InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st small batch to ship out in next few weeks.

Let me consult my crystal ball on where the first batch will go to...

ezgif-4-be0b7c98b4.gif

InArt live stream right now. They are making ring replacements right now. He said contact your retailer to ask for replacements.

Also mentioned again, Legolas will go up for preorder by end of the year. First batch Aragorn just completed and they are taking official photos this week. 1st small batch to ship out in next few weeks.
Nice! I ordered Aragorn within the first few days the preorder went up, so hopefully I get him by early fall.

So I got the pencil to fix my Gandalf nose paint issue, but… uhh… I’m not sure.

Does this color seem right for flesh, or am I paranoid? Or is InArt gaslighting me?

IMG_5384.jpeg

Last edited:

Does this color seem right for flesh, or am I paranoid? Or is InArt gaslighting me?

View attachment 705884

I'm sorry man but I'm laughing hard right now. That's a troll move. Lol! You're telling me that's how Inart touches the paint on headsculpts? With watercolor pencils?

I wonder if Inart will send me a lighter and a stencil guide so I can heat up the ring and imprint the markings myself. 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, seems super dark. When kit said they offered a pencil, I was thinking maybe some kind of make up pencil or something. But this is just silly lol. I don’t think I can even be mad at it.

View attachment 705884

I know this is way too much work, but what I've seen other painters do is use a blade to scrape off shavings of the "lead" and get it into a powder, and then use a brush, like a make-up brush, to apply it.

Usually the skintone color/effect is achieved with powdered pigments, like pastels, and it really is applied like make-up. Not like mixing up paint to get a skintone color.

It's either that or you're supposed to use that pencil to 'dab' on the age spots. Otherwise, I'm not sure what they expect you to do with it.

I know this is way too much work, but what I've seen other painters do is use a blade to scrape off shavings of the "lead" and get it into a powder, and then use a brush, like a make-up brush, to apply it.

Usually the skintone color/effect is achieved with powdered pigments, like pastels, and it really is applied like make-up. Not like mixing up paint to get a skintone color.

It's either that or you're supposed to use that pencil to 'dab' on the age spots. Otherwise, I'm not sure what they expect you to do with it.

Let me bust out my 1/6 mortar and pestle to get some red powder going.

Thank for the insight though, I’ll look more into this this weekend and see if I can accomplish a fix. It’s a good start.

Let me bust out my 1/6 mortar and pestle to get some red powder going.

Thank for the insight though, I’ll look more into this this weekend and see if I can accomplish a fix. It’s a good start.

Just get some flakes in a paper towel, like the cheap kind that are more paper than cloth, the brown kind, or something similar, maybe brown paper lunch bag, whatever you've got around. And you can just sort of 'grind' it in the paper, between your fingers, that should break it up enough to become a powder.

Heck, you never know, this could be how you learn to become a painter, then after a year of practice, you can start charging people $500 to paint a headsculpt. Think of how many figures you could buy!!!

Back