Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See post #630.
Thanks. I've read this entire thread but somehow I glossed over these posts. Respectfully, I don't agree with the conclusion.

I understand that this is a finished product and will not be changed at this point. I'm not demanding any refunds. I just wanted to know what people were seeing and where the bronze wheel idea came from. I may be in the minority, I may yet be conclusively proven incorrect, but I don't think these things were bronze. Just my opinion.

Do people find that to be a convincing photo? Unfortunately I don't. I hope there is something better than that. The wheels look about three different colors in that picture. How do you explain the closer, clearer pictures from the Japanese premier that aren't at all bronze?

Here's a still from the movie

.View attachment 729461
1727805231259.png

Genuine question, does this not look like a bronze color to you? To my eye it seems pretty clear that it is. I thought this had already been cleared up anyway by Joost.

Last edited:
I guess the broader question is, if it’s been “settled” or “cleared up”, was that done simply by eyeballing photos? Or, is there some kind of insider information from an unempeachable source? Looking at photos can be deceptive. Different angles, different light. It doesn’t always look exactly the same and people can disagree about exactly what it is.

Not even a little bit.
I guess the broader question is, if it’s been “settled” or “cleared up”, was that done simply by eyeballing photos? Or, is there some kind of insider information from an unempeachable source? Looking at photos can be deceptive. Different angles, different light. It doesn’t always look exactly the same and people can disagree about exactly what it is.

If it doesn't look like bronze to you then how about antique brass lol? The point is, it's not black. You can look at clips from the movie online and stop them and see that the rims have a bronze or brass hue of some kind. @JazzInc had a lot of access to design info via DC/WB so perhaps he can revisit this for you if he has time, but he didn't land on this color based on general consensus or a Facebook poll. Speaking of which, have you joined Jazzinc's closed Facebook group? That would be another place to pose your question. There are probably a few people in there that have this stuff memorized.

The paint on the ‘92 is more of a matte black, for starters.

I would not bet against Jazzinc doing a ‘92 Batmobile. Joost has committed to a lot of other vehicles but that’s not to say he’s not considering a ‘92. The engineering has already been done. The few tweaks needed to go from an ‘89 to a ‘92 are trivial. The main difference is the paint. And he has said that he would like to do all of the versions of the Batmobile that he can.

Besides, he knows he could sell at least 300 of them.
The '92 Returns Batmobile was gloss black and darkened wheels. The '89 had the "flip-flop" paint

Back