Iron Man Mark VI Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I finally managed to get a GOOD look at my now 2nd IM after destroying the 1st due to QC problems, and this one has obviously not gone through QC either :slap, the paint is a lot better than the 1st one, BUT... the lights dont work with the batteries even with new ones in and the light up chest piece does not light up properly and you can see the LED sitting right at the very bottom of it and the two worst features so far are,

1. When you put the lights on you can see the light through his mouth as well!! :gah:

2. The face plate is not on squarely (properly)

So a nice little email will be on its way to SSC in a couple of minutes... :mad:

That is just fu@#ing unacceptable for a statue of this price, next thing we will see them shipping with no faceplate at all. Get your finger out SS, your reputation is going further down the pan every day. :mad:

So I'm currently at Universal Stuidos Island of Adventures and they have an Iron Man MK VI on display and the chin is amazingly perfect! Smooth and even! I'm shocked I'll take a picture and upload it when I'm home.

So I'm currently at Universal Stuidos Island of Adventures and they have an Iron Man MK VI on display and the chin is amazingly perfect! Smooth and even! I'm shocked I'll take a picture and upload it when I'm home.

Good for Universal Stuidos :wink1:

Since the chin is the only blemish on mine... paint apps are perfect otherwise and the lights work great. No black lines bleeding into the red paint, I decided to accept the chin as I could get worse.

Since the chin is the only blemish on mine... paint apps are perfect otherwise and the lights work great. No black lines bleeding into the red paint, I decided to accept the chin as I could get worse.

Really? For me the chin is the important part, cause when people see him, face is always the first look, if the chin could be bad like that, I will not accept it.

I WANTED this piece and NOW I CANNOT HAVE IT :monkey2

1008547_o.gif

SIDESHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prolly not too much lower since sideshow just resends bad ones to people in hopes the new owner will accept subpar quality.

Prolly not too much lower since sideshow just resends bad ones to people in hopes the new owner will accept sub par quality.

Proof? We have one instance that this might even be true and honestly there are secondary sellers and ebay involved.

Proof? We have one instance that this might even be true and honestly there are secondary sellers and ebay involved.

Why are you defending this 2nd class company,they are not going to hire you,like they did with Pitu.Do you thing SideShow "directors,managers" come here to see who's saying good about their company etc... You think you're going to get a discount or something,let me know I start making youtube videos on how great SideShow products are and this painting QC is pure conspiracy. :slap

I just asked a question. :lol As far as a second class company. :lol I don't say or act like I do to get a job. Nor do I say it to get a discount. When did they hire P!TU? Last I talked to him just the other day he was still unemployed. Sadly mind you. As far as a conspiracy. This piece has had issues. No conspiracy there.

Prolly not too much lower since sideshow just resends bad ones to people in hopes the new owner will accept subpar quality.

One instance? I know jye318 definatly had this happen and I am about 90% sure so did I. At the VERY least I was sent out a box / packaging that had been returned to Sideshow. And this was from a statue I ordered DIRECTLY from Sideshows website. The statue was also quite dirty / dusty. Now whether they took the returned statue out and put a different one in the same box or switched out bases I don't know but it definately was a returned box and I'm guessing some part of the statue was also a return.

I should take pictures of the box and post it for fun. Maybe when I get a minute.

Last edited:
I just asked a question. :lol As far as a second class company. :lol I don't say or act like I do to get a job. Nor do I say it to get a discount. When did they hire P!TU? Last I talked to him just the other day he was still unemployed. Sadly mind you. As far as a conspiracy. This piece has had issues. No conspiracy there.

You know what I mean,SideShow gave free stuff here & there,free admission on Comic con etc... He wasn't on the payroll...

Yeah SideShow needs to stop lying,saying that they stop production for 3 months to fix the issues,seems like they are worse than before.:slap

Probably they just left them in the warehouse for 3 months.Do you think they would spend money send them back to China to be repaired. ? :lol

One instance? I know jye318 definatly had this happen and I am about 90% sure so did I. At the VERY least I was sent out a box / packaging that had been returned to Sideshow. And this was from a statue I ordered DIRECTLY from Sideshows website. The statue was also quite dirty / dusty. Now whether they took the returned statue out and put a different one in the same box or switched out bases I don't know but it definitely was a returned box and I'm guessing some part of the statue was also a return.

I should take pictures of the box and post it for fun. Maybe when I get a minute.

He was the one that got #198 and dealt with a secondary person sent it back and then it ended up on ebay. Sorry something just seems fishy in all that. Especially when it was said an item bought from a secondary seller was to be sent back to SS direct. Only a couple times have I ever seen that happen in my years collecting SS. As far as boxes being beat up and dust? I've had that happen before. Not sure that means much.

You know what I mean,SideShow gave free stuff here & there,free admission on Comic con etc... He wasn't on the payroll...

You stated that he says what he says because he got a job and that I was doing the same to get a job. No offense to P!TU I've been talking up and about SS long before P was here. As far as free stuff lots of folks have had that happen over the years that doesn't mean ____.

Yeah SideShow needs to stop lying,saying that they stop production for 3 months to fix the issues,seems like they are worse than before.:slap

Probably they just left them in the warehouse for 3 months.Do you think they would spend money send them back to China to be repaired. ? :lol

I'm always curious as to know how you know they're lying? Did you work for them or do you? Do you have hard evidence they are?

No ____. :lol

Before someone hits me with the apologist hammer again. :lol I will say I ask questions somtimes or confront I guess cause I like debating and wanting to know why people feel that way but I also know SS has run into issues with Iron Man no doubts about it at all what so ever. Something in the painting process with the metallic paint. HT can get away with it cause its cast in that color plastic.

One instance? I know jye318 definatly had this happen and I am about 90% sure so did I. At the VERY least I was sent out a box / packaging that had been returned to Sideshow. And this was from a statue I ordered DIRECTLY from Sideshows website. The statue was also quite dirty / dusty. Now whether they took the returned statue out and put a different one in the same box or switched out bases I don't know but it definately was a returned box and I'm guessing some part of the statue was also a return.

Okay so here are the pictures of the box of the Iron Man Mark VI I recieved from an order placed DIRECTLY from Sideshows website. I don't currently have a photobucket account so hopefully these attachments work. You will notice the box is rather beat up. The marker written on the top has a date of 8/27 which I'm guessing was written on there when the person sent it back or when SS recieved it. I don't really know but mine wasn't ordered until 12/21/2010. You can clearly see where the old shipping label was cut off the box using a box cutter and a new label was placed over it. Also note the shipping address on the label...direct from SS

As a side note this was the 2nd Iron Man I recieved. The first I orderd through a dealer and the base had a 1/4" hole in the top and the lights didn't work.

Last edited:
Back