Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the total number of units for this were around 3k.

For a small business venture, that's really not a lot. I figure a good portion of those costs goes towards manufacturing, licensing fees, paying employees, renting a building and equipment (and that's even before taxes) :lecture.

From what Joost has described, JazzInc also has to meet a minimum threshold of orders before their commissioned factory accepts any work.

0O8A4501-Editsmall.jpg

For a small business venture, that's really not a lot. I figure a good portion of those costs goes towards manufacturing, licensing fees, paying employees, renting a building and equipment (and that's even before taxes) :lecture.

From what Joost has described, JazzInc also has to meet a minimum threshold of orders before their commissioned factory accepts any work.
Yeah, that amount of money does not go far at all when it comes to running a business.

I wonder if it's due to the dimensional tolerances being fairly high, and the natural contraction/expansion of the materials involved. If that's the case, then it might not take much in the way of material deformation to prevent the canopy from sliding all the way in place.

I figure in the coming months, owners of this Batmobile might notice some things that JazzInc didn't account for :unsure: . The piece is gargantuan, and it's going to have uneven weight distribution, so it's good to keep that in mind.

One of the early testers said it was because the test version was missing a rubber piece that goes under the cockpit, which Joost is sending them. Joost opened up a box and the cockpit there was sitting flush.

I really hope the bat emblem rim aesthetics are much more secure on the 2nd & 3rd batches. Needs a strong magnetic connection, don’t like the idea of blu tack or adhesive, thing’s $2k. Don’t like seeing dents, paint blemishes, or any panels that aren’t flush. Everyone’s copy should be bang on, let’s bring it home.

I really hope the bat emblem rim aesthetics are much more secure on the 2nd & 3rd batches. Needs a strong magnetic connection, don’t like the idea of blu tack or adhesive, thing’s $2k. Don’t like seeing dents, paint blemishes, or any panels that aren’t flush. Everyone’s copy should be bang on, let’s bring it home.

Why are the bat symbols on the rims even magnetic, and not permanently affixed? Were there scenes without them?

Why are the bat symbols on the rims even magnetic, and not permanently affixed? Were there scenes without them?
IDK, maybe those were identified as items that could be damaged during shipment or could get caught and break while handling the vehicle. If so, better to just be able to pop them on magnetically. One would always have the option to permanently glue them in place once it’s received.

I like the idea of magnetized bats, I just want them to actually work with a secure connection, no loose parts. It’s not going to move much from the DF120 so I don’t need to glue them.

Maybe I'm behind the news, but I just heard the videos that are coming out right now are only for the test batch - which is used for QC purposes. There's also some talk that it would've been better if JazzInc didn't send the Batmobile to influencers who feel the need to brag about their products (and inadvertently show issues that wouldn't be present on future batches).

Why would someone want to be apart of the test batch? Do the handful of cars suffering from QC that were sent out get returned, or are they stuck with them? That dent is major.

Back