InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Nazgul 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it needs a lot of futzing, but yes I agree there’s room for improvement.

I just hope the horse will be the correct size. Then it is an instant preorder

When I went through a life change, I sold all of my LOTR/Weta statues to help make ends meet. I was sad to see two of them go, the Ringwraith on Steed and the Cave Troll.

The chance to get the Ringwraith on Steed into my collection has me really excited. I always loved the scene of them perched over the hobbits.

I would expect tweaks and improvements from the prototype before it goes up for pre-order.

Now let’s see Legolas!

After looking at this for a while now and knowing it’s still just a prototype I think It’s a poor effort.
Sizing is all wrong, costume not that great and a seam down the middle of the hood, figure looks awkward on the undersized steed.

Lots of room for improvement
As is the case with pretty much every InArt prototype so far. The initial showings are always a draft version. Then the next time we see it we're blown away.

This also needs to be reasonably priced. Can't be more than 250 just for a Nazgul.

As is the case with pretty much every InArt prototype so far. The initial showings are always a draft version. Then the next time we see it we're blown away.

This also needs to be reasonably priced. Can't be more than 250 just for a Nazgul.
I think people need to brace themselves for a single Nazgul being at least $300.

I think people need to brace themselves for a single Nazgul being at least $300.
It's gonna have to be really, really, REALLY good to justify a price tag like that. The recent Asmus one is good with some futzing and is half that.

The horse might be more interesting for the pricing. Especially shipping...

I agree that its going to be at least 300$ just for the figure which is a no go for me for any figure without a face and no special characteristics.

They should just create Orcs tbh... which they wont most likely.

The Horse is a statue anyway. So its totally fixed.

Legolas is expected to go up for PO around October~ish.

If thats true earliest release date for Legolas would be about June 2026...

Last edited:

Oh I know, just there is no head sculpt on this so you’d imagine the tailoring to be more on point. As I said It’s a prototype but felt rushed.

Put it this way if Asmus showed that they be slaughtered.

It will be very interesting to see where their price lands in it.
I’d be ok at 250

I like that term "draft". I think they should use it rather than "prototype" for these first efforts.

Not the Ringwraith I was expecting from InArt. The exposed head connector/disc/whatever it is, the hemmed sleeves, the oversized appearance of the Nazgul on its steed... and he's just not tattered enough, slouched enough, or creepy enough.

I got more out of the Asmus 9 years ago...

Wor-Gar Nazgul + Steed 2.jpg

Last edited:
I think InArt need to brace themselves for people not paying that.
I agree but there are people like WillFoxification who think people are going to buy 9 of these for 4-5000$+...
Well I obviously dont know the financial background of all the people in the Hobby but I would guess that would be a tiny minority who are stacked with so much money to spend on 9 Ringwraiths costing 300$ (+200-400$ for the Horse) for each figure.

The armor on the legs and hands and all the swords are diecast, so I doubt they will price it under $300.

I like that term "draft". I think they should use it rather than "prototype" for these first efforts.

Not the Ringwraith I was expecting from InArt. The exposed head connector/disc/whatever it is, the hemmed sleeves, the oversized appearance of the Nazgul on its steed... and he's just not tattered enough, slouched enough, or creepy enough.

I got more out of the Asmus 15 years ago...

View attachment 716176
I think we were/are too harsh in a few cases regarding Asmus, this one is totally cool looking imo.

Back