Jazzinc 1/6 Batman The Animated Series Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't kept up with what's going on aside from friends sending DMs on IG of the "realistic" version proposed by fans so apologies in advance if my critique is outdated or out of the loop. I'm a huge BTAS nut, but when my friend asked what I thought of the "realistic" render of the car I immediately groaned and here's why:

The entire aesthetic of the show was modeled after the 1939 World's Fair and is an idealized art deco design (dubbed "Dark Deco" by the showrunners) and looking back at the 30s and 40's vehicles at the time you can clearly see the influence. The show was also meant to look like it was made in the 40's and the overly broad body physiques and designs feel larger than life, they feel unique and nothing on this Earth can replicate. There's a reason why NONE of the artists that worked on the show have ever sanctioned or made any "realistic" renditions of the characters because that goes against the very deliberate art design yet I've seen again and again fans trying to make this happen with 'realistic" art and even realistic custom figures many years back. Imagine if you tried to make Mickey Mouse realistic.

Instead what the BTAS Batmobile figure really needs is a more bulbous design, something NONE of the toys ever seem to get right (they're all boxy and squarish) and a more flip flop paint job with black and navy blue. Having those two alone will make the car "pop" without any need to make it look realistic. Heck, we've seen stuff like the Spiderverse movies that mashes various styles and even the Arkham games knew that when making bonus wearable alternate models of the cartoon, they should not make them "realistic".

That's why I absolutely loved the 1/6 Mondo figure when it came out as it felt like a still cell from the show come to life as opposed to cloth figures which ruins the aesthetics. Too bad the QC sucked so I won't buy another Mondo again.

Here are some photos of vehicles of that era and you can imagine how bulbous, shiny and broad the car should look like:

original.jpg

55cd3ce8939e6c8c0d237f5c48385078.jpg

Last edited:
I get the feeling this one's a non-starter. Going for a screen accurate version will likely end up looking very toy-like. A more realistic option, will be at odds with any figures. The one above looks like a single seater, so a 2 seater will be enormous. A 1/6 model will be equally enormous, so higher manufacturing and shipping costs. Plus, the market for an animated version will be a fraction of any of the live action versions.

The two others competitors:

View attachment 689322
I really hope that the people who voted for this vehicle actually purchase it.

Although this vehicle is not one I am interested in, I am confident that JazzInc will do a great job with it if they make it.

Personally, I would LOVE if they made the Arkham Knight Batmobile! I think the design of that vehicle is super unique yet screams Batman to me,
I am a bit surprised that it came in last in the polling.

I still hope that the Arkham Night Batmobile would be made at some point, if they announce that thing I am going to buy it without a doubt.

I might not say no to the 89 Batcave computer and Armory but for some reason I've never had a notion that I need the Batmissile or the Batski boat. Just too obscure.

Joost hit me with a ;) when I mentioned the Batcomputer and Armory.

I don’t see Hot Toys releasing their computer, and if they do, I know JazzInc’s would be better anyway. They’d probably give you a grated floor, swap out screen options, the works.

The armory would be so much fun. Not only as a diorama piece, but we could see what a JazzInc. 1/6 figure could be like if they included a figurine of the suit in the vault. Let’s not forget to mention all the little weapons and gadgets that could be included that Hot Toys has neglected to give us.

1C0B04E5-24A6-4FDF-8E8B-3A7CACA018E8.jpeg
177D49A1-9009-49F1-9470-F125F1FA97F0.jpeg

Could also do a glossy repaint of the ‘92 Batmobile and add the windshields. If they did a Batskiboat and Batmissile, I’d probably get those too since it would be a matter of “owning it all”.

Joost hit me with a ;) when I mentioned the Batcomputer and Armory.

I don’t see Hot Toys releasing their computer, and if they do, I know JazzInc’s would be better anyway. They’d probably give you a grated floor, swap out screen options, the works.

The armory would be so much fun. Not only as a diorama piece, but we could see what a JazzInc. 1/6 figure could be like if they included a figurine of the suit in the vault. Let’s not forget to mention all the little weapons and gadgets that could be included that Hot Toys has neglected to give us.

View attachment 690275View attachment 690276

Good to know Jazzinc will likely have us covered there. The BatCave is just too cool and it'd be great to represent it with those 2 most notable parts of what's in it.

Could also do a glossy repaint of the ‘92 Batmobile and add the windshields. If they did a Batskiboat and Batmissile, I’d probably get those too since it would be a matter of “owning it all”.

I can understand that for sure. You have the Batwing plus you're getting the Batmobile - it's mandatory that you get the Batskiboat and Batmissile if they were made. I don't have the Batwing so that gives me an out on that completist tendency which I too might otherwise be susceptible to.

Regret not picking up their 89 Batmobile, but will definitely get this. Can't wait to see the progress on their figures for this as well. The Mondo releases never really did it for me. Bats, Robin and Joker would be insta-buys.

I personally would prefer the price decreasing the more people that order rather than extra features. I don’t know that I can spend the same for this as the 1989,2022,1995 etc

I don’t know I appreciate the effort and I’m sure it’s gonna be amazing and I’m likely going to order it if it actually makes it to pre-order but I just get the feels that this does not translate well in 1/6 scale.

I don’t know I appreciate the effort and I’m sure it’s gonna be amazing and I’m likely going to order it if it actually makes it to pre-order but I just get the feels that this does not translate well in 1/6 scale.
I also feel becaue it's animated, it lacks details. It as you said, just won't look great in 1/6 scale...

I think this is an item people think they want, but when it finally is shown, people will be disappointed.

I also think people struggle imagining scales when it comes to things. This will be too long and too tall, just judging the DC Collectibles version.

I know we are excited for this, I am glad to see them doing figures at a good cost. That catwoman for 250 is a good price...slightly cheaper than HT at the moment.

Joost has hinted at a Kitt from Knight Rider and I assume, a Michael Knight to go along with it. Just throwing that out there.

This two tone blue is looking awesome. I would be interested if they made a 1/12 version.

Joost: "Together with a student we have been trying to get the second variant with the blue cell shading dialed in for the BTAS Batmobile preorders based on your feedback. What do you think?"

jazzinc batmobile 448223369_7583191148395375_1488754484960478917_n.jpg

jazzinc batmobile 448276050_7583191138395376_5318928305083503090_n.jpg

This two tone blue is looking awesome. I would be interested if they made a 1/12 version.

Joost: "Together with a student we have been trying to get the second variant with the blue cell shading dialed in for the BTAS Batmobile preorders based on your feedback. What do you think?"

View attachment 707811

View attachment 707812
Yes ^that will translate well in 1/6 months especially with that paint job wow

View attachment 707811

View attachment 707812
That looks much more appealing and 'cartoon come to life' than the black coffin on wheels from the initial video.

Back