd get it when it hit $175 or less in March. But then I did the math on the parts I wanted for Map Room Indy and it was close to the full figure price. That, and some good pics, really pushed me over the edge...and getting it for $225 flat shipped. Still not sure its worth that price, but its Indy...see my avatar. Hard for me to resist for long.

Yeah, I hear ya'. I'm a big Indy fan too, but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger. It doesn't help that I have Superman, Captain Jack, and Captain America coming. And I just got Batman 2 days ago. That's a lot of dough to be dropping on dollies. :lol

Back