Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys had their chance to really make their
re-release a true 2.0 and opted not to. InArt won’t
do it, nor will JND. No other company in 1:6 has the means or experience to make a vehicle at that level of detail.

Joost had inside help and specs from the people directly responsible for its very inception.
Lightning in a bottle really.

Is there an off chance that someone will buy the JazzInc version and try to study it in an attempt to make their own superior version? Sure, but without production funds that seems like just an idea.
Something at this level of detail in production sounds like a complete nightmare in every conceivable way.
There’s no money to be made in anyone attempting to make one better.
You're shooting a bunch of "not happening" at this thing and you don't know, brother.

You're shooting a bunch of "not happening" at this thing and you don't know, brother.
The movie is quickly approaching 40. That’s a lot of time to develop a true miniature replica collectible of such an iconic car. The flash movie didn’t spark any interest from other companies to try it despite its recent appearance. I just think the hobby is way too niche for true competition in 1:6 vehicles. The majority of collectors don’t buy them.

The movie is quickly approaching 40. That’s a lot of time to develop a true miniature replica collectible of such an iconic car. The flash movie didn’t spark any interest from other companies to try it despite its recent appearance. I just think the hobby is way too niche for true competition in 1:6 vehicles. The majority of collectors don’t buy them.
I think this thing has become as ridiculously personal to you, as 89 Bat's 2.0 did for me.

BUT

I ain't pay for this thing. So you got me there.

I don't disagree with your argument. I just don't think it's the argument that's most important in the grand scheme of things regarding this piece.

My only argument is to thoroughly check QC at the door, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.
Not sit and hope for some other company to eventually somehow top this in production.
That’s a steep hill that isn’t being climbed again anytime soon.

That’s my disappointment, make this a home run for every customer involved, do something about those seams, do something about those indentations, make sure that paint has nothing obstructing its appliance. Were the parts not washed down and blown dry directly before paint? Seems like a fundamental step, why are we seeing that level of paint warp? These are genuine questions to ask, you don’t selfishly sit back and just hope your car specifically is issue free.

My only argument is to thoroughly check QC at the door, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.
Not sit and hope for some other company to eventually somehow top this in production.
That’s a steep hill that isn’t being climbed again anytime soon.

That’s my disappointment, make this a home run for every customer involved, do something about those seams, do something about those indentations, make sure that paint has nothing obstructing its appliance. Were the parts not washed down and blown dry directly before paint? Seems like a fundamental step, why are we seeing that level of paint warp? These are genuine questions to ask, you don’t selfishly sit back and just hope your car specifically is issue free.
Yes, we're in agreement there.

**** hurts. And don't I know it. But we gotta take it for what it is. Remember when Keaton Bat's merch simply... didn't exist?

I'm not saying take it to chin and smile.

Hell, I'm not sure what I'm sayin.

Edit: I think folk will be happy with their Batmobiles. One way or another. The very idea of believing this thing was gonna be 99.9999 percent perfect was setup for failure and hard feelings. That was never gonna be a reality.

A measly $2K ain't getting perfection. We all know this. Let's just hope the damn thing can do what's it's expected. Look dope af on a.. Whatever.

Last edited:
Personally, even if he’s now licensed, I still see Jazzinc like a prop maker. There will be maybe 2 000 units made, it’s nothing in comparison with HT production. So it’s always more expensive with « small » runs. And it didn’t guarantee you perfection even if it’s obviously Joost’s goal.
I’ve got others prop maker items and none of them are 100% perfects and I accept that.
Even HT with mass production factory ressources gets issues and QC problems.
All the little issues I’ve saw on test batches videos won’t ruin my pleasure to get this. Hope mine will be as perfect as possible indeed.
This car is awesome and already pulverizes the HT one. (I had and I loved).
On the last video, the rims color is super cool IMO.

Last edited:
So how do put this thing (as is) in terms of percentages...

Given the offs
Given the goods

(mind you, the final product is STILL not in hands yet)

Guesstimate

Currently, I'll give it a 7.5/10

Were they in the Specs as being Diecast? I honestly don't recall.
According to Solidus, Joost said his intentions were ever only to offer die cast bat emblems for the rims. If you want it to really last and look the part year after year, die cast rims are the way to go. It’s a shame truly, I wonder if it’s at all possible for someone to offer them?

It would take this from a detailed collectible toy, to a fully downscaled prop.

Were they in the Specs as being Diecast? I honestly don't recall.

MEA CULPA.
Found back the video where he announced the features . Diecast only for the Bat logo and not the entire rim.
IMG_5765.jpeg

Those injection mold dents and ridges are not good. I can't imagine Joost isn't disappointed with that.

vlcsnap-2024-09-11-09h41m30s561.png

vlcsnap-2024-09-11-09h28m41s359.png

vlcsnap-2024-09-11-09h28m55s381.png

Could it be over exposed by the camera?
Maybe it won’t be so noticeable in natural light?

It doesn’t seem to be the same scale than the HT… impressive.
IMG_5769.jpeg

IMG_5770.jpeg

IMG_5771.jpeg

Injection mold ridges are readily apparent in natural light, you can see it even better with how the reflective paint is affected by the warping.

jazzinc 1989 batmobile dent Untitled.png

Back