Iron Man Mark VI Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm late chiming in (busy day in the ole IT department today) but yeah, I got my notice too. Can't wait. I've been wanting a decent Iron Man in my collection and this is that and more. It will be a welcome addition. I'm a little drunk right now (pre-flight before Reggae-Fest) and I'm feeling a little emotional about being fortunate enough to be able to afford this crap. I will probably regret this post in the morning. :duff:drink

Woo-hoo...

I've had 4-5 drinks and I'm BSing my way through an essay paper that I don't even need to do. I'm getting a 'B' no matter what... EFF SUMMER CLASSES!

Well....

I think the first reason is the price. They are amazing pieces but $500 and $550 for a sculpture is quite a lot.

Second reason is because they are regulars. The Ex have been on the wait list for a few weeks now and regulars can be bought from retailers for at least 10% less than original price.....

The difference is that you pay less but you don't get the reward points that SS offers....

Finally the reason the regulars are still available is because Sideshow has released so many pieces the past few months that you have to prioritize what you want. Iron man Maquette has a ES of 2000 so I think people just think "I will get it later" and go for something else, something that has a great exclusive and/or something with a low ES.

In my humble opinion, of course....:lecture:

All good points and the biggest reason in there is the ES of 2000, methinks. That's a load of Iron Men! :horror:horror:horror

thought i'd never say it, but i'm thinking this is going to get the axe. just way to much great stuff coming down the road, and not just from ssc but others like Aspen and Moore are also getting my $$$.
just need more displays and places to put them.:dunno

All good points and the biggest reason in there is the ES of 2000, methinks. That's a load of Iron Men! :horror:horror:horror

In today's hobby climate, I think 2800 is a rather large edition run (2000 regs, 800 exes), even more so for a $500 statue. As beautiful as this piece is, I still think it will be easy to find later. I think a lot of dealers might have speculated on this one.

Now I have to stop talking about this statue because the more I talk about it, the greater the chance I'll be buying it... lol. I'm going to the Buffy section where there's absolutely no product at all in the works. lol.

:D

Last edited:
Does anyone know why preorders on SS iron man 2 maquettes are still available. I would have thought they'd be sold out or waitlisted by now?

I think the price, the ES, plus all the Iron Man's that have come out over the past couple years, from Bust's and 1:2, etc. If this was the only Ironman during the past couple years, it'd been sold out long ago. I don't have a decent Ironman, so this and War Machine will fit nicely.

In today's hobby climate, I think 2800 is a rather large edition run (2000 regs, 800 exes), even more so for a $500 statue. As beautiful as this piece is, I still think it will be easy to find later. I think a lot of dealers might have speculated on this one.
:D

I'm curious if a lot of dealers want to speculate on a $500 statue. That represents a pretty significant portion of a owner's working capital tied up in one product offering. In today's challenging environment, many dealers are reluctant to tie up their working capital. I would venture to say a number of dealers would rather spend $500-$600 bucks and maybe secure 2-3 pieces (dependent on the discount offered by suppliers) rather spend that same dollar amount on one high dollar piece.

Lastly, I would be willing to say that a number of dealers also keep their eyes on the ES of a given piece and may have come to the conclusion many forum members have...eventually there may be a lot of this product on the market. Again, another reason to avoid aggressive speculation with this product offering.

I had to cancel this. $500 bucks for a 17 inch statue is not worth it, especially when it ends up being $650 bucks delivered.

I blame Averone he probably ordered 1000 of those.....

Actually between him and Greatwall, there will be only 200 for the rest of us...

Well, I had to cancel this bad boy...I figure if I want it, a regular will do...If the EX was stronger I would have kept it.

2800 total if you count the "nameplate" regulars/exclusives. That is a huge ES for statue with a price tag of nearly $500. I love this statue, but will pick it up later. It should be available for a long time.

Friday August 20th is the processing day. Why can't they release WM the same time too?

Becasue i'm running out of cash so they are waiting for me. :lol ;)

To be honest though i wouldn't mind if they came at the same time it would be great to have them both on display. :rock

Becasue i'm running out of cash so they are waiting for me. :lol ;)

To be honest though i wouldn't mind if they came at the same time it would be great to have them both on display. :rock
I can't even wait until August 20th and now you ask me to wait for first quarter next year for WM? Thats not right.

I can't even wait until August 20th and now you ask me to wait for first quarter next year for WM? Thats not right.

Yeah the wait is too long but you never know they might bring it forward like they have with this VI. :)

Yeah the wait is too long but you never know they might bring it forward like they have with this VI. :)

After the beating my wallet will take after the VI, I would hope War Machine wouldn't tag along TOO soon :thud:

i cancelled mine at this point at least to see in hand pics and to see if there is any shipping or QC issues we'll have to worry about like most other IM pieces.

Back