Statue [Iron Studios] Iron Man Mark XLII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to your review Alex. Make sure you give us your honest opinion about what you think regarding the lines and paint apps. At this moment in time from what i've seen so far from the production pics is that its vastly different from the prototype - notably the gold and red colours.

Proto was in beter lighting, I imagine it to be a bit different. I hope the gold is not too yellow. We will find out soon I guess.
Either way, I think its a keeper for me.

I think cadera may have broke the Guiness world record for most negative posts from someone who hasn't even ordered the item in question.

He doesn't even own the thing? :lol

they are not my opnion

they are opinions of those who already have the piece

The container with the keyrings is in Brazil awaiting this release. soon to be released!

Congrats Marc, you are 1st on the shipping list! :yess: :fireworks
I will ship the low numbers in order of the payments. So yes, congrats Marc! :yess:
Thanks Andy!!! :yess:
I kept money in my Paypal account for this since the last 7 months waiting for this to finally arrive!

Thanks Ricardo for all the work (and more you have ahead of you) and I know what you must be going through right now with all the moaning and all... don't let some negative ****, I said it before and I'll repeat it, we trust you! :1-1:

P.S.
BTW Ric, you must a freaking huge truck AND a full warehouse to stock 50x units of those??? Picture??? :panic:

Proto was in beter lighting, I imagine it to be a bit different. I hope the gold is not too yellow. We will find out soon I guess.
Either way, I think its a keeper for me.

Yea, the yellow and reds used on the production piece appear to be more vibrant when compared to the more accurate proto but like you and others have said, things like lighting have to be taken into consideration and i dont think we can really judge this piece until in hand...praying that the statue pulls through as there is a massive shortage of MK42 collectibles at the moment. In 1/4 scale there is just this one and the XM Studios version which is also really nice. Not forgetting Iron Studios Battle Damaged MK42 LSF!!! :horror

I think cadera may have broke the Guiness world record for most negative posts from someone who hasn't even ordered the item in question.

Poor Cadera :lol:lol

Thanks Andy!!! :yess:
I kept money in my Paypal account for this since the last 7 months waiting for this to finally arrive!

Ha! And you were'nt even tempted to spend it! :horror You have much control Marc but huge congrats. I wont be seeing mine until April 2014 so looking forward to your pics my friend :hi5:

Hello guys, i buy this easy because im from brazil, and this was specific for this market. The painting job is not good like all are saying, really not, but here in brazil we are the land of high taxes, so this came with a very good price against sideshow statues, but for who have sideshow and hot toys will be very unhappy with this paint job. If i can give a score i said 8 for the sculture, and 6 for the paint. The wrost part is on his feet and legs, the arms, chest and head have a medium quality. Other think the colors should be better. I will see if i can provide more pictures later, thanks guys!

Hello guys, i buy this easy because im from brazil, and this was specific for this market. The painting job is not good like all are saying, really not, but here in brazil we are the land of high taxes, so this came with a very good price against sideshow statues, but for who have sideshow and hot toys will be very unhappy with this paint job. If i can give a score i said 8 for the sculture, and 6 for the paint. The wrost part is on his feet and legs, the arms, chest and head have a medium quality. Other think the colors should be better. I will see if i can provide more pictures later, thanks guys!

Cad, have you seen this statue in person? :dunno

no
i'm just putting opinions from people who bought it
is really hard to understand it?

no
i'm just putting opinions from people who bought it
is really hard to understand it?

I really think you'd need to see it in person before making a complete judgment on this piece. Yes we've seen some awkward lines and possibly different paint apps on the production piece but as of yet we dont know if this is a consistent flaw or if just on the odd piece. Lets wait until we see more inhand pics...

I really think you'd need to see it in person before making a complete judgment on this piece. Yes we've seen some awkward lines and possibly different paint apps on the production piece but as of yet we dont know if this is a consistent flaw or if just on the odd piece. Lets wait until we see more inhand pics...
Man don't worry about him. He's only desperately trying to criticize the statue without even having seen it in person so honestly he has been adding nothing but nothing to this thread. Again, the statue has flaws and is not perfect, but it's far from being terrible. Sculpture is perfect and I am quite sure you will all still like it a lot.

For those who haven't seen yet, these are the pics of the piece I bought to send to a guy in Florida. Pics taken as per his request. I have already showed him the paint issues and although he considered a refund, he is still making the deal with me and I'll ship the package to him anytime soon.

gjZdjGX.jpg

voLv3W0.jpg

8PDjZ1J.jpg

BVyjBjg.jpg

0agcmBO.jpg

daFcZ5q.jpg

Rt7pBMc.jpg

These are the paint issues I've identified:

qO6fmIv.jpg

zqJCYEE.jpg

AJneyQ1.jpg

Despite the minor issues like those above, the statue is still awesome.

Man don't worry about him. He's only desperately trying to criticize the statue without even having seen it in person so honestly he has been adding nothing but nothing to this thread. Again, the statue has flaws and is not perfect, but it's far from being terrible. Sculpture is perfect and I am quite sure you will all still like it a lot.

For those who haven't seen yet, these are the pics of the piece I bought to send to a guy in Florida. Pics taken as per his request. I have already showed him the paint issues and although he considered a refund, he is still making the deal with me and I'll ship the package to him anytime soon.

Despite the minor issues like those above, the statue is still awesome.

Thanks bro...yea, just seems difficult to hear an opinion when its only based on what others have said :dunno Thanks for the pics...i think that its clear to see from the pics youve provided plus others posted already that this piece is nowhere near the quality that we've seen on the prototype and that the red/gold colours are completely different on the production piece. With that said, the statue as a whole looks awesome with a great iconic pose from the IM3 movie so i think true Iron Man fans will stick with it...
thanks again for the pics buddy :wave

A company called Imaginarium Art are releasing a licenced 1/2 scale Mark
17 Heartbreaker,I ve just seen on Facebook.

Back