InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JND masked sculpt is beyond brilliant. The BW sculpt is way off.
I originally felt that way upon initial reveal as well, but more and more in hand pics are showing the Wayne sculpt to be better than originally solicited. Not perfect, but better, at least to me to the point to where I even considered canceling this InArt figure to purchase the JND. However, as good as it looks, it’s just too much money to spend on a version of the character that isn’t my absolute favorite. As always though, everyone’s mileage varies and that’s ok

Last edited:
I must be the only one that thinks that JND statue is really ugly, especially the unmasked portrait.

Might be a bias though as I dont really like any of their statues or their attitude to their customer.
you're not

I must be the only one that thinks that JND statue is really ugly, especially the unmasked portrait.

Might be a bias though as I dont really like any of their statues or their attitude to their customer.
As you can see, you’re definitely not alone.

I just don’t want to make the people who spent 3K feel bad for purchasing a craggy, grumpy smackhead version of Bruce Wayne.

JND’s unimpressive sculpts really make me not give two craps about the 1/6 line they’re supposedly working on.

The following posts from inart is definitely going to be Batman related. Once we see a production video I’m bout to go crazy.

I think this and Aragorn is definitely their best figures so far, if I was going to be claim which is their best 1:6 figure, I think Batman would take the cake. Because..

1. More intricate fabric patterns
2. Two headsculpts, with the masked portrait that is a challenge itself
3. Multiple gadget accessories

Aragorn is definitely second for me so far, their headsculpt especially is too good.

As you can see, you’re definitely not alone.

I just don’t want to make the people who spent 3K feel bad for purchasing a craggy, grumpy smackhead version of Bruce Wayne.

JND’s unimpressive sculpts really make me not give two craps about the 1/6 line they’re supposedly working on.
Ppl who purchased it obviously like it so I don’t think yours or anyone’s opinions on it will matter to them if I’m being honest. That’s not to sound combative, I just don’t think they’d care :lol that’s almost like saying “I don’t want to make someone who spent $500+ on a custom Joker outfit feel bad when we have the InArt and Artisan figures” —those guys don’t care. I saw a guy on the custom forum drop over grand for deposits on multiple custom clothing runs back to back to back. To us, that might seem crazy, but to them, it’s business as usual.

Like I’ve said above, the initial photos of the JND did look pretty bad, particularly the Bruce Wayne sculpt, but the production piece looks pretty great from what I’ve seen from the few in hand photos I’ve found.

InArt’s Gandalf and Pennywise are clear home runs, their TDK Joker, however, is many steps behind those. I still think the HT Wayne sculpt with messy hair is the winner between the two when comparing the two protos, though. InArt win’s everything else though. Will be interesting to see them side by side when both are in hand.

Last edited:
Ppl who purchased it obviously like it so I don’t think yours or anyone’s opinions on it will matter to them if I’m being honest. That’s not to sound combative, I just don’t think they’d care :lol that’s almost like saying “I don’t want to make someone who spent $500+ on a custom Joker outfit when we have the InArt and Artisan figures” —those guys don’t care. I saw a guy one the custom forum drop over grand for deposits on multiple custom clothing runs back to back to back. To us, that l might seem crazy, but to them, it’s business as usual.

Like I’ve said above, the initial photos of the JND did look pretty bad, particularly the Bruce Wayne sculpt, but the production piece looks pretty great from what I’ve seen from the few in hand photos I’ve found.

InArt’s Gandalf and Pennywise are clear home runs, their TDK Joker, however, is many steps behind those. I still think the HT Wayne sculpt with messy hair is the winner between the two when comparing the two protos, though. Will be interesting to see them side by side when both are in hand.
I dunno; I can be completely satisfied with a figure until I come to tell everyone here what fun I’ve been having and see pages of furious comments about inaccurate belt buckles or shoelace knots and suddenly feel like it needs an upgraded.

The worst part is- I’m also the guy who will end up pointing that stuff out!!

I dunno; I can be completely satisfied with a figure until I come to tell everyone here what fun I’ve been having and see pages of furious comments about inaccurate belt buckles or shoelace knots and suddenly feel like it needs an upgraded.

The worst part is- I’m also the guy who will end up pointing that stuff out!!
That’s understandable as I used to be that way. Sometimes it’s hard not to be in the pursuit of what each us feels is good enough.

I think I’m more susceptible to our fellow members on here saying things like “get it, you’ll regret it if you don’t. It’s so good and the best version of X we’ve had!” than when ppl talk negatively about a collectible I’m already enjoying.

The following posts from inart is definitely going to be Batman related. Once we see a production video I’m bout to go crazy.

I think this and Aragorn is definitely their best figures so far, if I was going to be claim which is their best 1:6 figure, I think Batman would take the cake. Because..

1. More intricate fabric patterns
2. Two headsculpts, with the masked portrait that is a challenge itself
3. Multiple gadget accessories

Aragorn is definitely second for me so far, their headsculpt especially is too good.
I have to go with aragorn even if Im not a big lord of the rings fan. That figure takes the cake

When I buy any figure I always ask myself if I'm going to be happy with it after 5 years. I compare the things I like and dont like and think about how much room there is to improve on it and if somebody will in the future

The batman figure is one of the best figures Ive ever seen. But the flightsuit is not accurate and if JND really gets into 1/6 then its possible theyll do it better

But Im not the craziest fan of the movie like I am with other things so I can live not having the best of the best as long as I have a figure that looks amazing

When hot toys announced the figure before I even knew about inart I passed because it looked like **** to me and I didnt think I would be happy with it. The same way I will pass on bane. I dont like the way it looks and I dont expect that Inart will make him soon but I hope they do

Last edited:
When I buy any figure I always ask myself if I'm going to be happy with it after 5 years. I compare the things I like and don't like and think about how much room there is to improve on it and if somebody will in the future
Interesting way to go about it. I don't think I've heard anyone do it that way, or at least verbalize it. The hard part is, you just never know if someone else will tackle it in the future. TDK Batman and Joker seem to be the only sure bets, at least when it comes to DC. Other characters/versions are a toss up.
That's the JND. I posted that over in the proper thread the other day. If you want to discuss the JND, probably best to do so in it's own thread :wink1: Otherwise, we're going to keep getting comparisons between the two in here. Though, that thread doesn't get a lot of traffic since this site is pretty much a figure site rather than one for statues. The only way to have conversation about other products is to cross post at times it seems. There was a member posting all their TLOU customs in the LimToys thread, was asked to make their own thread instead of clogging up the Lim one with their custom stuff, wasn't getting any traffic in their custom thread, so they went back to posting in the LimToys thread :lol Though, as @TheBatman mentioned, this is the InArt thread, so there's naturally going to be a biased towards it when another version is brought in to compare.

Back