Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want the clean figure, with the three sculpts, and no diorama base. Heck, I'm fine with no base at all.

The diorama base has too large a footprint, and it will only add to the overall cost, and shipping.
Same. But that's not gonna happen because we gotta help carry JazzInc with a reasonable clearance to their overhead costs. Which, grudgingly, I'm OK with.

I think Joost is well aware of this and is considering what to do.

Like he said, he wants to make the best Catwoman possible. I think he will. In the end, I'm just happy to be getting -- at long last -- a great representation of the character.

Going to be a long wait until end of September though...

Daily reminder that I'M STILL NOT canceling my Eternal Toys Cat Lady.

I swore years ago I'd blindly support any company that attempts to tackle a Returns Catwoman.

I'm going down with the ship gd.

Edit: someone make a meme of Terminator 2 being lowered into lava, holding up the Eternal Toys Cat Lady product pic. 😂

Last edited:
I can't believe most people are ignoring the clean version. When I think of Catwoman, her looking like she got tossed into a wood chipper isn't what comes to mind.

I've always considered BD versions more of a companion piece. Not the main representation of the character. 🤷

Most of us feel the same way.

But we’re not looking at it the same, the likeness is just stronger on the BD DX currently and no other company will give us that version of Catwoman, not even years from now. Whereas the clean version is going to get made soon by someone.
What Nasty Nick said. The BD just has that perfect expressive sculpt that out-emotes every other figure in my collection. It's a must-have.
Multiple clean versions are no doubt on the way. That's just the nature of collecting now- plus- none of the Standard sculpts are really doing it for me. The smirk was my favourite and that's likely to be scrapped thanks to the wisdom of the facebook crowd.

He says what’s included will be solely dependent on how well sales go during the PO stage, this strategy doesn’t work for the standard releases like it does a single release like his vehicles.

People aren’t going to gamble with their wallets on a standard version getting a second sculpt later when the deluxe option is set in stone in front of them. If you offer an extra sculpt in the standard package later, that will rub deluxe buyers the wrong way.
Been thinking this for a while. I'm not likely to place an order until all the contents of each set are finalised.

As we currently stand, I'd order a DX set because the best sculps are locked behind the DX pricetag, but then- if this figure proves popular (which it should)- the Standard figures might end up getting additional sculpts, mouthplates, rolling eyes, accesories, or whatever else added to them. In that case, I would no longer want the DX set because I don't actually care about the diorama.

It seems in our best interest to not place an order and let the masses boost the numbers untill Joost has determined all the additional goodies he can throw in, and then I'll make my decision- unless there's a limited PO window...

Either way, it's pretty hard to decide what to get when the options are all guaranteed to change down the road.

One thing is certain though- I will not pursue any set that results in rceeiving the double dumb duplicate diorama deal.

Yes $550 sounds like a lot, but JazzInc doesn’t cover numbers enough to significantly drop his margins, they’re already razor thin. Again, not our problem, but he’s at least trying for us and that scores points in my book.

The 1989 Batmobile felt like a lot at $1,500 in 2023, now it feels like a steal. Even the V2 HT is starting to push towards the JazzInc PO price and it just fully released.

Can I say with utmost confidence that this will come out as good as that? No, and neither can he, but he’s trying. Admittedly to where he’s stepping on his own toes trying to please everyone with a budget release despite not really having HT kind of clearance to sell something so cheap.

Here's a thought. To all legit companies.

Worry about the figure. And it's absolutely NECESSARY accessories. Dios are becoming problematic for multiple reasons. They add cost, obviously. They pad out a 'perceived' lack of value.

I'm here to tell ya, there are likely far more people that have ZERO interest in dios being included (even in a DX) than not. These things should be seperate releases and optional add-ons.

The majority of DX owners will not use them. And they are not what generally pushes customers to buy a DX.

Here's a thought. To all legit companies.

Worry about the figure. And it's absolutely NECESSARY accessories. Dios are becoming problematic for multiple reasons. They add cost, obviously. They pad out a 'perceived' lack of value.

I'm here to tell ya, there are likely far more people that have ZERO interest in dios being included (even in a DX) than not. These things should be seperate releases and optional add-ons.

The majority of DX owners will not use them. And they are not what generally pushes customers to buy a DX.
Yeah for real. Imagine all of the JazzInc diehards who own everything he’s made, on top of all the products from other companies.

They’re now looking at this deluxe two pack with two massive dioramas, first JazzInc figure in.

If he wants to keep his day one customer base, he’s going to have to downsize what product he puts out. We can’t be ten JazzInc figure releases in with massive dios for each of them, releasing along side his massive vehicles and dios included with other releases.

Someone copy JND for once already.

Yeah for real. Imagine all of the JazzInc diehards who own everything he’s made, on top of all the products from other companies.

They’re now looking at this deluxe two pack with two massive dioramas, first JazzInc figure in.

If he wants to keep his day one customer base, he’s going to have to downsize what product he puts out. We can’t be ten JazzInc figure releases in with massive dios for each of them, releasing along side his massive vehicles and dios included with other releases.

Someone copy JND for once already.
Yeah, pretty much. I mean, what do you think I'm going to do when I open up my DX Catwoman?

I'm going to do the very same thing I always do with every figure. Gonna pick the figure up, and set it aside. I'm going to completely ignore the figure, because I have work to do.

I have to go through the accessories and in this case, a huge, unnecessary (for my needs) dio and i gotta seperate it into a "Ebay" pile. I've always been fair with my prices, the Dio will sell quickly for $100 or so.

That's $100 off the "$550" we're all guessing at.

So $450. I can live with that. But even if I was interested in the dio, I've no room for that. No more than most collectors do. These are not 6 inch collectibles. They're consume a fair amount of space when you own multiples.

Get that dio the FECK outta my house. Idgf how good it looks, I didn't commit to a Returns Catwoman figure with all my hopes and dreams for it based on a gd dio.

Yeah Catwoman looks best near Batman anyways to me, not in front of her apartment balcony. I’d never use it regardless of the level of detail put into it.

Having said that, I’m still intrigued to see how Joost pulls off that neon sign, I’d like that in my Moducase lit up, but don’t think it’s worth the space for an entire dio separating her from Returns Batman.

I always can’t help but feel like a figure is set to suffer the moment attention is diverted from the meat and potatoes, imagine the detail we could get from him out of a $550 Catwoman with no Diorama.

I thought the diorama base was going to be an optional add-on when it was first mentioned, separate from a deluxe version. Would have preferred that. As soon as I saw people on facebook say they want a light-up display that says hell here, I was just thinking they have no idea how much more money they're adding to the figure without actually improving the figure in anyway.

I thought the diorama base was going to be an optional add-on when it was first mentioned, separate from a deluxe version. Would have preferred that. As soon as I saw people on facebook say they want a light-up display that says hell here, I was just thinking they have no idea how much more money they're adding to the figure without actually improving the figure in anyway.
Exactly, the freaks seem to be the only ones with common sense around here. FB reads like “how much can we squeeze out of Joost” instead of let’s make an Ultimate Catwoman.

I was just thinking they have no idea how much more money they're adding to the figure without actually improving the figure in anyway.
Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

I'd be completely fine prolonging the targeted preorder time frame until Joost reads all of this and takes it into consideration and possibly decides another path forward.

But FB would have an absolute meltdown, obviously.

Back