James “Bucky” Barnes Premium Format Figure – Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot this picture earlier.

IMG_9506.jpg

Great review as always, Josh! It looks really great, congrats on getting him.

Guys quick question, does anyone have any problem with this statue yet?
His mouth looks weird or it's nomarl?
97a9c7f7.jpg

Sideshow paint on sculpts still has me going :cuckoo:

They really need to get their paint apps in check. If Hot Toys can home run their 1/6 sculpts out of the park on a consistent basis with paint, there's no reason why the bigger scale of 1/4 leaves so much to be desired from Sideshow. Eyes, skin tones, and mouth all look pretty bad comparatively imo.

They really need to get their paint apps in check. If Hot Toys can home run their 1/6 sculpts out of the park on a consistent basis with paint, there's no reason why the bigger scale of 1/4 leaves so much to be desired from Sideshow. Eyes, skin tones, and mouth all look pretty bad comparatively imo.

The skin looks a lot better in the picture Josh posted above.

Great review as always, Josh! It looks really great, congrats on getting him.

Thank ya sir! Much appreciated. Thank ya again my friend. :duff :hi5: He's really sweet. Glad I didn't pass on this version of Cap.

Yeah, I like the paint on mine and quite happy with the piece.

Even still, I kind of think we're being short changed on the paint apps. The crappiest Hot Toys figure (much smaller scale too) has at least twice the detail in paint. Don't even get me started on the Ex head's eyebrows. Repainters put off by the caliber of factory hot toys paint jobs could make a lot of bank bringing these great SS 1/4 sculpts to life. Just imo.

Even still, I kind of think we're being short changed on the paint apps. The crappiest Hot Toys figure (much smaller scale too) has at least twice the detail in paint. Don't even get me started on the Ex head's eyebrows. Repainters put off by the caliber of factory hot toys paint jobs could make a lot of bank bringing these great SS 1/4 sculpts to life. Just imo.

A question that is bugging me all the time , is hottoys product hand painted ?

Dude, Josh have a batter head, I batter ask if I can get a replacement , I have checked, my Is just look so weird.

might be lighting?
Yeah i think so. Some picture posted here of Captain Jack made his skin look like an umpa lumpa. :rotfl

A question that is bugging me all the time , is hottoys product hand painted ?
I'd like to know how they paint a HT fig as well? I'd also like to know why SSC don't paint them like HT do? when these cost more as well.

So I had a stroke of luck today...I had stayed on the waitlist for the ex the past few months as a flex pay purchase and this afternoon I was emailed by SSC that one came into stock for my purchase prior to the first flex payment was due for my reg pre order. So I basically cancelled my reg and will now be flexing the EX. For those who were bummed about the waitlist process it looks like flex pay pre orders are being processed now.

Congrats on your convert :clap. Now you play the waiting game :)

U must be kidding.

Yeah i think so. Some picture posted here of Captain Jack made his skin look like an umpa lumpa. :rotfl

I'd like to know how they paint a HT fig as well? I'd also like to know why SSC don't paint them like HT do? when these cost more as well.

The materials are different I presume.

our exclusive also converted... finally ^^ hope we can keep him :(
card getting charged on the 6th

Not really...

gf4.jpg

IMG_9423.jpg

IMG_9506.jpg

SS is going to the new resin on pieces so in time they will all have the look that the German Paratrooper figure has. As far as the Cap paint job I'm sorry but you're failing badly trying to prove that it has a bad paint job.

Josh, kudos on the review. I can't wait for my Ex. I just got the Steve Roger EX last week. It cost a arm and a leg from ebay, but well worth it.

Thank ya! Appreciate it. I bet and color me jealous. I wish I had that one and was smart enough to get it at retail when I had a chance.

Not really...

gf4.jpg

IMG_9423.jpg

IMG_9506.jpg

I insist you "MUST" be kidding. When you are comparing a Polystone hand painted "STATUE" with a massively produced "TOYS". At the very beginning it is already a "Categorical Mistake". It is like asking why some orange is juicier than apple.

Secondly, please go visit some antique stores that sell high hand display statues, which a Tiny 5 inch piece cost more than the PF itself and the size like Bucky= 10 PF Dr. Doom at current market price. My uncle is a collector on those stupid things, since I started being a collector I have been more aware of the painting on eyes. (I have complained that at another thread.) And I if you complain SSC has not done well on the eyes painting, go see how those 10 times more costly one have been done and you know how great SSC is.

Thirdly, if you really want to make comparisons,(for the sake that we really want to dig into how mango taste better than beef) why dont we discuss how "dead fish" the HT Thor looks and how "Wierd" Spiderman is?

Back