Indiana Jones Temple of Doom Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is completely NOT what i sent them. Every time i see the TOD Indy it makes me cringe. I posted a Raiders PF last week and that is more along the lines as to what i sent them. Whoever repainted that needs to be fired. :slap

I'm pretty sure it's a case of Sideshow looking at your work, imagining the actual product and thinking, "Hmmm, that may be grounds for a lawsuit."

Problem is they made the stone removable but failed to provide any other option for the hand. THen why does it need to be removable?

Without it, he looks like hes giving a tug job to the guy behind him.

So you could replace it with one of the other stones. I agree though it is pretty stupid unless there is something other than a stone you can put there.

That is completely NOT what i sent them. Every time i see the TOD Indy it makes me cringe. I posted a Raiders PF last week and that is more along the lines as to what i sent them. Whoever repainted that needs to be fired. :slap

i'm just curious. if enough of us on this forum make enough of a fuss over the paintwork, will sideshow change it back to what small studios did (or at least close to it)?

companies like hot toys do listen to their fans on forums. i'm hoping ss will too. at this point, i'm not even asking for a switch-out left hand with the whip. i just want a good paint app for indy's face. if they can't even deliver on that most basic thing, then they should be ashamed of themselves.

Wow, I would love to see pics of that paint job at least to see what a good paint app could bring out of this sculpt.

Wow, great proto at SDCC! Josh is that your original painted sample?

sdcc2010_sideshow_miscbig_3.jpg

The production figure had better look just like that or I will cancel. :lecture

That is a great paint job, but there's no way it's Josh's, still doesn't touch his level of quality.

Wow, great proto at SDCC! Josh is that your original painted sample?

sdcc2010_sideshow_miscbig_3.jpg

This to me is a joke honesty. The overall paint job looks muddy. The facial hair lookes like smeared dirt and the skin tones well there isnt much going on in that department. I wish i would have taken better pictures of the proto i sent back to them. I actually went as far as to put the coloring in the veins in his arm. The skin tone i painted gave him more of a tan sun burnt look in cetain areas. I was told that they would not be able to duplicate it. :cuckoo:

ill be very happy if thats what pops through my letterbox. and a dirty shirt!( unless thats due to the lighting) a custom whip and job done!

Back