Indiana Jones Temple of Doom Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Indian Jones was the first PF - or at least the paint job on some of them.

:panic:

After seeing the promotional video, I think this is the premium format with best Harrison Ford as Indy likeness:thud:

hmmmm, just viewed the backstage pass video.

i really really hope the paint app on the final production version is better than what they've shown here.

DoomPF-face1.jpg

DoomPF-face2.jpg

to be honest, i'm a little disappointed in the depicted paint app. there is an obvious lack of finer detail in the eyes, the eyebrows, and the skin toning/shading. and the stubble is just too light. it's almost as if this is an unfinished paint job. trevor's sculpt is brilliant and probably his best of ford thus far. it would be a shame if the paint diminishes his work. come on sideshow, don't let us down. this could be the ultimate indy pf!

btw, here's a shot with the mola ram pf. they look totally wicked side-by-side! :rock

DoomPF-duo.jpg

Likeness still looks off to me, maybe you guys are right and it is the paint app and not the sculpt, then I would love to see a good paint app on this to bring it out.

Surely that isn't the paint app Small Studios did? I know he mentioned they lightened the stubble but that looks nothing like his work.

No. They changed it. But why would they commission Small Studios to paint their prototype, only to re-do it (and get rid of the stubble at that)??? In no universe does that make any sense.

Looks like SS couldnt care less about the collector/fan feedback about this piece, im pretty sure they are aware by now of all the pleads and requests for a whip.
I doubt they will be making ANY effort to include a switch out 'left hand' holding whip to get rid of that god awful sankara stone by the look of this video.
I really dont understand why SS cant make some kind of poll to get customer feedback about what kind of poses/accessories/exclusives we would all like to see before revealing protypes of these statues, it would definately save a lot of criticism and might even increase their sales, and dont get me started on all the art prints as EX's...
The statue looks great overall, but that left hand loses huge points with me. :(

Problem is they made the stone removable but failed to provide any other option for the hand. THen why does it need to be removable?

Without it, he looks like hes giving a tug job to the guy behind him.

I'm really torn about this piece. I love ToD and an PF ToD Indy was always on my wants list, and now that it's here, I don't know if I'll buy it. It's a nice piece, but it really just doesn't pop. I think it's just too busy. Sideshow is trying to cram every accessory Indy has in one piece, plus you got the really busy base just so he and Mola can match.

Mola excels over this piece in execution and delivery in every way. This one is just....average.

This is a case where simplicity would have been best.

I really dont understand why SS cant make some kind of poll to get customer feedback about what kind of poses/accessories/exclusives we would all like to see before revealing protypes of these statues, it would definately save a lot of criticism and might even increase their sales

Here's the thing: Most on Sideshow's Creative Team consider themselves artists first and foremost... so naturally they know best and what they decide is what works (for them). Sometimes the feedback does have an impact, but it's pretty rare. So it's apparent that they have no interest in any preliminary feedback groups (though I agree with you that would actually be a good thing for some products).

This also explains why things like "the doll dot" are still an issue with some of their products.

I'm not saying they're right or wrong in this approach (this is, afterall, their livelihood) but it is oft times frustrating for me as a fan of these characters. I don't always want to spend hundreds of dollars on someones "interpretation" of a character... I want the iconic, canonical vision of that character represented in the product as accurately as possible. But this is sometimes at odds with Sideshow's methodology.

Nice! Is that an international poster? Where did you get it?

I have the Dave Dorman litho of the same Indy pose.

Thanks and yes, its the Australian TOD one sheet, I believe. I've always like the vintage look of it. Replicas pop up on ebay from time to time. I got mine for $14 shipped.

Thanks and yes, its the Australian TOD one sheet, I believe. I've always like the vintage look of it. Replicas pop up on ebay from time to time. I got mine for $14 shipped.

Thanks! Yeah, there are a number of international posters I'd love to get my hands on. I just love the artwork. There is a British Raiders poster floating around depicting Indy without his jacket and fedora that I'd love to add to the collection.

Surely that isn't the paint app Small Studios did? I know he mentioned they lightened the stubble but that looks nothing like his work.

That is completely NOT what i sent them. Every time i see the TOD Indy it makes me cringe. I posted a Raiders PF last week and that is more along the lines as to what i sent them. Whoever repainted that needs to be fired. :slap

Back