Iron Man Mark VI Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda strange that there aren't nicer pieces. :(

That's one person's opinion. And, that's fine.

I've been buying statues since 1994. My first pieces were produced by DC Direct. Believe when I say that pieces coming out today are way nicer than the pieces which came out then. Even more recently, compare the Bowen Carnage with the Sideshow Carnage. They're leagues apart. In general, the hobby has evolved immencely.

The Spiderman comiquette, the Black Panther PF, the Alien Warrior maquette, the Galactus LSB, the Darth Vader 1:1 bust... These pieces (and others) are phenomenal. Is there product out there that's much nicer than these from a craftsmanship perspective?

My 2nd batch of IM, chin is good but... damn it.. light on the left hand not working!!:slap

Already email to SS, need to wait till next week to get a reply cos of Christmas holiday...

Not an enjoyable Christmas for me... :monkey2

Sorry to hear that...
Darn, I really thought these pieces were inspected.
If so, malfunctions like these would not be missed.

My 2nd batch of IM, chin is good but... damn it.. light on the left hand not working!!:slap

Already email to SS, need to wait till next week to get a reply cos of Christmas holiday...

Not an enjoyable Christmas for me... :monkey2

Oh bummer !!! I Believe SideShow didn't do anything,just held the pieces at the warehouse for 3 months,just to look like they were being repaired or something.:slap

Sorry to hear that...
Darn, I really thought these pieces were inspected.
If so, malfunctions like these would not be missed.
Yup, not sure whether SS workshop in China do a 100% QC or just a random QC.. Hai...

QC stickers is just a novelty for SideShow.
Well, I guess so... The frustrated thing is that I've pay for twice the shipping price and taxes.. And the fault isn't mine!!!

That's one person's opinion. And, that's fine.

I've been buying statues since 1994. My first pieces were produced by DC Direct. Believe when I say that pieces coming out today are way nicer than the pieces which came out then. Even more recently, compare the Bowen Carnage with the Sideshow Carnage. They're leagues apart. In general, the hobby has evolved immencely.

The Spiderman comiquette, the Black Panther PF, the Alien Warrior maquette, the Galactus LSB, the Darth Vader 1:1 bust... These pieces (and others) are phenomenal. Is there product out there that's much nicer than these from a craftsmanship perspective?

2z7k7lf.jpg

Pics of my Mark VI Maquette

I will be keeping this one. :)

MarkVIMaquette1.jpg

MarkVIMaquette2.jpg

Photos are not the best. First one is without flash and the second one is with flash. Need a new camera. Hopefully I will be getting a new one for Christmas. :pray:

This must be he most micro inspected piece in sometime. I'm afraid to look at mine incase I see something wrong.

This must be he most micro inspected piece in sometime. I'm afraid to look at mine incase I see something wrong.

In low light I couldn't tell it was there until I turned on the overhead light. Then it is noticable even from a distance.

I know SSC will make this right. They have great customer service, so I am not worried.

Last edited:

In all fairness, we've seen better paint jobs on items half the price. These are legitimate gripes. I'm totally behind the idea of letting Sideshow know when you're not happy. That way, Sideshow will know what's coming the next time a statue ships with those sorts of paint flaws. If fans don't speak out, they send the message that they're okay with things.

We've seen what happens to other companies when it starts believing all the kissassery.

Last edited:
Well hopefully get their act together with this factory. It also appears that some employees of one of those factories is producing additional castings out the back door. Unless SS have one of their own personal over there keeping an eye out this will continue.

In all fairness, we've seen better paint jobs on items half the price. These are legitimate gripes. I'm totally behind the idea of letting Sideshow know when you're not happy. That way, Sideshow will know what's coming the next time a statue ships with those sorts of paint fla
ws. If fans don't speak out, they send the message that they're okay with things.

We've seen what happens to other companies when it starts believing all the kissassery.

Back