Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fully understand your point of view. It’s an expensive prop, you have to be satisfied with your purchase.
I can hear all the arguments above but, and it’s only my personal opinion, I can’t understand how someone can still claim that the rims should be silver since we know that Joost had access to the original source material and after that:
View attachment 732750
We may have to agree to disagree. There were multiple Batmobiles (3 or 4 according to Burton's commentary) and who knows how they've been restored over the years, but I'm judging based on the screen used 89 hero car which is what the Jazz Inc version is modeled after. I'm just not seeing any copper. There are also two clear insert shots of the wheels in the movie when Batman orders the shields up. At best they're weathered silver but not copper. You also have to take into account film lights and reflections. Batman is a dark movie so it's hard to judge these things. And Warner Bros. themselves made Joost change the machine gun bullets from brass to silver based on a grainy screenshot (480P VHS?) they themselves provided...so I wouldn't put much stock in WB or the "experts". I'm happy to be wrong but I just don't see it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 1.04.26 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 1.04.26 AM.png
    1.7 MB
  • Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 1.04.33 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 1.04.33 AM.png
    271.4 KB
Color grading of the film has a lot to do with it. Comes down to do you want what you saw on film or what it looked like IRL.

Because you're getting the latter.

Back