InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Legolas 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel the “What’s in the Box” experience is underwhelming. However “what’s in the box” is pretty much accessories you will be adding on for display so that nothing is left in the box like so many 1/6 figure we all collect. Kind of a catch 22!! I also feel that the hair should have been sculpted as I am concerned with the longevity of the tight hair being held in place. I love both LOTR and Hobbit movies and will admit that the Thorin reveal has me more excited than Legolas. Even the Nazgûl looks bare bones. Not really sure what else could be added. I think I may pass on Legolas as the picture of him with the accessories looks underwhelming for the price we are paying.

Last edited:
I feel the “What’s in the Box” experience is underwhelming. However “what’s in the box” is pretty much accessories you will be adding on for display so that nothing is left in the box like so many 1/6 figure we all collect. Kind of a catch 22!! I also feel that the hair should have been sculpted as I am concerned with the longevity of the high hair being held in place. I love both LOTR and Hobbit movies and will admit that the Thorin reveal has me more excited than Legolas. Even the Nazgûl looks bare bones. Not really sure what else could be added. I think I may pass on Legolas as the picture of him with the accessories looks underwhelming for the price we are paying.
Agree on all points. When looking at this reveal, I am like - Five hundred bucks for THIS? But it is also a character I do not currently have in my collection and the details are clearly there

It will probably outlast you if you don’t tamper with it or put it in a swamp.
don't need to put in the swamp just style the hair many times(you will do this many times because it is necessary)
and you will see that it will come out strand by strand

don't need to put in the swamp just style the hair many times(you will do this many times because it is necessary)
and you will see that it will come out strand by strand
Why many times? you style it once then leave it alone, just like I did with my Gandalf. And even then I only wet it slightly and used a soft paint brush to flatten.

Attachments

• gandalf mine 6 tt.jpg
    gandalf mine 6 tt.jpg
    335.7 KB
That's going to happen if it's punched too. Same as if you brush your real hair.
yea but you see that is a figure not a real person and i don't think it you would like to happen that
just sculpt the rooted hair in the sculpt at this price I say it should

Why many times? you style it once then leave it alone, just like I did with my Gandalf. And even then I only wet it slightly and used a soft paint brush to flatten.

I meant in time,you really think that figure will stay the same in 10-20 years?you have it for 1 year or 2
And many people will not change the figurines when another better version will appear

Just placed my order with Kit. The figure is very expensive, but not as expensive as he'll end up after release. I can always sell him on later down the line if I'm not feeling it when i get him in hand.

Better that than regretting not pre-ordering it later on.
Actually if you look at the price Aragorn is selling for its not that much of a mark up now

I meant in time,you really think that figure will stay the same in 10-20 years?you have it for 1 year or 2
And many people will not change the figurines when another better version will appear
You lost me mate

I've also actually messaged them directly on Instagram and I STRONGLY advise others to do so!!
I've asked for extra accessories to be added that are missing for the character from FOTR,e.g the bow,and also why the cost has gone up considerably since Aragorn.
The more voices they hear,the more they'll take note.
I've also asked them to reconsider the Ranger Cloak for Aragorn that collectors have missed out on.
Done

I mean, if a $500 figure lasts 10-20 years, you've certainly already gotten your money's worth.

That was a helpful video.

So, the quiver is the one thing that looks genuinely impressive with incredible detail. Sucks that its on his back. I would literally have to pose him in profile to see the best part of the outfit.

The other interesting bit is NO MAGNETS! So InArt ditched the base magnets and raised the price in doing so. :D No more in the hands either, I suppose. So much for those who thought magnets are expensive. They apparently reduce price.

I'm not sad to see the magnets go... but I'm curious why there's nothing to 'secure' the figure now. It's just freestanding. Odd indeed... for $556.

The Nazgul still looks large to me on that horse, but its an impressive piece. If I didn't have an inferior version, I would consider it. But since the horse and rider are supposed to be dark and messed up, I think my old Asmus piece works fine. Plus, if it falls -- which it has -- its really easy to pick it up and reset it.

A single Nazgul is still on my mind... but the reality is, JazzInc Catwoman will likely steal my attention away in 16 days.

The question I have at the moment, and this is really for the folks at Inart, is... 'is the higher price going towards improving consistency and ensuring high quality on the final production figure, because sure, you're charging us more for this, but is that extra money going towards the people actually doing these on the assembly line which is going to determine what we end up with?'

It's fair to say that we don't want to get a duff one when it finally comes, particularly when it has cost us this much. If the hair and braiding is going to be more complicated, it's even more crucial that they don't allow substandard ones to get shipped out. At these prices, we're expecting close to perfection.

Back