IRON MAN 2 Mk VI Maquette photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's one batch it's exactly as I've been saying all along.

From the looks of some of these it seems it happened on Sideshows' "bring your kid to work" day. :slap

Attachments

• Jaws gif for JAWS on SSF (1).jpg
    Jaws gif for JAWS on SSF (1).jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 5
Here's a small review I did on Iron Man!

Packaging: 10/10

The packaging was designed to protect and deliver Iron Man safely to your collection and that’s exactly what it did. Nothing to crazy on the artwork on Sideshow’s box other than the Iron Man 2 Movie Graphics and imagery of the Maquette. While it’s nothing mind blowing it does the job well and that’s all you can ask for!

Sculpt: 10/10

Legacy and Sideshow did an AMAZING job on Iron Man’s Sculpt. With one arm out reached and the other repulser ready to fire along with the lighted arc and eyes makes it a thing of beauty. From every detail in the armor to the base and the battle damaged drone it’s masterfully done!

The only thing of concern so far has been the paint detail on the chin. This is either a sanding issue or a paint issue it may be too early to tell in the production. This area of the chin is connected to the shoulder of Iron Man and could have been very hard to cover for a perfect airbrush. Other than this detail the sculpt on the Maquette is epic.

Paint: 8.5/10

The paint job on my Iron Man is perfect. It has clean crisp details and the battle damage looks great! The hot rod red looks great with the gold and silver! I really can’t find an area of bad paint on my sample other than small brush details on the chin, which I discussed earlier.

The reason why I gave an 8.5/10 is because some of the samples I have seen on various forums that are examples of bad detailing and have real bad chin issues.

Accessories: 10/10

While he doesn’t have an actual accessory the dead drone body on the bottom of the base is beautiful and really makes this piece jump right off the movie screen into your display case!

Lighting: 10/10

The lighting which uses LEDs to light up the Eyes, Hand Repulsers, and Arc Heart really finish the maquette and turns it into a statue into a piece of art!

It’s powered by 3 batteries and also comes with an A/C adaptor.

Value: 9/10

For the price of a little over $500 I would want my Iron Man to be perfect and while I do consider my piece to be perfect I have seen pieces that I would return right now. Because of this high price tag and the edition size to be 2,800 (2,000 regular and 800 exclusive) I would expect that every piece would be perfect so I caution you to be careful dropping the cash if you don’t want to take the risk!

Over All: 9.5/10

If you want a beautiful representation of Iron Man than this piece is for you! With the huge commanding size and presence of this piece it makes for a truly beautiful collectible!

Nice review. I can't agree on your paint score though. Even the good photos I've seen of the chin section show it up as substandard at best. The bad ones are a total disaster especially at a price point of $500.

I think the paint job is perfect other than the fact that either it's the sculpt on the chin's fault or a painting issue. While the chin on mine is excellent and you can't tell unless you photograph is I think it deserves an 8.5 while I would rate my piece a 9. Maybe I'm being to generous? I am in love so you never know!:monkey3

Why SideShows official pictures doesn't show the "battle damage chest" and the bad brush strokes in the jaw area ? That's the one we should be getting.

I've got minor chin issues too. Seems everyone has chin issues. This is really bad. They should never have let these go out this way.

Also, when I got it, at first I thought it was damaged cause I saw silvery areas here and there. I finally decided it was "battle damage" which apparently everyone has confirmed is what it is. They should have let us know before we bought the thing that it was battle damaged.

Bad all the way around from Sideshow. They are really messing up alot lately.

Last edited:
This one is before battle. The one Sideshow sends us is the after battled, thats why it is not as perfect as this one.

So he strikes the same pose before and then after the battle and why's he doing that anyways? They both should be during the battle : P

Like I said I'm glad they added the battle damage. It really adds to it I think since this is from the last sequence of the film.

I'm really surprised that anybody could think the prototype that Sideshow offered didn't show battle damage. It was covered in silver chips, scrapes and scratches and was obviously intended to show the effects of being in combat.

However, I remember remarking at the time that Sideshow should have drawn people's attention to that fact in their write-up of the piece, and that not doing so would inevitably lead to some unpleasant surprises.

On the other hand, I get the feeling that some people are ordering Sideshow's products without downloading and examining hi-res pics first, which I find is essential to fully understand what you're getting. Sure the prototype is often superior, but at the same time if any deficiencies show up on the proto, they're almost certain to be worse on the production version. With this Iron Man, most of the issues people are unhappy about (rough chin, battle damage, sloppy black lines) show up clearly on the hi-res pics where they're not obvious on the smaller, low res versions on the site.

I blame Sideshow for not advertising the product accurately enough in this instance, but I'd advise anybody considering the purchase of an expensive piece to check out hi-res pics first to make sure it's really what they're hoping for.

Back