HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I have yet seen any one TD bio that had identical paint job. Each one had a unique and slightly different personality to it. Some were more dirty like they've been in the harsh environments of many jungles over time and others were a lot cleaner like mine (which I LOVE!)

Yea I have yet seen any one TD bio that had identical paint job. Each one had a unique and slightly different personality to it. Some were more dirty like they've been in the harsh environments of many jungles over time and others were a lot cleaner like mine (which I LOVE!)

Any link to your pics with TD's mask? :)

Here are some fresh shots I took today. Also did some of my P2, but that's a different thread ;). Anyhow...

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

For some reason, I think the dreads on this one are not in dire need of the mod... other Preds I own, maybe ;). I'll try it on my Lost sometime soon, and if the results are good, I'll do it to Guardian and P1.

Well, Lost and Guardian really do seem to benefit from the mod. I'll give it a shot, since those ones definitely need it.

How did you guys mod the hair? There seems to be several ways of doing it from what I've seen in several forums such as using rubber band overnight or ACTUALLY dipping it into hot water. Which is the safest surefire way of doing it?

Also, have you guys ever had issues with the body netting, especially in the arms and legs part where sometimes the leg greaves or the left hand self-destruct computer would come off and when you had to put it back in, it would end up scrunching up the netting and make it uneven on the toy? How did you guys end up fixing that?

Very simply:
- Take off Predator's shoes and pads.
- Pass a string (having the same length of two sides) in a netting link
- Slip on the 2 pieces of string in the pad
- Tighten the string by holding the two ends.
The net is in position?
- Slide the pad in place.
- Then pull on one end of the string to remove.
And voilà! It'll just put the foot in place. :wink1:
It always takes longer to explain than done!
I hope I was clear enough... :dunno

Very simply:
- Take off Predator's shoes and pads.
- Pass a string (having the same length of two sides) in a netting link
- Slip on the 2 pieces of string in the pad
- Tighten the string by holding the two ends.
The net is in position?
- Slide the pad in place.
- Then pull on one end of the string to remove.
And voilà! It'll just put the foot in place. :wink1:
It always takes longer to explain than done!
I hope I was clear enough... :dunno

Hahaha no worries I figured it out and did exactly what you did was just trying my luck to ask around if anyone did it differently. Cos sometimes I fear if I pull the string too hard then it might snap the net or if I hold the string too loose and slip in the pad/greaves then the net won't be in place properly. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

I beg viruz777, it was nothing! :wink1:

The work began. Here are some pictures of the first draft.
I fear that we do not really see touchups of sculpting that I started to make. :dunno This will be much more visible when it will be repainted (but we're not there yet ...).
When it will seem correct, I'll make symmetry on the left of the mask.
Alejandro, your mask is really first class. I do not know how you've done, but it looks like plastic injected!... Or thermoformed ABS? This is not resin, in any case. It's a real pleasure to work with it.
To be continued...
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

I beg viruz777, it was nothing! :wink1:

The work began. Here are some pictures of the first draft.
I fear that we do not really see touchups of sculpting that I started to make. :dunno This will be much more visible when it will be repainted (but we're not there yet ...).
When it will seem correct, I'll make symmetry on the left of the mask.
Alejandro, your mask is really first class. I do not know how you've done, but it looks like plastic injected!... Or thermoformed ABS? This is not resin, in any case. It's a real pleasure to work with it.
To be continued...
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Fantastic mask! I've never seen it in such detail. Now I'm tempted to order the un-improved new mask as well xD Also, where did you guys put the 3 rubber tubes on the left side of the mask? It seems to stick out too much so I was wondering where did you guys put the tubes and how did you stick it etc.

Last edited:
Haaaa Alejandro! What a nice surprise!
I was saying instantly to Timo (EndoSickness) that I had just started work on your mask. Tonight I've just reshaped the symmetry on the left side. Tomorrow I will perfect a little more and putty some places before re-shooting.
Tell me what you think. :wave

Fantastic mask! I've never seen it in such detail. Now I'm tempted to order the un-improved new mask as well xD Also, where did you guys put the 3 rubber tubes on the left side of the mask? It seems to stick out too much so I was wondering where did you guys put the tubes and how did you stick it etc.

The tubes, i just tucked them under the dreads they don't hook into anything...however, i want to reposition them from what i have in this pic:

100_7385.jpg

As for sticking them, i think you mean attaching them to the bio, right?

I just widen the predrilled holes and slipped the tubes and that's that.

I was going to glue them in place but i am thinking of picking up some longer wires to have them tuck properly behind the dreads.

Either way, i don't see them coming out anytime soon, they are a pretty tight fit.

M.

The tubes, i just tucked them under the dreads they don't hook into anything...however, i want to reposition them from what i have in this pic:

100_7385.jpg

As for sticking them, i think you mean attaching them to the bio, right?

I just widen the predrilled holes and slipped the tubes and that's that.

I was going to glue them in place but i am thinking of picking up some longer wires to have them tuck properly behind the dreads.

Either way, i don't see them coming out anytime soon, they are a pretty tight fit.

M.

Nono the tubes stuck to the bio is fine. I was just wondering where you put the other end of the tubes whether behind the dreads or where you glued them to hide them to to make them look neater without the tubes sticking out so much. Cos tucking them under the dreads makes it feel a little messy somehow.

Nono the tubes stuck to the bio is fine. I was just wondering where you put the other end of the tubes whether behind the dreads or where you glued them to hide them to to make them look neater without the tubes sticking out so much. Cos tucking them under the dreads makes it feel a little messy somehow.

Oh, well i initially tied them together and tucked them near where the LED Bio plugs in...but i felt it was pulled too tightly...so i just let them hang under the dreads...

That's why i want to get some longer wire and redo that part...i will probably do it in the next week or so...

I guess that is minor gripe with the TD package, tubes/wires not quite long enough, in my opinion.

Easily replaced though...so who cares!

M.

Back