Its time for the next Joe!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must have missed something - are we getting an '87 figure next or something?

Tunnel Rat always seems to pop up in Joe lines... Frankly I wouldn't mind, especially if the sculpt is based on Hama.

I'm hoping it's Chuckles or Outback but I'd be happy with Mercer or Falcon.

But please Sideshow, stay the hell away from Dress blues Gung-Ho! After that piece of s*** Dress Blues R. Lee Ermey, they clearly don't have the quality to do it justice.

I advise everyone to just get the CalTek Dress Blues Marine and when Sideshow releases Gung-Ho just swap the headsculpt:
https://www.caltekonline.com/index.php?product=374
product_view_galleriffic.php

Very cool, but he is only a Corporal.

1:16:30 listen again pal, these are characters he would love to do and characters they dream of doing. not going to do as a sure thing.

I did pal ;)

Short list means characters that they are discussing and have discussed...Those figures he went down the list were not "dream" figures...you need to listen again.These are characters they want to do.It might take a few years,but they were mentioned for a reason.

Snow Serpent and Snowjob were discussed alot and they matched up to what was rumored by an insider that told me a few things of what he heard...I guess they were just "dream" figures too then...

thenammagazine said:
Using R. Lee Ermey's fig as a comparison is a complete fail. He's not even ballparking the Joes in quality.
When Sideshow attempted the Dress Blues back then they were trying their best and failed, I doubt it would be that much improved even at modern prices.
There's no reason now for SSC to attempt a Dress Blues Gung-Ho with Cal Tek releasing a superior version.
Besides, it would take up a Joe slot for a much more deserving character.

Very cool, but he is only a Corporal.
Remove the chevrons and print out replacements.

I did pal ;)

Short list means characters that they are discussing and have discussed...Those figures he went down the list were not "dream" figures...you need to listen again.These are characters they want to do.It might take a few years,but they were mentioned for a reason.

Snow Serpent and Snowjob were discussed alot and they matched up to what was rumored by an insider that told me a few things of what he heard...I guess they were just "dream" figures too then...

you are missing the point discussed and planned figures are not a done deal. you hear we would like to and have talked about as absolute. i would like to see all of these made but just because they talk about making them and even begin development doesn't mean they will end up on our shelves. if you can tell me exactly where they say these figures on the short list are being made and i will listen again. you need to wake up and join the real world where disappointment and uncertainty is a fact of life.

When Sideshow attempted the Dress Blues back then they were trying their best and failed, I doubt it would be that much improved even at modern prices.
There's no reason now for SSC to attempt a Dress Blues Gung-Ho with Cal Tek releasing a superior version.

Remove the chevrons and print out replacements.

Nice idea, I always liked the dress blues figure.

you are missing the point discussed and planned figures are not a done deal. you hear we would like to and have talked about as absolute. i would like to see all of these made but just because they talk about making them and even begin development doesn't mean they will end up on our shelves. if you can tell me exactly where they say these figures on the short list are being made and i will listen again. you need to wake up and join the real world where disappointment and uncertainty is a fact of life.

No ____ shurlock,nothing is a guarantee and the line could end tommorrow...

They asked him specifically who is on their short list of characters they would like to do.If you would learn to read,I said nothing about these figures being produced tommorow...ITS CALLED A SHORT LIST and I listed the characters he named.They oviously want to get to these characters in time.

I need to wake up? I have no dissapointments about Toys.If they get made,they get made,if they don't,they don't,so get off your high horse about "real world" which you yourself probably don't really know anything about.

It was nice to get more scoop of what their interested in doing and have planned for the interest who is actually buying these figures.

I wonder if your one of these people?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4dy7mmu2Ro&feature=g-all-u[/ame]

i just hope we see the concepts of what they are doing now at sdcc for future 1/6. i hope that the short list is what they are working on.

Yes, but you're using a doll that was $50 and half a decade old as a point of comparison. It's not really fair and not really accurate. Now that they're triple that pricepoint and considerably nearer in quality to HT, I doubt there's be anything to worry about. That said, I don't think we'd see a Dress Blues Gung-Ho anyway, until well after Gung-Ho is released, and then, only as a con Ex.

that movie is fail
I don't care about the movie....so I don't see what the movie has to do with a figure. I happen to like the SE and SS outfits...but I guess it makes more sense to wish for some 80s Joe that appeals to only a certain group of people. Heck while I'm at it: give me an Alexander Destro, General Rey, and a Coil Serpentor!

I don't care about the movie....so I don't see what the movie has to do with a figure. I happen to like the SE and SS outfits...but I guess it makes more sense to wish for some 80s Joe that appeals to only a certain group of people. Heck while I'm at it: give me an Alexander Destro, General Rey, and a Coil Serpentor!

just messing with you! that snake eyes is kinda cool but we all want original first.:pray:everyone has their own thing, but i dont see them doing them.

just messing with you! that snake eyes is kinda cool but we all want original first.:pray:everyone has their own thing, but i dont see them doing them.

It's cool just had a similar experience over on the Marvel boards...Sideshow could make SS every year and I probably buy them...I'm a huge SE and SS fan...

And needs a haircut.

I also want to know who told the clowns at Caltek that the rifle marksmanship badge goes on top of the ribbons.

I wouldn't mind getting one of these and customizing it with my own decorations...and a head sculpt of me.:)

The Joes as a whole are nostalgic. Given that, most of the sales of the high-end stuff rely on nostalgia as well. Why would a collectible company invest $$$ in $150-$200 on character designs from a movie that was largely hated by their target consumer vs. creating them and appealing to maybe 3% of the demographic they're trying to appeal to? Your statement is oxymoronic.

Back