Iron Man Mark VI Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would prefer that to a lame-o print. This trend with exclusives is a mixed blessing for me, though, since I can (and do) order elsewhere for less when there is no real reason to go with the Ex. directly from Sideshow.

I like the prints :monkey3

more posts about replacements than posts with pictures, yikes! For $500, there aren't too many posts in this thread that report satisfied customers :panic:.

I'm a satisfied customer. :wave

Got home this evening and opened him up after dinner, and I am very happy with him. Chin looks great, and no other 'battle damage' other than the stuff that's meant to be there. :yess:

As a UK customer, I am VERY relieved. Now I have no idea if it's 1st batch, 2nd batch, or whatever, but I am so glad I got a good one.

My camera's broken at the moment, but i'll try and get hold of my dad's camera ASAP, this thread needs more pics! :lol

more posts about replacements than posts with pictures, yikes! For $500, there aren't too many posts in this thread that report satisfied customers :panic:.

it's not joke, I want to order this but at the same time with people feeding SSC all these replacements, you're bound to get a replacement from someone's order.

This is NOT good. :monkey1

how long did it take ss to send you a replacement? i'm still waiting for my hulk comi to come in.

Sorry man let me clarify, this is going to be my first replacement. I'm not too worried though. If I dont get a good one I get my money back and onto the next statue. It's a win win.

it's not joke, I want to order this but at the same time with people feeding SSC all these replacements, you're bound to get a replacement from someone's order.

This is NOT good. :monkey1

My thinking is like Hulk, Cap, and Wolverine, there will always be another one in the pipeline. I could live without this one. By this time next year, we could even have more Iron Man statues out there to choose from which may even prove to be superior to the Legacy. I am so not in any hurry to blow $500 on something this potentially unsatisfying.

Over the years, many of us blew lots of money on Bowen schlock because we couldn't imagine more statues of the same character being produced (goodness knows why). We were remarkably impatient and shortsighted and Bowen profitted immencely from that. I actually envy new collectors who have tons of options to choose from. Meanwhile, some of us older collectors have a basement full of Bowen crap which can't sell for 20% retail.

My suggestion: wait for your piece. Let producers earn the money.

My thinking is like Hulk, Cap, and Wolverine, there will always be another one in the pipeline. I could live without this one. By this time next year, we could even have more Iron Man statues out there to choose from which may even prove to be superior to the Legacy. I am so not in any hurry to blow $500 on something this potentially unsatisfying.

Over the years, many of us blew lots of money on Bowen schlock because we couldn't imagine more statues of the same character being produced (goodness knows why). We were remarkably impatient and shortsighted and Bowen profitted immencely from that. I actually envy new collectors who have tons of options to choose from. Meanwhile, some of us older collectors have a basement full of Bowen crap which can't sell for 20% retail. My suggestion: wait for your piece. Let producers earn the money.

Sad truth is, few years from now after SS and others have made various versions of our statues, we still may only be able to get 20% :gah:

Sad truth is, few years from now after SS and others have made various versions of our statues, we still may only be able to get 20% :gah:

If we look at the market behavior of SS products historically, SS maintains its value far better than Bowen. In fact, it's reached (and continues to reach) secondary market numbers Bowen could only dream of. Also, fans today are way better shoppers than they were back in the day when Bowen ruled the roost. BD now has to prove itself with every product just like everyone else out there vying for our hobby dollar. Has BD really tried all that hard to compete with Sideshow? Is it even able to?

As long SS continues to produce (arguably, imo) the best product out there, its product is safe from the dismal woes plaguing Bowen.

P.S. Interestingly, when we get into these sorts of debates about Bowen on other forums, it often turns out that those loudest in favor of Bowen don't even buy the product themselves. In fact, in some instances, even I bought more BD product than they did. In essence, I support BD more than those who spend half the day kissing BD's derriere.

Last edited:
This is what I waited three months for?!?!?

My first one had a chip on a finger.

Note scratches on the face, the red under the mouth has black all over it, very sloppy, the hole statue is very sloppy. There is dust all over it, in all the cracks, would need a major cleaning.

It's going back for a replacement. We'll do this all day long sideshow, are you listening ???

IronmanSpiderman005.jpg
[/IMG]

sorry to be a bit off topic, but in regards to bowen prices being unable to maintain their value...the exact same thing will happen to SS soon enough...when the "next company" produces newer, better versions of these characters.

case in point, attakus - most of their star wars statues are unbelievably amazing, but with SS now producing larger and arguably better statues, attakus pieces have plummeted in value.

The same thing happened when Master Replicas took over ICONS, and will happen to MR as EFX produces newer pieces.

in the end, buy what you like for a price you think is fair.

sorry to be a bit off topic, but in regards to bowen prices being unable to maintain their value...the exact same thing will happen to SS soon enough...when the "next company" produces newer, better versions of these characters.

The difference is we're generally better shoppers now. As a result of that, companies are far less likely to take the fanbase for granted (as much). If we don't like the latest Hulk, we'll simply wait for the next one to come along. Also, we're very much aware that prices eventually do come down and stabilize so we're not as likely to spend 5 times retail on something as some have in the past (and still do). In the back of our minds, we also suspect another (potentially better) revisit may be in the pipeline.

Competition is great for the industry. I look forward to seeing who will try to take Sideshow's place as the best in the biz. I also look forward to seeing how Sideshow will respond. Hopefully, it won't wither away and become all but irrelevent like Bowen.

P.S. I look forward to buying the Hulk and Cap PF at retail. However, I don't see this happening any time soon.

Last edited:
My 2nd batch of IM arrived today, chin is good but... damn it.. light on the left hand not working!!:slap

Already email to SS, need to wait till next week to get a reply cos of Christmas holiday...

Not an enjoyable Christmas for me... :monkey2

Last edited:
Back