InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Legolas 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inart are extracting the Michael now with these prices. I still haven't been able to get the Gandalf head sculpt out of the jar thing. Some style, little substance. At these prices the product and QC need to be spot-on, 'nuff said. No thanks, don't need the stress of getting ripped off and then also needing to worry about cock-ups right out the box. I never have that feeling with Hot Toys or indeed Mars, Present Toys, Asmus. I can get the Asmum Helms Deep Legolas for about 140 US, think that'll do me.

Ordered Legy...forget about that nazgul- at these prices it will be the last time I buy anything from Inart!
I'll have to just settle for what I already have from Asmus (and pray they make more- or it's over for me).
For the cost of this I think the figure LACKS, and believe I must have lost my mind. Telling myself it might be worth it
after kit bashing with the base and armor from Asmus.

A big THANK YOU to chrisstbh for the coupon codes he posted (one worked for me- $10 off), every little bit helps!

It does feel like InArt is on a terrible run this year.

Prolonged release times.
Influencer batch frustration.
Quality control issues.
Gandalf batches taking forever.
The Batman release dragging out.
Harry Potter sales hindered by not announcing the trio together.
Aragorn hair all over the place.
Nazgûl pricing debacle.
Legolas pricing debacle.

That’s an awful lot of negative PR.

It does feel like InArt is on a terrible run this year.

Prolonged release times.
Influencer batch frustration.
Quality control issues.
Gandalf batches taking forever.
The Batman release dragging out.
Harry Potter sales hindered by not announcing the trio together.
Aragorn hair all over the place.
Nazgûl pricing debacle.
Legolas pricing debacle.

That’s an awful lot of negative PR.
Don't forget skinnyass Superman with inaccurate suit and “Justin inspired curl”.

I don’t know why so many people assume that individual actors control their likeness rights and their prices. I don’t think this has anything to do with Bloom, there’s no way he’d have controlled his likeness when he filmed LOTR. This is just InArt being greedy because they can.
Agreed. I'm sure there are more instances, but the only actors I've heard that care enough about these figures to personally sign off on them have been Johnny Depp and Tom Hiddleston. But, I don't think that has anything to do with the prices themselves, just approving the likeness of a product.

Yeah skipping this at that price. Will stick with aragorn as a loner. And pair my gandalf with the eventual Frodo. That will have to do with these prices.

Legolas is definitely overpriced. There's no reason why he should be more than rooted Aragorn.

At these prices, I'll be content collecting just the Fellowship (and the Gal Gadot WW they'll eventually do). I thought about getting Paul Atreides, but I only really want him if there are other figures from Dune made, and that doesn't seem to be in the cards any time soon.

Back