Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would someone want to be apart of the test batch? Do the handful of cars suffering from QC that were sent out get returned, or are they stuck with them? That dent is major.
Joost posted a video on the subject yesterday to remind people that the test batch is part of their QC process (to catch stuff they can't simulate in the factory). Customers who volunteer for the test batch are guaranteed replacements (up to a complete new vehicle) as needed.

I like the idea of testing how these’ll be shipped, but maybe a review embargo on the test batch would’ve been the way to go.

These should’ve been solely to give Joost himself feedback - not farm views for having and reviewing it before anyone else, when what they have isn’t even technically final.

It’s feels like when InArt awkwardly sent Battinson prototypes to Justin to review, back when it was a completely different figure before all the revisions.

I just hope the feedback these “influencers” provide Joost is actually good feedback that will make the product better than worse. Are they essentially viewed as a jury?

I just hope the feedback these “influencers” provide Joost is actually good feedback that will make the product better than worse. Are they essentially viewed as a jury?

They’re just intended to make sure the packaging prevents any issues during transportation. Joost mentioned he’s going to be adding some additional packing to help prevent some of the dents and paint scratches we’ve seen so far.

While a few of these first batchers have their own YouTube shows I think the majority are just fellow collectors. I can’t see them purposely providing erroneous feedback that would somehow result in further quality problems (plus Joost is smart enough to know when feedback doesn’t track).
I think Joost should be commended (rather than second guessed) for going the extra mile to try to ensure that this thing reaches us safely. Of course the reality is once it’s left Joost’s factory there’s no way to foolproof the shipment of this because the fools at DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc., are so ingenious when it comes to finding new ways to damage packages.

Last edited:
Just saw the “review” Mr. Mom Collectibles put up. Why even act like you didn’t know you were signing up to be in the test batch lol. I don’t get that guy’s logic. Joost is offering replacements up to a brand new car because this is a test. No wonder he preferred reviewers to wait for replacement as this batch will sort out any issues that haven’t been uncovered yet.

Some of these YouTubers need to stop looking for these fake “GOTCHA” moments. Their holier than thou attitudes really turn me off from that platform to see these 1/6 products in hand. Instagram and these boards are quickly becoming my only useful resource for 1/6

On topic though: really want this car to complete my Keaton Bats collection. Have 89 and 92 figures, Nicholson Joker, and will be picking up Jazz Catwoman. Will be the priciest single item, but don’t think I can settle for the HT version.

Last edited:
Just saw the “review” Mr. Mom Collectibles put up. Why even act like you didn’t know you were signing up to be in the test batch lol. I don’t get that guy’s logic. Joost is offering replacements up to a brand new car because this is a test. No wonder he preferred reviewers to wait for replacement as this batch will sort out any issues that haven’t been uncovered yet.

Some of these YouTubers need to stop looking for these fake “GOTCHA” moments. Their holier than thou attitudes really turn me off from that platform to see these 1/6 products in hand. Instagram and these boards are quickly becoming my only useful resource for 1/6

On topic though: really want this car to complete my Keaton Bats collection. Have 89 and 92 figures, Nicholson Joker, and will be picking up Jazz Catwoman. Will be the priciest single item, but don’t think I can settle for the HT version.

It's funny, he tried farming for views on the Facebook group and everyone's calling him out :lol. Even JazzInc isn't pleased by his premature review of a test Batmobile.

Has Joost publicly addressed the Mr Mom Collectibles review?

Sort of - just a short comment and some "likes" here and there, to critical responses about Mr. Mom's review. He wrote, "Thank you for all these comments. Makes me think I am not crazy".

If Joost mentions anything else, I'm guessing it'll be for the next live stream :unsure:

Sort of - just a short comment and some "likes" here and there, to critical responses about Mr. Mom's review. He wrote, "Thank you for all these comments. Makes me think I am not crazy".

If Joost mentions anything else, I'm guessing it'll be for the next live stream :unsure:
Sounds about right. He's keeping it classy. Good on him.

The turbine winding up to audio levels of a screeching weed eater is a problem. That's the second video I've seen with the issue. Hopefully that gets addressed because that's just not OK imo.

I wonder if the fan serve any sort of functionality (like blowing the steam out of the rear), or if it's mainly there for aesthetics. If it's the latter, maybe they could throttle down the speed a bit.

I wonder if the fan serve any sort of functionality (like blowing the steam out of the rear), or if it's mainly there for aesthetics. If it's the latter, maybe they could throttle down the speed a bit.
Yeah I think it's the latter. It's like too much voltage or something going to it. I'm sure it's a easy fix/adjustment but it's definitely gonna have to be addressed. But this is a test batch piece after all.

What confused me about the test batches is that from what I've read, it's more of a shipping/packaging feedback kind of thing that's mostly being looked at? That can't be right tho, because there are clearly more than a few issues with the vehicle itself at this stage that need some attention.

Yeah I think it's the latter. It's like too much voltage or something going to it. I'm sure it's a easy fix/adjustment but it's definitely gonna have to be addressed. But this is a test batch piece after all.

What confused me about the test batches is that from what I've read, it's more of a shipping/packaging feedback kind of thing that's mostly being looked at? That can't be right tho, because there are clearly more than a few issues with the vehicle itself at this stage that need some attention.

I think it's both for quality control (to fix any issues on the final product) and for shipping/packaging feedback. So, you should receive a Batmobile that's without any of the current issues. I think you can also send JazzInc a message through their Facebook social group, as they seem pretty responsive.

Btw, Joost recently responded to another comment about the Mr. Mom's thing again. It seems like they'll be making some changes on how they handle future test batches.

RT Tiongson
This guy making a point he paid full price. There’s no question of that, but he raised his hand to be one to receive the “Early test samples” with the expectation to get feedback regarding flaws and possible issues during shipping. Now he’s acting like people who had posted videos are being disingenuous. Cmon man!! If you’re a so called YouTuber did you really expect the product was going to come out perfect??
I’m sure Joost will think twice about doing shipping early “test” batches to get feedback going forward. The intent was to get feedback and make the changes to improve the quality of product and shipping prior to the production shipments going out to folks.
Finally, this jeopardizes the whole concept of collector involvement that JazzInc Dioramas fosters with regards to products. I’m going to ask the question that has been asked numerous times, what company asks feedback from the public about products specs and launch????

Joost's response:
Joost Assink
RT Tiongson Well, yeah, I did get burned here despite everyone here knowing this was a test batch for precisely this purpose. I will do things differently going forward.

Back