Iron Man Mark VI Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kim_coop.gif

I think I'd going to have to pass on this one completely. It's just not worth the headache or heartache, especially at this pricepoint. I expect this nonsense from Bowen but not from Sideshow. Thankfully, Iron man is a popular enough character so I rest assured that another statue is already being sculpted and will be released soon.

I think I'd going to have to pass on this one completely. It's just not worth the headache or heartache, especially at this pricepoint. I expect this nonsense from Bowen but not from Sideshow. Thankfully, Iron man is a popular enough character so I rest assured that another statue is already being sculpted and will be released soon.

totally agree.merry christmas!!

Okay, heres my situation. Few weeks ago I bought one of these from a SS distributor. The statue I recieved had a small hole in the base and the lights didn't work with batteries. The seller was great took it back for a refund.

About this same time Sideshows website showed the exclusive statue IN STOCK. So I thought..GREAT! Direct from SS should be better...

I got the statue and its a pretty decent one overall. There is about a 3/4" piece of string or lint or something on the chest that has been painted over and won't come off of course. All in all, NTB.

What is bothering me most though is it was clearly a returned statue. I can see where UPS or FEDEX cut the old shipping label off the box and put the new one over it. Also, the statue had a fair bit of dust on it.

Doesn't that seem a bit crazy to you guys since it was ordered as new off of SS's website? This wasn't a replacement of another statue. If I had been a NEW customer and got this I think I would have been surprised / annoyed. I'm not all that surprised in this case because I know what kind of issues this statue has had and the only reason it was back in stock was because of all the RETURNS. It still bothers me that they would sell it on the website no differently then when it first came out.

Anyway, what do you all think?

Like the poster above I'm very close to just saying bag this statue and canceling the preorder I have on Warmachine at a store online. Problem with canceling that is I likely will be charged a 15% restocking fee. I certainly don't want Warmachine without IM.

What can I say?

I don't think I'm the pickiest guy out there (far from it) but the first return, the LED in the eyes didn't light up and this time, there was a pretty big paint chip off his right knee.

What's a guy to do

I'm still waiting for Sideshow's reply but I'm starting to worry if I'll ever get a good one because I'm likely just to get another return with issues.

The ONLY reason I'm still trying is because I'd eventually like a line up with all the suits in 1/4 scale lined up and I think the Mark VI will look fantastic next to War Machine.

Very nervous, but giving it one more chance. If still fail, then I'm returning it for refund and canceling War Machine.

Sad . . .

Dennis

Okay, heres my situation. Few weeks ago I bought one of these from a SS distributor. The statue I recieved had a small hole in the base and the lights didn't work with batteries. The seller was great took it back for a refund.

About this same time Sideshows website showed the exclusive statue IN STOCK. So I thought..GREAT! Direct from SS should be better...

I got the statue and its a pretty decent one overall. There is about a 3/4" piece of string or lint or something on the chest that has been painted over and won't come off of course. All in all, NTB.

What is bothering me most though is it was clearly a returned statue. I can see where UPS or FEDEX cut the old shipping label off the box and put the new one over it. Also, the statue had a fair bit of dust on it.

Doesn't that seem a bit crazy to you guys since it was ordered as new off of SS's website? This wasn't a replacement of another statue. If I had been a NEW customer and got this I think I would have been surprised / annoyed. I'm not all that surprised in this case because I know what kind of issues this statue has had and the only reason it was back in stock was because of all the RETURNS. It still bothers me that they would sell it on the website no differently then when it first came out.

Like the poster above I'm very close to just saying bag this statue and canceling the preorder I have on Warmachine at a store online. Problem with canceling that is I likely will be charged a 15% restocking fee. I certainly don't want Warmachine without IM.

I don't blame you for being upset about getting a returned statue. I would request a brand new minty fresh Iron Man MK VI!:lecture

doesn't surprise me at all.:monkey1

I think ss do that to us now! I got the one with paint flaw and hole on the hand, a return statues from another member here with same edition #!! I am mad as hell!!

wtf :gah::gah:

Anyone see the guy is SF that has made $1,000,000 sueing spamers in his email in small claims court???? Only way to wake up SS is to sue them in small claims court. Promise you if it went to that level the "Quality Control" stickers that they just put on the seals will mean something.

Well I have made my decision, you are NOT getting my money SS.

____ this, seriously!!!!

Haha!! I know, to all the friends here, we should all complain to ss in one time, let them know how mad we are!!

I guess the question I have now is what should SS have done? These statues aren't like a lot of other products we typically buy at Wal-Mart. If the statues had problems and people opened them, saw the flaw and returned them, are they considered "used"? My story wasn't to get people upset but just to see what the common thinking is. If SS gets a statue back, fixes the flaw, and then sells it again at full price do we as consumers take issue with that? Should they sell it as "refurbished"? Or do we expect them to destroy it and make us a completely new one?

You pay for something new, its should be just that, it's that simple.

You want to sell something used, then sell it to me for $350 and tell me before hand, don't try and slip that under the radar. :lecture

^^^ ALL directly from SSC of course.

Back