Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Someone on facebook said the injection dimples are part of the mold after asking. I hope they're wrong since the prototype mold didn't have them.

jazzinc 1989 batmobile Untitled2.png

If the quality isn't significantly improved before Batch 2 (which is what I'm in) I will seriously consider canceling mine and eating the NRD. For the price this thing should be damn near perfect and so far I'm a little worried by what I'm seeing.

Don't cancel. A few days ago, Joost mentioned that the wait-list is pretty much over capacity right now. If you don't like it, you can sell it for a good profit on Ebay. There will definitely be interest for this on the secondary market.

Ignoring the turbine color of which is a personal issue of mine, I'm confident Joost will put out the best 89 Batmobile in 1/6 scale the world has ever seen. And those fortunate to have one should feel that way too, I'd hope.

If they do not feel that way after this is all over, that is entirely ok too. And nobody should feel discouraged by feeling disappointed.

But I have faith. And this is coming from a guy who's just peeking through the window watching this all go down. I gotta settle for the HT. And I plan on loving that thing to death.

I hope everyone that gets this can feel the same.

On another note - yeesh, tough crowd in that closed Facebook group. I probably wouldn't be posting there any more.

Some of the members act like you just stepped into their tough-guy biker bar if you pose a question. Joost is running a business, not a social club. I think JazzInc has a lot of work to do with improving the atmosphere over there.
Oh yeah I definitely could have told you that. I’ve never felt comfortable to post or comment in that group.

Don't cancel. A few days ago, Joost mentioned that the wait-list is pretty much over capacity right now. If you don't like it, you can sell it for a good profit on Ebay. There will definitely be interest for this on the secondary market.
I’d be careful cause I’m not sure how true that is. I’ve been following the various JazzInc Batmobiles on eBay the past few months and most of them are selling under $2k, which means after eBay fees, shipping, and the sellers original shipping cost from overseas…they’re not likely making much if any profit.

I’d be careful cause I’m not sure how true that is. I’ve been following the various JazzInc Batmobiles on eBay the past few months and most of them are selling under $2k, which means after eBay fees, shipping, and the sellers original shipping cost from overseas…they’re not likely making much if any profit.

I think the initial high cost and shipping is what normally kills secondary market prices even if the product is desirable. The 89 batmobile might slightly fare better than the other batmobiles since it is most iconic one so far.

I hate how we're already talking about hocking this thing off on Ebay. Jesus.

The final product isn't even in collectors hands yet, yall...

I think the 89 is just a different beast where that's concerned - based on the overwhelming interest alone. The 95 didn't sell very well, which is why it didn't have any added features (e.g. exhaust, sound, etc). Similarly, the sales for 1/12 Justicemobile was so underwhelming that Joost is never doing that scale again. Although, the 2022 Batmobile seemed to be their most popular release before the 89.

Totally up to you on how you want to proceed, but once cancelled, I'm not sure if it'll be possible to get it back at the current price. I'd take the risk and hold onto it, but that's just me.

As for the social group, it looks like an admin stepped in, deleted a bunch of the angry comments and locked my thread. I'm not sure if someone from JazzInc was checking in here and seeing the discussions (and if you were, JazzInc, you need to improve your group! :slap).

Someone on facebook said the injection dimples are part of the mold after asking. I hope they're wrong since the prototype mold didn't have them.

View attachment 725023

I saw a post where someone was asking about "dents" and Joost responded that they are part of the mold, and thus not fixable.

I don't know anything about their process, but I understand molds are the most expensive part of making something like this--so I imagine there is no such thing as a "prototype mold." If I had to guess, they probably built the prototype(s) with 3D printed parts, and those parts were used to cast the final molds.

I saw a post where someone was asking about "dents" and Joost responded that they are part of the mold, and thus not fixable.

I don't know anything about their process, but I understand molds are the most expensive part of making something like this--so I imagine there is no such thing as a "prototype mold." If I had to guess, they probably built the prototype(s) with 3D printed parts, and those parts were used to cast the final molds.
That's interesting. But to wash your hands of it, when I've personally seen pics and vids of those "dents" could very well raise concern.

So we are indeed beyond the "fix it" stage...

Eh.

Between the weird magnetic bat emblem on the hubcaps (that we’re supposed to fix with double sided tape?), every test Batmobile having the canopy door gap, cheap metallic paint on the switches (which look better on the Hot Toys), sunken in spots, areas where the paint has dust underneath it, the browning guns needing to rest on the surface of the car to stay up, flimsy bat-hook that can barely stay in, this feels like a rush job. There’s an alarming amount of shoddiness here. Maybe this could’ve used another year in development. It feels like this thing just went up for preorder a few months ago.

Again, it still looks great, but these issues aren’t what we signed up for or expect from JazzInc - especially when we’re dropping almost two grand. Not sure if this being such a bigger success than their other projects caused QC to be more sporadic.

Yet they wasted resources adding the turbine that sounds like death, water mist effects, and Hasbro-level sound effects? I’d rather all efforts be placed into how this thing looks on a shelf, in a case. I’m not going to play with this thing on the carpet. Budget should’ve gone into proper insulation for the canopy - I’m not buying that’s solely a packaging issue after seeing all the test batch samples with it.

Last edited:
Yet they wasted resources adding the turbine that sounds like death, water mist effects, and Hasbro-level sound effects? I’d rather all efforts be placed into how this thing looks on a shelf, in a case.
After seeing the issues, and the "welp, it is what it is" type of response...

This is basically the straw that broke the poor camel's back, for me. I'm so sorry, guys.

Needs to ramp up QC at his Chinese factory or take his business elsewhere. One thing is clear, they don’t have the eyes to inspect this like Joost does at home in the Netherlands. He’d never let that paint fly under his nose. How’s that factory gonna push out 700 odd spotless cars give or take per month?

There is bts footage shared by joost on fb of the Dutch team at the factory in China for "finishing, QC checking and packing". I remember seeing them inspecting the test batch vehicles with a flashlight so yeah.. this is on them this time.

Edit: Post was made on Aug 19 in the private group if anyone is interested.

Surly there's a happy ending to this. It CANNOT go down this way. Right?

But when the doors are closed by Joost own comments - ( interpret them as you wish) that no further updates can/will be done at this point, I struggle to understand how this is acceptable.

Are we freaking out over nothin, here?

I don’t see the issue with halting production, and perhaps opening up some of the waitlist in order to boost funds to secure die cast rims for this.

It’s clear the ball was dropped and time to adjust is necessary. If he continues on the scheduled path, there will be lots more of these cars riddled with QC issues. There’s just no way the work load can be managed in a sophisticated way with such limited time.

Back