IRON MAN 2 Mk VI Maquette photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So there was no Battle Damage on the proto? Its something added after the fact. I actually like that it has it since its from a battle scene at the end of the film. He might have had a few scuff marks if you remember the sequence.

I think that has to be one of the worst accusations I've ever seen on this board. I realize some of you got bad pieces but to toss out garbage accusations like this to make yourself feel better is sad.

Would you actually be willing to make this same said comment to them at SDCC to their face? Of course not. You can do it here behind your keyboard with the strength that gives you while you tell them how much you love them at the Con.

Calm down Josh. I wasn't being 100% serious. Sarcasm is often poorly translated online.

Like I said I understand folks being upset that something that cost any amount let alone $500 is messed up. Anyone using there head for 5 seconds should realize a business would not want this to happen. It costs them money with having to do all these replacements and pisses their customers off.

I have to think there is no way SS is loving any of this.

I actually like yours if it wasn't for the black at the edge of the gold. Its really pretty decent other than that.

Are you mad? :cuckoo: The chip makes it look like he has a single nostril hole and the red showing through on the chin looks like a birth mark or something.... Are you saying you wouldn't want it replaced then?

IMc.jpg

The thing is these problems are on the "face" of the statue. The one place that your eyes are naturally drawn to, I can forgive small problems elsewhere but it's just to noticeable there.

Are you an ass? :dunno I was looking at the chin as I thought the black lines where what you wanted us to look at. I don't really see red popping through. The light in your pics kind of sucks so its hard to tell if its just the light or if there is read coming through. I didn't notice the chip in the face cause I was looking chin as I said.

Are you mad? :cuckoo: The chip makes it look like he has a single nostril hole and the red showing through on the chin looks like a birth mark or something.... Are you saying you wouldn't want it replaced then?

IMc.jpg

The thing is these problems are on the "face" of the statue. The one place that your eyes are naturally drawn to, I can forgive small problems elsewhere but it's just to noticeable there.

That's bad!

The issues with this statue is getting worse!
SS have dropped the ball on there QC with this statue!

Sorry to see! i would return it to SS.

Are you an ass? :dunno I was looking at the chin as I thought the black lines where what you wanted us to look at. I don't really see red popping through. The light in your pics kind of sucks so its hard to tell if its just the light or if there is read coming through. I didn't notice the chip in the face cause I was looking chin as I said.

Woah! easy there fella, I wasn't having a pop at you, no need to get all tetchy. :panic: Yes the light sucks but I think it's good enough to see the problems.

If you're unhappy about it send it back. Thats the best thing to do.

Attachments

• Jaws for SSF.jpg
    Jaws for SSF.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 4
Dug, I can see the problems you have pointed out in your pictures. I think it's enough to warrant a replacement as there are some obvious problems showing.

I'll repeat this again as well. There are scuff marks showing in pictures of the proto. Battle damage? Possibly. Weathering? More likely.

I received my camera back today and I am posting some pics of the problems I am having with this Maquette...

The chin has some brush strokes on the right side
picture.php

There is a spot on top of the helmet (left side near the faceplate) that looks like extra clue or something
picture.php

There is another spot on the right forearm that has a lighter shade of red on it, but the pic didn't come out to well.

The pics are not great, but I think you will not have any trouble finding these areas.

I received my camera back today and I am posting some pics of the problems I am having with this Maquette...

The chin has some brush strokes on the right side

There is a spot on top of the helmet (left side near the faceplate) that looks like extra clue or something

There is another spot on the right forearm that has a lighter shade of red on it, but the pic didn't come out to well.

The pics are not great, but I think you will not have any trouble finding these areas.

The brush strokes are the norm but that spot on the top of the head definitely isn't. Are you able to get it to come off? If not, a replacement is something you should consider.

I can not get the spot off. It looks and feels like they just ran clear coat on top of it. I contact SC for a replacement on Friday just an hour after receiving this, but they told me they would contact me back in 4 to 5 business days to see if I will be able to get one if an EX is available. I will keep my fingers crossed.

I plan on calling them tomorrow to follow up on the replacement process. I was thinking of the same thing on seeing if they would inspect it before shipping out a new one (if available).

If I find out any info about that I will post on here.

Does anyone know the contact e-mail for the SS processing center? I received an RMA e-mail and replied to the SS representative, but I realized she instructed to contact their processing department for any further questions.

I just want to see if they can check the product before it ships. Thanks.

Oh my !!! SideShow better start making some more of these just to cover the replacements.:lol

It looks like the "Ask Sideshow" section of their website is updated at the begining of every month so I will be interested in seeing if any of this is addressed there in the next few days. Still wondering what they are gonna do with all the returns. Repaint them here in the US and sell to those on the WL?

I saw one of these at my LCS today & gave it a close inspection. The mouth was straight & the chin was clean with no sloppy brush strokes.

Looks to me that a batch went out with the upper chin area painted red incorrectly & they tried to fix it by brushing on the gold paint on top of the error. Still doesn't explain some of the terrible black line work though.

I really feel for those who got bum pieces. These are expensive statues & for SS to pass them off as QC approved is criminal.

I saw one of these at my LCS today & gave it a close inspection. The mouth was straight & the chin was clean with no sloppy brush strokes.

Looks to me that a batch went out with the upper chin area painted red incorrectly & they tried to fix it by brushing on the gold paint on top of the error. Still doesn't explain some of the terrible black line work though.

I really feel for those who got bum pieces. These are expensive statues & for SS to pass them off as QC approved is criminal.

if it's just one batch then the problem isn't too grave.

there is hope yet :D

Back