Iron Man Mark VI Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've decided to stop collecting SS crap. After my prime maquette gets here (then returned due to more QC issues)..im done. I've just returned my jack sparrow PF and Alien warrior maquette (total piece of junk). I've had to return almost every piece SS has ever sent me. 2011 the garbage will stop...I've cancelled all other PO's. Im just so tired of the return process. I just want for once to just open a package and place the statue on my shelf. But no, I have to open a package with one hand, while I have SS on the phone in the other. Their QC has gotten so bad that its litterally a crap shoot to weather you will get what you paid for or not. Not only that, I now have to fight with customs to get my money back from them to. Thanks SS its been a pleasure!

To anyone planning on getting into the hobby of collecting SS's statues...SAVE YOUR MONEY! Your better off collecting stamps.

Chris

I am sorry to hear that chris :monkey2. Though you must be unlucky, every item I have got has been fine :huh

Thanks man, but it has to be done. I got lots of other hobbies to occupy my time.

Sounds like you had a bad 2011! Why did you have to return Jack and the Alien?

The white part of Jack sparrow's eyes are painted brown :gah:

Alien Warrior has a chip right in the middle of his forehead. The slimy tendon thing on the side of his face is not glued in properly and is sticking out from the side of his face. It isnt even painted to blend in with the color of the rest of the head...it looks horrible. The overall finish of the alien is pretty dull color. Not really shinny or "slimy" looking at all. Definitely not worth the $800 asking price, more like $200-$300 max. I also have a feeling it was someone elses return. When I openend it, the base and alien itself were covered in dust.

Chris

I'm interested in what Sideshow had to say regarding all that has happened to you Chris? What kind of explanation did they offer you?

I'm interested in what Sideshow had to say regarding all that has happened to you Chris? What kind of explanation did they offer you?

Nothing, when I talk to them on the phone they dont seem a bit concerned and immediately jump to..."we'll give you a refund". Other than that nothing else is offered or done. Which is a bit disheartening being that I've spent over 11k with them since 2008.

Chris

Chris

I am on the same boat you are. I am expecting Spidey comiquette this afternoon and if it also comes defective I am just gonna quit on Sideshow.
It has become a pain in the butt going through this process on every freaking statue!
I also mentioned to them that just this year alone I spent over $5000 on their product just in 2010 and I did not like the way they are dealing with QC(if you can call it that way as there is no quality on it).
We are so used to be satisfied with and just an OK piece while we should be getting a perfect piece. That is sad!

The way I see it, you shouldn't have to be a lucky person to get a good statue. Every piece should come in great condition. I do understand that issues in shipping could be an issue from time to time; due to shipping companies mishandling a package, but every piece should be without any paint flaws coming from the factory. That is why they have QC. Plan and simple.

^^^

:goodpost::exactly:. Never had any QC probs with HT's either. Theres tons of customs out there as well that you can look into. I usually dont find any QC issues with those. I have been lucky that most of my SS statues only have small to no paint imperfections.

With the exception of this mark vi I've been pretty happy with sideshow. Very small paint flaws which likely go unnoticed in qc can be forgiven. But some of the bad ones on the mark vi shouldn't get past qc

I am very happy that I finally received a Mrk VI maquette with no issues, but after seeing the widespread, nonstop QC problems with this, I will never buy another Sideshow Iroman product.

I have only had one other paint issue with Sideshow and they sent me a perfect replacement head immediately (Star Wars Asajj Ventress EX head).

Its actually really sad that its such a consistent issue. I use to look forward to opening a package so I could stare at the piece an all its detail for hours. Now, I have to look over pieces to see what major QC flaws came with it :slap
I would have cancelled my Prime maquette also but I dont feel like losing $250. Im COUNTING on issues with the piece also. Im not even thrilled about getting it to be honest. But hey....that will be the last straw. SS can take their junk happy meal statues and shove it up their arse! :mad:

Chris

At $500 each we are transferring $1.3 Million to SS and they can't produce a decent statue for $1.3 Million. So sad.

As for me, I'm sending my second one back, so that's $120 in shipping paid by SS. Add them sending me a third is $150. I wonder if they will just admit they can't produce a decent statue and tell me there are no more replacements.

I agree with the previous post, I'm pretty sick of it, but I'm going to keep doing the Ironman just to prove a point.

With 150 Optimus's and $1200 price, I'm going to go over every inch and I'm not going to let a little thing go, it has to be perfect.

At $500 each we are transferring $1.3 Million to SS and they can't produce a decent statue for $1.3 Million. So sad.

As for me, I'm sending my second one back, so that's $120 in shipping paid by SS. Add them sending me a third is $150. I wonder if they will just admit they can't produce a decent statue and tell me there are no more replacements.

I agree with the previous post, I'm pretty sick of it, but I'm going to keep doing the Ironman just to prove a point.

With 150 Optimus's and $1200 price, I'm going to go over every inch and I'm not going to let a little thing go, it has to be perfect.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

While I can empathize with you guys (QC is what kept me from ordering this statue, for instance), you can always buy one second hand off of eBay or from these boards from a person that has already inspected it.

Back