Indiana Jones Temple of Doom Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told that they would not be able to duplicate it. :cuckoo:

That was my assumption all along :exactly: I just don't understand why they hired you if they wanted a representation of mediocre factory paint apps. :dunno

Also, Indy's pants look gray in that photo.

This to me is a joke honesty. The overall paint job looks muddy. The facial hair lookes like smeared dirt and the skin tones well there isnt much going on in that department. I wish i would have taken better pictures of the proto i sent back to them. I actually went as far as to put the coloring in the veins in his arm. The skin tone i painted gave him more of a tan sun burnt look in cetain areas. I was told that they would not be able to duplicate it. :cuckoo:

Well okay then. :lol I think the SDCC Indy paint looks pretty sweet, but if it bothers you that much I'd be happy to send you mine when it arrives for a touch up (or should I say overhaul). :duff

That was my assumption all along :exactly: I just don't understand why they hired you if they wanted a representation of mediocre factory paint apps :dunno

The world may never know that and how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop.

This to me is a joke honesty. The overall paint job looks muddy. The facial hair lookes like smeared dirt and the skin tones well there isnt much going on in that department. I wish i would have taken better pictures of the proto i sent back to them. I actually went as far as to put the coloring in the veins in his arm. The skin tone i painted gave him more of a tan sun burnt look in cetain areas. I was told that they would not be able to duplicate it. :cuckoo:

Sorry to hear that Josh. I actually did notice that the figure did not have all those great variations in the skin tone that you expertly paint. But this new pic does look a bit better than the bland paint apps in the promo pics we've been seeing.

I'm sure we'll get to see your excellent paint job on this figure yet, once people start sending it to you!

If they'd only fix his left hand and give Indy the whip instead of the Sankara grenade it would be a home run. :whip

no doubt your version is far superior.

having said that, i'm actually pleased to see the pic where the paint app looks far, far better than the bsp video. if they can deliver the bare minimum of this quality, i'll be satisfied. nothing less.

Yes, that guy knows how to do it, put all the statues on film :yess:
-- -- --

Imo it is a shame they decided to put boring grey pants on this Indy instead of the somewhat 'greenish wwII armypants look' of the first promo.

I'm very glad that the machette is the right size it looks great!

Btw; Anyone noticed that the weight of this Indy (7 lbs) is only half of that of the other two Indy PF's (both 15 lbs) and even Mola (14 lbs). That seems quite a big difference and is even less than most comiquettes (10 lbs). It must be extremely hollow, any thoughts?

(I also asked this on sideshow Q&A, but they are far behind with answering due to SDCC)

Yes, that guy knows how to do it, put all the statues on film :yess:
-- -- --

Imo it is a shame they decided to put boring grey pants on this Indy instead of the somewhat 'greenish wwII armypants look' of the first promo.

I'm very glad that the machette is the right size it looks great!

Btw; Anyone noticed that the weight of this Indy (7 lbs) is only half of that of the other two Indy PF's (both 15 lbs) and even Mola (14 lbs). That seems quite a big difference and is even less than most comiquettes (10 lbs). It must be extremely hollow, any thoughts?

(I also asked this on sideshow Q&A, but they are far behind with answering due to SDCC)

Their stats usually never accurate right away. Mola Ram for a while was 7lbs until I emailed them about it and they updated. I wouldn't trust them.

just canceled my excl... don't need the monkey brains, or to pay sideshow prices for the piece. i think he'll end up being cheaper once he's out.

Their stats usually never accurate right away. Mola Ram for a while was 7lbs until I emailed them about it and they updated. I wouldn't trust them.

Oh.. I didn't know they had Mola on 7lbs in the beginning also, good to know thanks. Yes, sometimes your eye notice something and you think.. What?!!!

-- -- --

just canceled my excl... don't need the monkey brains, or to pay sideshow prices for the piece. i think he'll end up being cheaper once he's out.

I hope you're right, bcs this piece has gotten a pretty price boost in our local shops at the moment. Regular version was 280 euros and now it is 270 at lowest (about 348usd without shipping). More expensive than the popular RotLA Indy.

Last edited:
The paint apps dont really bother me at the moment as i know SS usually does a good job upon release, but is there ANY news on the left hand? Are they going to revise it to include a switch out hand w/whip? Surely they have taken notice of all the people asking by now right?
Anyone any ideas?

He will be available at Gohastings for half the price in less than a year.

I just received an email from Sideshow, indicating that the final flexpayment for this PF won't be charged until January 5, 2011, to better coincide with the anticipated release of the piece.

That's two PFs now delayed until the new year - TOD Indy and the Morgul Lord. Let's hope the delays are due to quality control.

that sucks, i was looking forward to tod indy. sideshow needs to kickstart this licence!!!

Back