InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Nazgul 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that term "draft". I think they should use it rather than "prototype" for these first efforts.

Not the Ringwraith I was expecting from InArt. The exposed head connector/disc/whatever it is, the hemmed sleeves, the oversized appearance of the Nazgul on its steed... and he's just not tattered enough, slouched enough, or creepy enough.

I got more out of the Asmus 9 years ago...

View attachment 716176
Looks incredible!

Really doesn’t need to be diecast.
I have the ACI Ringwraith on the Asmus steed and the weight of the armour has left the wraith loose, sagging, and unposable and it’s 50/50 if the legs of the horse will hold up much longer.
All of the straps/harnesses have completely rotted away to dust as well.

This feels like “teacher wants to see our rough draft, cobble somethign together so we can get credit for today”

Given InArt's track record so far, I am willing to believe this is an "in-progress prototype."

Never forget...
This...
413341-1666820086302.png

To this!
View attachment 523099-DSC01236.jpg

Wow... mine is on top of my detolf right now, looks the same as my photo above from 2015, no deterioration. Yet.
Just don’t ever touch it again.
I’d expect those straps are just waiting for a strong gust of wind blow them away Thanos-snap style.

My Mouth of Sauron Steed and Samwise’s belt are in the same sorry state. .

It's always felt weird to me to have this on their list, which I suppose is another way of thinking this is a 'wasted slot'. Perhaps it would have been an easy figure to do and customers may have bought more than once. Still, this is the 'best headsculpts in the business' guys doing a figure wihout a face.

If they could get this figure released this year, I'd be impressed, but if it's going to be 2 years only to get this...? It does feel like InArt have stretched themselves too thin with too many licenses.

I just noticed that there are seams where the horse legs meet the body. Same for the neck. I wonder if there will be interchangeable legs, like the Hot Toys Dewback, which would allow you have different poses. (And some variation, if you buy more than one.)

524650-FB-IMG-1722068086653.jpg

Oh no... I still have Mouth and Steed in its box... uh-oh...
The armour on Guritz and Gothmog also just started dropping off from the pleather deteriorating to nothing. Flakes everywhere.
Been meaning to replace all the straps their crappy bodies it their top shelfers so the damage isn’t that visible.

The armour on Guritz and Gothmog also just started dropping off from the pleather deteriorating to nothing. Flakes everywhere.
Been meaning to replace all the straps their crappy bodies it their top shelfers so the damage isn’t that visible.

You seem to be surrounded by crumbling dolls, disintegrating back to the dust from which they came. Ashes to ashes.

You are the Doll Killer.

Thats interesting, I have Gothmog for over 10 years now and still in pristine condition, nothing deteriorating. Maybe at most I touched it 10-20 times during these 10 years.

Back