Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if you're going to spend $1800, what's another $1800 to hire a DP to light your dented Batmobile. Then, learn how to not tilt your head and you'll be fine. (Perhaps wear an 89 Batman cowl when looking at it?) ;)

@Nick D Man I'm still contemplating canceling. Been trying to find more pics and vids of in-hand users just to see how invisible or apparent the injection mold dents are and how much it'd bother me. Anytime there's some specular sheen they're going to show up. Are you still keeping yours?

View attachment 733453
View attachment 733454
I’m more distracted by that acid splotched Batsuit than the injection mold folds, I think the dents give the car some character.

Joost could have said nothing about the injection process and probably wouldn’t have bothered as many people. As he mentioned, the curves he was able to achieve are better at some angles than the original car could pull off with core moulds.

I’ll proudly display this with the batwing, 66, 95, the Plymo-triton and the OG justice mobile.

This car even with its nits makes the hot toys 89’ look like a matchbox toy.

@Nick D Man I'm still contemplating canceling. Been trying to find more pics and vids of in-hand users just to see how invisible or apparent the injection mold dents are and how much it'd bother me. Anytime there's some specular sheen they're going to show up. Are you still keeping yours?
I am as well if I’m being honest.

Thankfully my order has been pushed to January so
I have a bit of time to see more examples of what it’ll be.

I think ultimately, I must see this reviewed in a Moducase DF120 with cool white lighting, as that’s what I own now (DF1801). If the dents and off-putting inaccurate rims are clearly visible in that setting, it’s a wrap.

They absolutely must not be visible in that setting as there’s zero ability to adjust the light that blankets it. I have more faith the rim color will be a bit more subtle under those conditions, but not injection molding, we’ll see. I mean, we’ve seen some major indentations by the wheel well (think BC review). That’s not something our minds made up all by themselves.

I will say, it’s odd we haven’t seen anyone review it like that, as that’s the obvious choice to display it in. I can’t believe some people will actually display this with no coverage, all of that dust, all in the cracks and crevices finding its way into the vents unable to ever be removed.

I will say, it’s annoying that people think we should expect any quality for $1,800 USD just because the car features details only JazzInc has implemented, that’s not a valid reason at all.

I am as well if I’m being honest.

Thankfully my order has been pushed to January so
I have a bit of time to see more examples of what it’ll be.

I think ultimately, I must see this reviewed in a Moducase DF120 with cool white lighting, as that’s what I own now (DF1801). If the dents and off-putting inaccurate rims are clearly visible in that setting, it’s a wrap.

They absolutely must not be visible in that setting as there’s zero ability to adjust the light that blankets it. I have more faith the rim color will be a bit more subtle under those conditions, but not injection molding, we’ll see. I mean, we’ve seen some major indentations by the wheel well (think BC review). That’s not something our minds made up all by themselves.

I will say, it’s odd we haven’t seen anyone review it like that, as that’s the obvious choice to display it in. I can’t believe some people will actually display this with no coverage, all of that dust, all in the cracks and crevices finding its way into the vents unable to ever be removed.

I will say, it’s annoying that people think we should expect any quality for $1,800 USD just because the car features details only JazzInc has implemented, that’s not a valid reason at all.
It is a very difficult decision. Like every one, I wanted this to be great so badly I was willing to forgive a lot. But, imho, those dents are not acceptable at any price point, much less $1800.

It is worth considering that at some point Jazz will almost certainly do a Returns vehicle. If that happens you can bet the number one concern among would-be buyers will be those dents. The wheels + turbine + mesh would also be black and not as controversial and the semigloss clear coat would be more accurate to the Returns vehicle. They may also address other defects and inaccuracies such as the brass bullets + their orientation, the lights in the cockpit, the magnetic emblems, and the locking mechanisms on the guns. A canopy that actually locks and isn’t just gently held in place by silicone feet would also be nice but, who knows.

I think your last remark is spot-on. It’s great that the Jazz Inc Batmobile is the correct length and shape, and there are other details that are admirable (the lettering on the tires, the bolts on the gun covers) but sadly these things don’t outweigh the inaccuracies + manufacturing defects. We all want to believe but in our heart of hearts, if we search our feelings, we know the truth. 😮

It is a very difficult decision. Like every one, I wanted this to be great so badly I was willing to forgive a lot. But, imho, those dents are not acceptable at any price point, much less $1800.

It is worth considering that at some point Jazz will almost certainly do a Returns vehicle. If that happens you can bet the number one concern among would-be buyers will be those dents. The wheels + turbine + mesh would also be black and not as controversial and the semigloss clear coat would be more accurate to the Returns vehicle. They may also address other defects and inaccuracies such as the brass bullets + their orientation, the lights in the cockpit, the magnetic emblems, and the locking mechanisms on the guns. A canopy that actually locks and isn’t just gently held in place by silicone feet would also be nice but, who knows.

