James “Bucky” Barnes Premium Format Figure – Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure that is their nice way of saying "we think you are too picky, we don't want to deal with you anymore." Bucky has only been released for a couple of weeks and they are out of replacements already? Yeah right. I mean the regular is still available on their website.

Really sorry to hear that but I'd do the same thing if I were you.

i had the EXACT same problem..They sent me a defective replacement..
and Jaclyn arrogantly said that she checked it herself and she dont see wat the problem was on my pic.. to top it with icing,

''Please know all of our statues are completely hand crafted from beginning to end. Each statue is individually hand painted by one of our artists. As such, no statue will be perfect. I have reviewed your second photo; however, I do not see a blemish. If there is something I am missing, please let me know.''

i am lost for words..:mad:

does alot of the member here got QC problem with bucky, or just afew? just wondering as mine is coming soon:)

buddy, yr jus gotten coverted? if so, good luck, it might be rejected pieces that circulating more than once.. sideshow looking for a sucker to accept their nonsense rejects...

i had the EXACT same problem..They sent me a defective replacement..
and Jaclyn arrogantly said that she checked it herself and she dont see wat the problem was on my pic.. to top it with icing,

''Please know all of our statues are completely hand crafted from beginning to end. Each statue is individually hand painted by one of our artists. As such, no statue will be perfect. I have reviewed your second photo; however, I do not see a blemish. If there is something I am missing, please let me know.''

i am lost for words..:mad:

What was the problem with your?

unfortunately SS knows there are other collectors who will accept flawed pieces. They will just pass it along until they find someone who doesn't complain.

Finally got EX 88/550 a few minutes ago.

The base is pretty heavy which was a pleasant suprise.
Don't know why Sideshow colored the picture of Bucky with Roger's old costume on the bottom of the base. It's probably because of how long it took before I got the piece but I'm not that excited with this piece.

My first one had a painted over/repaired chip on the front. SS sent a replacement body with a painted over/repaired chip on the back.

I can understand the first one arriving with a problem, as SS doesn't open all the boxes, but they sent the replacement in a regular box.

I have no idea why they sent me a defective statue to replace my first defective statue.

Anyway, I complained again and they said they have No More Replacements and offered $35 off to keep one of them or send everything back.

I asked for a full refund and I'm sending everything back.

The QC must be really really bad on these if they are out of replacements.

Pretty sad that I can get a statue in better shape from Ebay then I can from SS.

Anyway if someone gets # 88, you know it was a reject.

Lol. I got your rejected piece. Great job Sideshow!
Calling now.

that's also the risk when you are on the waitlist , it may convert but sideshow just sells you a piece someone else already did sent back because of problems

damn you sideshow :mad:

Ok. After calming down my dumbass, I re-examined the Bucky PF & found that there is no chipping of the star on the front nor the back.

And furthermore, the product used for the mixed media element is just (for the lack of a better word at the moment) pretty nice. I can only imagine if they use the same textile for future Premium Formats such as Daredevil or Wolverine in his brown costume.

Once again I apologize for the outburst.

Hey everyone, sorry for reviving this thread but wanted to know what you freaks think of this issue.

I got the common crooked eagle flaw. I spoke to SS and was told that there's no replacements for the base. So what to do freaks? Should I keep it or return it and get the Regular?

Here's the base. What do you think friends? Is this a HUGE deal breaker?

WP_000149.jpg

Keep it if you really don't mind since the main focus is Captain but if it's really annoying you and your not happy with it return it. But you should keep it since they probably don't have exc replacements

Well c11 that's my problem right now. In case I do sell it, I would want at least what I paid for, nothing less.

Could the base really drop that much value of the statue?

I think it would drop it a bit since Its not mint and has a defect of the crooked eagle. Is it possible for you to fix it ?

I just received mine and it is number 367/550. I really love it. I got a perfect piece and love the hooded and unhooded head sculpt. The only problem I had with mine was that the rubber under the base was stuck to the wrapping and it has bent over a little due to being squashed into the styrofoam. I guess I can just straighten it out and glue it down. No big deal. My eagle is pretty straight so I don't want to run the risk of asking for a replacement. Since ppl have already said there are no more replacement bases to go round. Overall i'm pretty happy with this PF. Yes, the base is pretty solid and this how all bases should be with PFs.

I think it would drop it a bit since Its not mint and has a defect of the crooked eagle. Is it possible for you to fix it ?

Nope. SS ran out of replacements. The eagle can't be fixed.

I guess want I'm asking you freaks is that if my base flaw is a huge deal, should I return it and get the Regular? Either way, I want this in my collection.

Nope. SS ran out of replacements. The eagle can't be fixed.

I guess want I'm asking you freaks is that if my base flaw is a huge deal, should I return it and get the Regular? Either way, I want this in my collection.

Still haven't doubts huh? :nana::impatient: better hurry with your decision WM. IMO, a mint reg Bucky would be worth more then a flawed EX.

i myself would rather have a regular that doesnt have the crooked eagle, the exclusive on this piece is much less desirable to me then most.

Back