InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Nazgul 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually kind of tempted with the deluxe. The horse itself looks great but I know the almost $500 price tag will sway me otherwise.

That said, this official site exclusive they’re trying to do now is dumb as hell. It’s a piece of accessory that 90% of your buyers won’t be able to get. What are they trying to accomplish with this. It’s not driving more traffic to them.
Well, offering an exclusive still benefits them in the licensed Countries. I don’t think 90% of their sales come from the US, I guess LOTR is pretty strong in Asia, too.

Well, offering an exclusive still benefits them in the licensed Countries.
And pisses off another section of their customer base.
I don’t think 90% of their sales come from the US, I guess LOTR is pretty strong in Asia, too.
I’d guess a majority of their orders are from international collectors through third party resellers.

Maybe offering an exclusive on Paul Atreides resulted in a big enough boost in direct sales that they thought they'd try it out on other figures. Ron and Hermione had the same international distribution availability as the Nazgul, but no store exclusive - maybe they didn't get a similar proportion of direct sales on those two, so now they're doing more to incentivise it. It makes financial sense for them to do that.

But this situation isn't even especially great for people who can access the exclusive. Being in Australia, I could theoretically get the exclusive accessory, but Inart don't have a reward points system. Sugo and Popcultcha offered very competitive pricing for Ron and Hermione, and I ended up ordering them locally instead of going direct with Inart - not only because they were a bit cheaper, but also to keep building up my RP. I'm not particularly thrilled that I might not be able to do that with their future LOTR figures if the exclusive accessories are too essential to pass on.

Maybe offering an exclusive on Paul Atreides resulted in a big enough boost in direct sales that they thought they'd try it out on other figures. Ron and Hermione had the same international distribution availability as the Nazgul, but no store exclusive - maybe they didn't get a similar proportion of direct sales on those two, so now they're doing more to incentivise it. It makes financial sense for them to do that.

But this situation isn't even especially great for people who can access the exclusive. Being in Australia, I could theoretically get the exclusive accessory, but Inart don't have a reward points system. Sugo and Popcultcha offered very competitive pricing for Ron and Hermione, and I ended up ordering them locally instead of going direct with Inart - not only because they were a bit cheaper, but also to keep building up my RP. I'm not particularly thrilled that I might not be able to do that with their future LOTR figures if the exclusive accessories are too essential to pass on.
Yeah, Paul was fine because everyone had the opportunity. This kind of exclusive is… well… exclusive… especially since it comes from a pretty iconic scene.

I don't think it should be if they know people can't get it though. I would order direct through them, but I can't.
Right. It would make sense that someone who can’t obtain the exclusive thing would be upset that it is exclusive, and the people who can obtain the exclusive thing feel extra happy because they got something that others could not get- due to its exclusivity. That is its purpose.

This does look pretty damn cool. Not sure if I’ll justify paying InArt level prices for it but really nice looking piece. I’d have to get one with the horse. I’d probably just get one.

Right. It would make sense that someone who can’t obtain the exclusive thing would be upset that it is exclusive, and the people who can obtain the exclusive thing feel extra happy because they got something that others could not get- due to its exclusivity. That is its purpose.
Yes, sure, but even if it was available to everyone there would be people that choose not to get the exclusive version directly from InArt. Same thing happens with Hot Toys. The "collector edition" will waitlist and sell out before the "exclusive edition" even though they both cost the same people for some reason elect to purchase the lesser version.

People still chose to order Paul from Kit etc. even though they were incentivised to purchase direct from InArt as it was a worldwide license.

This just sucks because they know that most of their customers don't even have the opportunity. They've already received flack over the Ranger Cloak for Aragorn and they're choosing to do it again here.

I think the sword is an easy 3D print and easier to wield than metal version. So I don't care toooooo much, but agree it is bull in general. Exclusives should be for pushing direct sales, but what can you push here? Some Aussies buying directly instead of from Kit or Popcultcha? Really not much to gain for InArt here

And pisses off another section of their customer base.
That’s for sure. Exclusives are always bad, even when you can get them. I’m still pissed I had to order Paul from IA directly to get the damn mouse.

Or I had to pay in full to get the time limited MacReady from Mondo.

Back