I think your last remark is spot-on. It’s great that the Jazz Inc Batmobile is the correct length and shape, and there are other details that are admirable (the lettering on the tires, the bolts on the gun covers) but sadly these things don’t outweigh the inaccuracies + manufacturing defects. We all want to believe but in our heart of hearts, if we search our feelings, we know the truth. 😮

What a couple of “Debbie Downers!”

I reserve the right to make up my own mind. This car is a _masterpiece_ as far as I can tell. The “dents” you refer to are hardly dents; they are just very minor mold imperfections that can be found in almost any everyday object in this modern world. Most people never notice these.

I wouldn’t hold out hope for a ‘92 version that’ll manage to eliminate your “dents” any time soon.

But don’t let me stop you from holding your breath.

Z

Those rose-colored glasses look good on you. I used to own a pair myself. ;)

But seriously, no one is trying to rain on your parade. If you think the value for money is there and it's a piece you'll enjoy, that's great, go for it.

And why is it when they do something wrong they're "my dents"? They're your dents too.

I reserve the right to make up my own mind. This car is a _masterpiece_ as far as I can tell. The “dents” you refer to are hardly dents; they are just very minor mold imperfections that can be found in almost any everyday object in this modern world. Most people never notice these.

I wouldn’t hold out hope for a ‘92 version that’ll manage to eliminate your “dents” any time soon.

Z
You can’t be serious.
If this was Hot Toys’ doing, you’d **** all over it.

IMG_4954.png

IMG_4955.jpeg

IMG_4956.jpeg

IMG_4957.png

And why is it when they do something wrong they're "my dents"? They're your dents too.

No. They are not dents. I put that in quotes for you for a reason. I do not accept your use of the term.

What we _can_ see are actually only minor surface discrepancies due to the pressure the mold makes and the hardness (or lack) of the plastic. This manifests as nano level variations in the surfaces, which can never resolve as optically flat. These angstrom scale variations in depth reflect light at different angles which we may see as a different shade. They are not dents.

Z

Yikes. Well, if there's anything positive to be said about the dents, they would help take the focus off the botched paint job.

I really like Joost and what he's trying to offer, but perhaps it's time for Jazz to find new manufacturing partners who are more skilled and have higher standards when it comes to quality control.

Last edited:
No. They are not dents. I put that in quotes for you for a reason. I do not accept your use of the term.

What we _can_ see are actually only minor surface discrepancies due to the pressure the mold makes and the hardness (or lack) of the plastic. This manifests as nano level variations in the surfaces, which can never resolve as optically flat. These angstrom scale variations in depth reflect light at different angles which we may see as a different shade. They are not dents.

Z
Respectfully, just listen to yourself. This is insanity. You're literally describing the word dent:
Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 10.12.15 AM.png

perhaps it's time for Jazz to find new manufacturing partners who are more skilled and have higher standards when it comes to quality control.
He’s stated a lot of them are ex Hot Toys & InArt people, I guess we know why they didn’t make the cut huh.

Not to mention Joost tried to shame me into canceling my own PO due to mentioning these issues here.

I told him I didn’t want to eat a $300 deposit which is the reason he’s offering people full refunds, you’re welcome everyone. Even bragging about how no one cancelled, eventually, people did.

Last edited:
Thank you, Nick D! 🙏 If I couldn't get my deposit back, that may have been enough for me to keep my order and I'd be stuck trying to sell it. I wouldn't want the hassle.

I’ve heard of the great customer service from Joost and really even refunding the NRD here is highly appreciated and it’s extremely unlikely any other company would have done this or even engaged with us.

Sadly those dents bothered me enough after seeing those new pics that I ended up sending in a request for a cancellation. Hot Toys messing up their own cheaper products doesn’t make me feel more content about those dents showing up.

I think people who complain aren’t used to prop makers.
I mean, even if Joost is now licensed, he still can be considered as a prop maker IMO. His manufacturing resources are so small compared to big companies like HT.
I’ve got several objects from prop makers and they are often way more accurate and better than licensed products from big companies.
But yeah, due to limited manufacturing capacities, they also have very little imperfections. And I don’t care. They are just so better!
If you think that HT or Inart could produce the same level of accuracy and details for the same price I can guarantee you that you’re deeply wrong.
For the same level these studios would instantly charge 3 000 or 4 000 $…
You want absolute perfection? Put the money on the table.
After 15 years in this hobby, I can guarantee you that’s a steal for the price.

Then let’s see a prototype that reflects the capable quality of the manufactured product - dents, orange peel and all. If you promise customers filet mignon, charge them for filet mignon, but then serve them McDonald’s, yeah people are going to complain and rightfully so.

Z
I'm certain nobody here is attempting to make your mind up for you.

I legit stopped reading after that 🤔

That's the problem around here, any difference in opinion is looked at as attempting to sway others. Absolute nonsense.

Catching up on this thread - it is still possible to cancel and get all the payment refunded?
Yes, but you have to email Jazz and request the cancellation before shipment. All of my payments were refunded as separate transactions and were processed quickly. While the final product wasn’t for me, no complaints with their customer service. 👍

Back