Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn it, man😒... I hate to say it, but I'm starting to have doubts about keeping my order. I'm usually pretty forgiving and not nearly as picky when it comes really minor QC issues. I know Jazzinc is capable of providing a premium product. I have their 1/6 Justice mobile along with the Batwing and they're flawless. With that said, the molds being the reason for those "indentations" on the body, using double sided tape or whatever to stick the bat emblem on the wheels due to weak magnets, amongst other concerns and especially at a $1500 price point is, imo, borderline unacceptable. I could've sworn I remember Jazzinc saying the wheels would be diecast before it went up for preorder but maybe i misheard... Anyways, I agree with what Captain Clown said, especially focusing more effort on how the Batmobile looks vs all the special effects that were added because, even though they're neat, I'll honestly never use them. I guess it's a good thing I'm in the 3rd batch because I'm giving Jazzinc the benefit of the doubt that all QC issues will be resolved by then. I don't want to cancel and super excited to get this but I'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
@Nick D Joost told me this in regards to the rims:

...because of the already very high weight, we did not make all of the rims diecast. Just the bat symbols as always mentioned.

I don't have any stake in this, but it seems like it would've been a matter of ounces rather than pounds to make the rims die cast. I guess it's always possible that they had a hard cutoff for the Batmobile's max weight and they didn't want to exceed it :dunno

That makes no sense, if you want your bat emblems to have a strong magnetic connection, your rims should be completely die cast. That’s not a lot of added weight to this thing, nor is that a lot of required detail for a mold. He can make it happen, just a matter of if he’s willing to halt production a bit. That should be done regardless imo. A few waitlist conversions should cover costs and we’re back in business, right? All of us would be willing to wait a while longer if it ensures a better product. This thing has been in development since November ‘22.

These mold indentations weren’t present on the prototype nor was there specs in the paint finish. Canopy also was completely flush.

Besides, just about everyone will be using a DF120 or garage shelf to display this, there are everyday power tools that’ll outweigh this.

Thanks anyways Solidus.

Canopy is missing a rubber piece under it in this test batch which is why it's not sitting properly. Joost has a video with the real shipment with the rubber piece installed and it's sitting flush.

But if those injection mold indentations are going to be in the final version, it's gonna irk me lol.

I don't think changing it to diecast rims can be that simple. He would probably need to reevaluate the pieces that support the wheels to see if it won't cause problems down the line. If that will be the case, then other parts need to be replaced.

The indentations though, how can they have not notice that? I would think they would have done a few trials to see how it comes out before assembling and sending out any test batch.

I mean it’s on a metal axle, can’t remember what he said was in the tires themselves to help prevent sagging, it’s been a while.

I’d love to see it done, the car is begging for it with this much detail. Make it a real model.
I want this to be the center piece in my display top shelf, front and center. I already canceled the 2.0 Keaton, I don’t want to cancel this. But I need it to be right, imperfections don’t look good next to this much detail.

That makes no sense, if you want your bat emblems to have a strong magnetic connection, your rims should be completely die cast. That’s not a lot of added weight to this thing, nor is that a lot of required detail for a mold. He can make it happen, just a matter of if he’s willing to halt production a bit. That should be done regardless imo. A few waitlist conversions should cover costs and we’re back in business, right? All of us would be willing to wait a while longer if it ensures a better product. This thing has been in development since November ‘22.

These mold indentations weren’t present on the prototype nor was there specs in the paint finish. Canopy also was completely flush.

Besides, just about everyone will be using a DF120 or garage shelf to display this, there are everyday power tools that’ll outweigh this.

Thanks anyways Solidus.

You're welcome :duff. But, man, I am just not asking anything more in that Facebook group :lol. Joost himself seemed to be in a pretty bad mood from that "Mr. Mom" debacle a week ago - I was pretty taken aback by his reaction.

It's probably best to raise concerns well before scheduled production. But, then again, it's hard to know their timeline, and actually do that unless you're part of the closed group and keeping track of the live updates/info as it filters in. JazzInc already has a YouTube channel and somewhat of a blog on their official site. But, they definitely need to find a better way to disseminate information and involve paying customers who don't have a Facebook account.

I went with the HT due to price, but honestly, the issues with this seem pretty minor to me. I'd still pick it over the HT if I could do it again.

I haven't seen anything that I would consider a dealbreaker for me just yet, but I've only seen just a few reviews posted in here. Definitely not enough for me to feel overly concerned with. I plan to just ride it out and if my individual order arrives with some glaring issue that I can't find myself capable of accepting, then I'll deal with it. To me, the money is already spent, out of sight, out of mind. Just gotta have faith, I think the car looks phenomenal. End of the day, these are all just privileged first world problems, complaining about toys.

I don’t think that’s a valid excuse, you can purchase a used car at these prices. It stops being a toy when you’re having to put down $300 NRDs before production even begins.

Any and all QC issues need to be dealt with promptly, nothing gets swept under the rug. This is JazzInc’s biggest project with the most eyes on it, can’t implode. Take a step back and recalculate your moves going forward. I don’t care how long the process takes, ensure your customers are satisfied before advancing on any later batch or any other project. Integrity must be front and center now more than ever. These are real issues, do I believe he has what it takes? I do.

I forget how popular FB is outside of the US.

I'd argue he's left himself wide open for someone to top it.
I don’t see a company willing to add all of these details and more for anything less than $2k. None of the big three will ever attempt it.

Respectfully disagree. All this has done is drawn attention to the market for this thing.

Then again, HT version. You maybe right. Idk.

It's officially licensed. Not a small thing to aquire.

Get ready for JND’s $25,000 seamless silicone Batmobile! :woo
I wasn't n't gonna say it... lol

Edit

Also, how did HT aquire the license, and thus proceed to give a inaccurate product?

We all know (I'm buying it) the HT version is not accurate.

Explain that to me. Wait. Nvm. They're entire figure roster is riddled with inaccurate sculpts.

The math's ain't mathin.

Last edited:
Hot Toys had their chance to really make their
re-release a true 2.0 and opted not to. InArt won’t
do it, nor will JND. No other company in 1:6 has the means or experience to make a vehicle at that level of detail.

Joost had inside help and specs from the people directly responsible for its very inception.
Lightning in a bottle really.

Is there an off chance that someone will buy the JazzInc version and try to study it in an attempt to make their own superior version? Sure, but without production funds that seems like just an idea.
Something at this level of detail in production sounds like a complete nightmare in every conceivable way.
There’s no money to be made in anyone attempting to make one better.

I think the only real competition for this is Hot Toys, especially at the same scale with a lower price point. But, it's probably a "wait and see", if they'll ever deliver on an improved 89 or just re-release the same car all over again - in like, 10 years.

Back