Iron Man Mark VI Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, the Iron Man that came in the box above was overall better then the 1st one I recieved. It does have a 3/4" to 1" piece of lint or string that was painted over on the right breast. Almost looks like a crack. See the attached photo. With the small photo size I don't know how well it will show up. I am trying to just return the statue for a refund. If the overall experience hadn't been so bad and this wasn't a $500.00 piece I'd probably keep it. I don't expect perfection in the paint department, I realize humans and not machines paint these so they are bound to have a few problems. What do you guys think of this painted over lint?

Last edited:
Why are you defending this 2nd class company...
Don't you think this is a bit extreme? They do make some great products, have tons of give aways (that no other collectible company does), great fan participation, and they try to listen to fan feedback. Are they always perfect? Not at all, they are a company out to make money, but saying they are 2nd class is absurd.

Yeah SideShow needs to stop lying, saying that they stop production for 3 months to fix the issues, seems like they are worse than before. Probably they just left them in the warehouse for 3 months. Do you think they would spend money send them back to China to be repaired?
This is the main thing that really bothers me about the whole Ironman Maquette...I spoke several times to a specific person at Sideshow and got a different answer each time; first it was that a shipment never arrived, and then it was that production stopped for replacements repairs, then it was sent back. If this really happened and Sideshow got serious about QC, this many people shouldn't be getting worse items.

Honestly, at this point in the Ironman mess, what the hell do you guys expect Sideshow to say? All companies have issues and they all deal with it in the same few ways: 1) lie 2) pass the blame 3) spin

Last edited:
Also, the Iron Man that came in the box above was overall better then the 1st one I recieved. It does have a 3/4" to 1" piece of lint or string that was painted over on the right breast. Almost looks like a crack. See the attached photo. With the small photo size I don't know how well it will show up.

Jesus man, yea if I wasn't certain and more than surely certain that I'm staying away from this piece.

Okay so here are the pictures of the box of the Iron Man Mark VI I recieved from an order placed DIRECTLY from Sideshows website. I don't currently have a filebucket account so hopefully these attachments work.

Oh yeah sneaky bastards,they cut off the previous shipping label and put yours in there,that box looks like that box was inside a drier WTF.:gah:

They don't even have spare boxes to cover the scam ? :lol

You're send that back right ?

Also, the Iron Man that came in the box above was overall better then the 1st one I recieved. It does have a 3/4" to 1" piece of lint or string that was painted over on the right breast. Almost looks like a crack. See the attached photo. With the small photo size I don't know how well it will show up. I am trying to just return the statue for a refund. If the overall experience hadn't been so bad and this wasn't a $500.00 piece I'd probably keep it. I don't expect perfection in the paint department, I realize humans and not machines paint these so they are bound to have a few problems. What do you guys think of this painted over lint?

attachment.php

Looks like Sideshow needs to implement a hair net policy over in China. :lecture

so if u had to choose to spend $500 on:
perfect condition ironman comiquette
perfect condition ironman mk VI maquette

which would you choose?

so if u had to choose to spend $500 on:
perfect condition ironman comiquette
perfect condition ironman mk VI maquette

which would you choose?

This is gonna go versus whether you like the classic version or a movie version.

If you are movie lover try your luck, if you are more into the comics classic is the way to go.

IMO all the production problems with this piece is karma biting SS in the bum for charging $500 for a $350 statue. Just my opinion though :)

Comic versions of characters all the way :)

i think a movie Spidey comiquette would have less QC problems than the comic version :nana:. This is all Legacy's fault, thats what they get for not producing that P2 maquette/bust we've been waiting for all these years. Avatard products shall have the same fate until our demands are met :lecture

Back