Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joost said he might be able to revisit moving eyes if pre-order numbers are great.

Wow! I’m impressed!

I’m also glad to see that they haven’t abandoned the tongue-out sculpt. I know some don’t care for it but I’m hoping to have my clean version posed with the canary coming out of her mouth. With _six_ total sculpts to choose from, surely we can have at least one that’s freaky. (HT would never offer freaky options like that!)

I am concerned about the duplicate bases in the deluxe double packs. Who wants _two_ identical bases???

I think, as more incentive to order the double deluxe packs, Jazzinc should include an all new diorama base with the bird cage. I know both of these bases would not suit each figure because they’re meant for use with the all new clean version. But I can’t think of a suitable base for the BD version that is as compelling as the bird cage.

C’mon people! This update is EXCITING!!!
We are almost at pre-order stage!

I'm a bit disappointed that they're going with the sad head for the basic battle damaged version rather than the angrier side-eye one. That was the one I was hoping to get.

IMG_3369.jpeg

The middle? That’s the best likeness to Michelle for $300 bucks we could get from this. Gritted teeth works for one pose and isn’t as invoking of the character, a main advertise-able sculpt would be the center.

In his latest stream it seems like it will be -

Standard Clean - one sculpt, one figure

Standard Battle Damaged - one sculpt, one figure

Deluxe - 3 Sculpts for Clean, 3 sculpts for Battle Damaged, one clean body, one battle damaged, one big Hello There diorama base.

It didn’t sound like he’ll offer deluxe versions of each separately outside of the big deluxe pack.

Don’t like the tongue out sculpt at all.

The DX version will be sold as a 2-pack or individually (clean or BD) with the 3 sculpts. If you go with the 2-pack, you’ll get two of the same diorama bases.

Looks like Jazz put basic sculpts for both of the basic versions. This was expected to opt everyone to go with the DX versions to get the sculpts that we actually wanted. One version (BD DX) is all I need.

They’re scrapping the slight smile sculpt, and replacing it with a weird slight-smile-gritted-teeth head.

From this:

View attachment 720334

To this:

View attachment 720335

The slight smile was the best (and most usable) head that was going to be included with the clean figure. That’s a damn shame. I hope they reconsider.

Joost replied:

"actually, Shawn and I have been discussing this very thing. We will be painting both of these for prototype and then put it to a vote for which of those is best."

Hopefully facebook people vote for the right one :ROFLMAO:

Here’s a screen grab of his product matrix.
The DX version will be sold as a 2-pack or individually (clean or BD) with the 3 sculpts. If you go with the 2-pack, you’ll get two of the same diorama bases.

Looks like Jazz put basic sculpts for both of the basic versions. This was expected to opt everyone to go with the DX versions to get the sculpts that we actually wanted. One version (BD DX) is all I need.
Thanks guys, that’s strange that both versions would feature the same diorama base. Would think a smaller base would make more sense for the battle damaged version, like wet concrete or something like the finale?

I’m not sure which version I’m leaning towards, I suppose it depends on which sculpt out of the six looks most like Pfeiffer.
Most likely deluxe depending on price, not interested in a single figure deluxe for $600.

The middle? That’s the best likeness to Michelle for $300 bucks we could get from this. Gritted teeth works for one pose and isn’t as invoking of the character, a main advertise-able sculpt would be the center.

Yes, according to the video the middle one is the main sculpt for the standard BD version. I do like it but I don't really agree with you that it isn't as evocative of the character - she was pretty pissed off at that point in the film. I think the sculpt on the right might have been a happier medium between the angry side-eye and the sadder one (which is an expression she really only makes after Bruce rips his cowl off).

I guess it all depends on the price of the BD deluxe for me now. I was hoping not to throw $600 at this. :lol

Yes, according to the video the middle one is the main sculpt for the standard BD version. I do like it but I don't really agree with you that it isn't as evocative of the character - she was pretty pissed off at that point in the film. I think the sculpt on the right might have been a happier medium between the angry side-eye and the sadder one (which is an expression she really only makes after Bruce rips his cowl off).

I guess it all depends on the price of the BD deluxe for me now. I was hoping not to throw $600 at this. :lol
Haha I’m right along with you. I said $600 as well, too much for a single figure of the character in the experimental phase.

I do like the far left sculpt, it’s just that I wouldn’t want to pose her hunched over like that long term for the sculpt to make sense I suppose. I really see her with their efforts on the middle sculpt and to me, it looks like their leading product here for sure.

Thanks guys, that’s strange that both versions would feature the same diorama base. Would think a smaller base would make more sense for the battle damaged version, like wet concrete or something like the finale?

I’m not sure which version I’m leaning towards, I suppose it depends on which sculpt out of the six looks most like Pfeiffer.
Most likely deluxe depending on price, not interested in a single figure deluxe for $600.

Yea two of the same is a bit extreme, especially for the size of it and think it’ll look funny with both versions standing on one.

My prediction will be $500 for individual DX versions and $800 for the discounted 2-pack. I may just bite on the 2-pack if price doesn’t exceed that.

Hmmm. The Basic is too basic and the Ultimate DX is too ultimate. Why can't there just be a DX? :lol
IMG_3649.jpeg

One deluxe two pack
Two basic standards
Two deluxe standards

The two pack ultimate is insane, gotta be a die hard fan I’d imagine. I’m kind of keen on the Ultimate DX Battle Damaged while waiting for someone else to offer the more likely clean variant.

Then there's a deluxe 2 pack...now that could be the Ultimate Dx.
Stating it as a two pack instead of an “ultimate deluxe” better helps differentiate that; yes you’re getting two figures with this version to the hollowed skulls in the back.

The amount of confusion amongst what version to order the InArt Ledger was laughable to a point “Is this one with the jail scene or rooted hair”.

Then there's a deluxe 2 pack...now that could be the Ultimate Dx.
Stating it as a two pack instead of an “ultimate deluxe” better helps differentiate that; yes you’re getting two figures with this version to the hollowed skulls in the back.

The amount of confusion amongst what version to order the InArt Ledger was laughable to a point “Is this one with the jail scene or rooted hair”.

And that's the elephant in the room @JazzInc @sdabbs

A premium figure with 1 sculpt only and no rolling eyes is a no no. It's unheard of at this point. Most especially for the character in question.

In a sense, the deluxe is the only sensible set with all the different options it comes with. But it might not be what everybody (or the vast majority) is looking for.

When you ran those polls, I'm certain people were under the impression that they would get a standard figure with 3 sculpts, instead of a standard with the rolling eyes.

There should at least be an offering for 1 figure with 3 sculpts.

$300 for the basic figure without movable eyes and only one expression from an unproven company is a total ripoff.

The two pack comes with two identical dioramas? That seems a bit silly.

Wont both figures will fit on one diorama base? One diorama and two regular bases would make more sense.

Back