Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fully understand your point of view. It’s an expensive prop, you have to be satisfied with your purchase.
I can hear all the arguments above but, and it’s only my personal opinion, I can’t understand how someone can still claim that the rims should be silver since we know that Joost had access to the original source material and after that:
View attachment 732750
We may have to agree to disagree. There were multiple Batmobiles (3 or 4 according to Burton's commentary) and who knows how they've been restored over the years, but I'm judging based on the screen used 89 hero car which is what the Jazz Inc version is modeled after. I'm just not seeing any copper. There are also two clear insert shots of the wheels in the movie when Batman orders the shields up. At best they're weathered silver but not copper. You also have to take into account film lights and reflections. Batman is a dark movie so it's hard to judge these things. And Warner Bros. themselves made Joost change the machine gun bullets from brass to silver based on a grainy screenshot (480P VHS?) they themselves provided...so I wouldn't put much stock in WB or the "experts". I'm happy to be wrong but I just don't see it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 1.04.26 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 1.04.26 AM.png
    1.7 MB
  • Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 1.04.33 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 1.04.33 AM.png
    271.4 KB
Color grading of the film has a lot to do with it. Comes down to do you want what you saw on film or what it looked like IRL.

Because you're getting the latter.

So everyone thinks the wheels on the production car were actually this gold? I don't, but to each their own.

I saw some colored production photos of the hero car posted at the start of this thread (I probably should have skimmed the thread first before making my remarks, but it’s become a long thread!) which show the wheels and I’m still saying silver. 😂 I’m prepared to die on this hill. 🫡

Perhaps a silver with a slightly warm hue, with the addition of some weathering, would have been the way to go. Anyhow, at this point, it is what it is I guess.

@Rondesmo didn't you mod your HT Batmobile with black rims? Must say I always thought that looked cool. I used to assume that was accurate.

I will say that the bronze strikes me as odd. This is not me saying it isn't accurate to the real car - it may be, but I can kind of understand why HT went with silver to match the other side-detailing - although that raises the question of how they didn't notice that the turbine nose cone was also supposed to be silver.

Last edited:
Sadly, we wouldn’t even need to have this conversation if the rims were die-cast..
Instead we’re getting sound effects and smoke.

You’d think the rims would be the first
die-cast parts implemented on this.
Really a no brainer.

Sadly, we wouldn’t even need to have this conversation if the rims were die-cast..
Instead we’re getting sound effects and smoke.

You’d think the rims would be the first
die-cast parts implemented on this.
Really a no brainer.
?????
I don’t see how changing the rim material changes this particular conversation - diecast rims can be painted different colors as readily as plastic ones.

?????
I don’t see how changing the rim material changes this particular conversation - diecast rims can be painted different colors as readily as plastic ones.
Because with die-cast,
you’d see metal and its sheen, not opaque plastic.

Since they are not die-cast, they appear much more of a solid bronze than they ever should.

In other words, the solid color on plastic looks cheap
and knocks the realism we’re looking for here.
Tinted die-cast rims is what was needed here.

No one is talking about painting die-cast rims,
there shouldn’t be any paint covering them at all is my point.

Last edited:
Because with die-cast,

Since they are not die-cast, they appear much more of a solid bronze than they ever should.

I totally agree with the solid gold color on plastic making it look cheap. You're 100% correct on this.

Because with die-cast,

While I agree that the finish on the plastic rims could be improved, I think higher gloss paint along with quality weathering could achieve that.

I get where you’re coming from wanting metal rims, but die-cast metal is typically pretty cheap with a dull finish. To get the inherent sheen that you’re suggesting may require a higher quality metal than is affordable for this type of project. I’m not sure that deleting sound effects and smoke would cover the cost difference.

While I agree that the finish on the plastic rims could be improved, I think higher gloss paint along with quality weathering could achieve that.

I get where you’re coming from wanting metal rims, but die-cast metal is typically pretty cheap with a dull finish. To get the inherent sheen that you’re suggesting may require a higher quality metal than is affordable for this type of project. I’m not sure that deleting sound effects and smoke would cover the cost difference.
I’d be perfectly happy weathering the
die-cast rims myself if we were getting them.
Hell I’d even be fine if JazzInc wanted to charge
$200 more for the inclusion of them.

I can work with die-cast, not sure if I can make these opaque bronze rims look screen accurate, any shade of paint will just coat them which defeats the purpose of altering their color. We’ll never be able to make these sport a convincing metal finish.

I’m very curious to see if anyone decides to turn this into the Returns version with black rims. Of course it wouldn’t be entirely accurate without the wipers but imo it’d look better than this current bronze we’re getting.

Back