Jango up for preorder!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mfoga said:
What no love for 2K:monkey2 I acatually just noticed:lol

Congrats as well; I didn't notice yours or Tom's, but the post made me look at Tom's. Heck, I didn't even notice when I hit 4500...

Notice my what?!?

HEY!!! 9000 posts!!! I've been so busy I haven't been paying attention and I missed my chance to do a contest or something.

I will have to do something cool when I hit the big quintuple digits this summer.

Seth Gecko said:
Yeah i do.(never underestimate fett fanatics and PPO day, i was surprised that boba even sold out in 19min.Plus a lot of dealers grabbed boba on PPO day as well i think that had a lot to do with it)

agree to disagree

Ron%20Burgundy1.jpg

Oh yeah shadow trooper is full price again(dang oh well)

Just to touch on the scale issue for a second I actually watched ESB again last night and found it interesting that Boba Fett was actually taller than any of the Stormtroopers that shared a scene with him and was even a hair taller than Han. Only Billy Dee and David Prowse were taller.

I remember people commenting that a Medicom Boba would fit in with SS figures because Fett wasn't that tall. Well apparently he was so everyone getting Boba and Jango might want to opt for the leg extenders after all.

I know T. Morrison wasn't as tall so the Medicom Jango scale might be okay but since he's technically supposed to be the same height as Boba I'm sure a lot of people will want father and clone to match up evenly.

Khev said:
I know T. Morrison wasn't as tall so the Medicom Jango scale might be okay but since he's technically supposed to be the same height as Boba I'm sure a lot of people will want father and clone to match up evenly.

They are both 300mm.

Seth Gecko said:
They are both 300mm.
I know the figures are the same height but what I was trying to say was that the Medicom Boba Fett shouldn't be shorter than all the SS figures. Boba Fett was actually taller than everyone except for Lando and Darth Vader (and Chewie obviously.)

People might want to opt for the extenders to make Fett the appropriate height when posed with SS characters. Then Jango would obviously need the extenders as well to still be the same height as his clone.

I see.

I say screw extenders unless it's vader.:D And even then i personally don't care (but to whomever wants to.. go for it.)

This brings up an interesting question. Is your height entirely genetically predetermined, or do factors such as diet, exercise and overall health contribute to your final adult height?

tomandshell said:
This brings up an interesting question. Is your height entirely genetically predetermined, or do factors such as diet, exercise and overall health contribute to your final adult height?

...along with the ambient gravity of your environment. I know that adults get a bit taller after extended periods of time in zero gravity... who's to say what effect that would have on someone growing up? Jango and Boba had very different upbringings.

I think it's pretty easy to explain the differences in height between Jango and Boba, and even between clonetroopers.

tomandshell said:
I got some nike leg extenders (I think this is how medicom came up with the idea) and now I'm in scale with the rest of humanity.

Yes, congratz to the 9000 Tom! Wow!

tomandshell said:
I can imagine a few people coming home from their holiday weekend travels and finding an unhappy surprise waiting for them when they get back online and see what they missed while they were out of town.
I seam to remember you had a similar experience once, With ORTHANC? I hope it doesn't hurt to much, bringing this up? :D

If it does, and you want to get me back, here are my greatest misses: THE Balrog, and the WiKi crown. And basically because they where already gone at the time, when I took the effort to check out SSC's website. Technically, the WiKi crown was never up for sale, as you know. But should you ever manage to get your hands on a Balrog, I still gladly give you my Attakus Boba Fett for it. I think?

Orthanc!!! Why did you have to go and bring that up!!! Since then I have learned never to leave town for a week for any reason whatsoever...

If I ever win the lottery I will get myself an Orthanc and a Balrog for you.

9k... Bah, you're not even half the man that Josh is. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

:fireworks :fireworks :fireworks (and congrats)

this is something i would like to talk about. i don't think i've heard a clear answer on this, but the stormies are jango underneath right? if that's the case, why are the stormies so much taller than luke? in EP2, jango appeared shorter than obi wan, so shouldn't that make all the stormies the same height as luke?

"aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

so which is it? did the empire start hiring other grunts once the old republic died out? or are they all jango under the helmets?

Once the OT comes up the stormtroopers aren't all Jango clones, they eventually started looking into alternate cloning sources along with training recruits, so you don't know what's under the helmet all the time. Carida was an example of a training facility for stormtrooper recruits.

Back