Iron Man Mark VI Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know why preorders on SS iron man 2 maquettes are still available. I would have thought they'd be sold out or waitlisted by now?

Does anyone know why preorders on SS iron man 2 maquettes are still available. I would have thought they'd be sold out or waitlisted by now?

That's easy, the regulars didn't sell out and are still available :D

I thought you had this on pre-order? Have you ever used flexi?

Seeing as how I bought the Alien warrior, it might seem a bit off that I find this piece pricey... lol. I truly considered buying the Legacy. Should pics prove too much to bear, I may reconsider (again!). It sure wouldn't be the first time!

The truth of the matter is my in-hand product has already surpassed the amount of space available to display it. And, there are more 1/4 scale pieces headed my way. There's very little that irks me more than having product sit in boxes in the basement. At this point, I might as well put $500 in an envelope and place on top of a box downstairs... lol.

Last edited:
Seeing as how I bought the Alien warrior, it might seem a bit off that I find this piece pricey... lol. I truly considered buying the Legacy. Should pics prove too much to bear, I may reconsider (again!). It sure wouldn't be the first time!

The truth of the matter is my in-hand product has already surpassed the amount of space available to display it. And, there are more 1/4 scale piece headed my way. There's very little that irks me more than having product sit in boxes in the basement. At this poit, I might as well out $500 in an envelope and place on top of a box downstairs.

I'll take pics for ya pal :1-1:

Well let's just say you shouldn't look at any threads where I've posted pics of what I've got :lol.

I hope you can eventually fit this into your collection if you really want it.

Money isn't the real issue. It's the space too. Pretty soon I'll have to choose between my kids and my statues... lol. I have a rather large house too. I have to keep some room for family photos and things like a refridgerator and a washing machine.

:D

Last edited:
I'm late chiming in (busy day in the ole IT department today) but yeah, I got my notice too. Can't wait. I've been wanting a decent Iron Man in my collection and this is that and more. It will be a welcome addition. I'm a little drunk right now (pre-flight before Reggae-Fest) and I'm feeling a little emotional about being fortunate enough to be able to afford this crap. I will probably regret this post in the morning. :duff:drink

Well....

I think the first reason is the price. They are amazing pieces but $500 and $550 for a sculpture is quite a lot.

Second reason is because they are regulars. The Ex have been on the wait list for a few weeks now and regulars can be bought from retailers for at least 10% less than original price.....

The difference is that you pay less but you don't get the reward points that SS offers....

Finally the reason the regulars are still available is because Sideshow has released so many pieces the past few months that you have to prioritize what you want. Iron man Maquette has a ES of 2000 so I think people just think "I will get it later" and go for something else, something that has a great exclusive and/or something with a low ES.

In my humble opinion, of course....:lecture:

Back