Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Penguin doesn't need a diorama.
But he should have his duck.

Imagine the size of that box.

608358-duckcarpenguinburton-620x.jpg

I did laugh at the many angry, disgruntled responses from people feeling cheated already, even though we didn't even launch yet, let alone finalised the contents of every SKU. Especially since we are known for throwing in free extras and upgrades after preorders opened if support is high. So much can still change. As for the diorama bases for the DX, I have not decided yet if we will make a separate one for the Battle Damaged, or use the suggestion to just to the double pack with just one or another option I am considering.

Point is, we have a long way to go. I think after all these years, we have earned some trust and we always overdeliver if you look at initial pre-order packages and final production contents. I am listening and we will make this the best catwoman we can make.

We will not be able to please everybody because like in other groups, some opinions I've read are the exact opposite of others that are just as certain of their own judgement. Believe me when I say I read everything and am always open to good ideas. About pricing, diorama, sculpts, accessories... everything...
It's still early as you've said and I may be off base here but I think having a choice of head A, B or C for both basic releases would please a lot of customers. Some people might have to choose to go one route only (clean or BD) when they'd like both but paying for both deluxe versions (to get the heads they prefer) is problematic.

It's still early as you've said and I may be off base here but I think having a choice of head A, B or C for both basic releases would please a lot of customers. Some people might have to choose to go one route only (clean or BD) when they'd like both but paying for both deluxe versions (to get the heads they prefer) is problematic.
I agree that would be ideal for us the consumer, but from a manufacturing standpoint, that’s a lot of different versions that would require multiple variant boxes therefore either limiting his budget or raising the overall bottom line.

Not to mention, what are they gonna do with all the sculpts people don't buy?
Exactly, you can’t put your best work in each standard version when you have more product to sell in order to get the project off the ground. He needs deluxe sales.

As for the diorama bases for the DX, I have not decided yet if we will make a separate one for the Battle Damaged, or use the suggestion to just to the double pack with just one or another option I am considering.

Good to hear. I'm personally less concerned with the dio as I don't use them, but two of the same of course seemed silly and likely not to happen.

Are the head expressions chosen for the standard releases set in stone, or is that still something to be considered? I'm not on FB so not sure if that was a poll decision or simply based on accrued posts over time. I think, with the name and all, you might want to "jazz" it up a bit with some really distinctive expressions in the single packs. :D

Also, I really like the sculpted corset. I would usually go real-fabric, but in this case it is obvious which will look better.

I agree that would be ideal for us the consumer, but from a manufacturing standpoint, that’s a lot of different versions that would require multiple variant boxes therefore either limiting his budget or raising the overall bottom line.
There would be 6 "basic" versions instead of 2 but it's not like you'd need multiple art boxes - a simple black box with (for example) a code at the end of the product name would suffice - clean versions could be CA, CB or CC, battle damaged versions BD, BE or BF. There are 2 bodies and 6 heads involved in this release - from a manufacturing standpoint that's not a lot of complexity to manage. Joost could just do art boxes for the two deluxe versions. Keep the basic version boxes basic. We're paying for what's inside the box - that's where the $300 should be going.

Not to mention, what are they gonna do with all the sculpts people don't buy?
Where are these extra sculpts coming from? Based on the orders Joost will know how many of each sculpt he'll need to produce. It's simple math.

Exactly, you can’t put your best work in each standard version when you have more product to sell in order to get the project off the ground. He needs deluxe sales.
I would argue that he needs sales period to get the project off the ground. Giving people options could drive more sales. Right now I only like one clean head but it's not offered in the basic release. If it was I'd buy the clean basic and deluxe BD (assumes this combo is less $ than the two deluxes). As it stands now I'd probably only buy the deluxe BD.

You're talking about a made_to_order process. I don't think that's how production was ever intended to be based on this release.

But it definitely would be great for the buyer, I agree.

I have my own math as well, and end up where you do -- at the BD deluxe.

But again, we still don't know the deluxe pricing. Will it be InArt pricing? Or will it be more than the standard but still reasonable?

I would like both Catwomen, despite my shelf limits, but I don't want to pay for a lot of stuff that remains in the box. That's why I'm more interested in the possibility that one or both head choices could be changed.

In my mind, there simply is no way around it. A single sculpt for the standard figs will not work for the vast majority of people, especially those who are price conscious.

I personally think he should scrap the standard versions if he cannot offer either A. The most desirable sculpt per version, or B. He was a bit short sighted on what he could offer in a $300 package.

He says what’s included will be solely dependent on how well sales go during the PO stage, this strategy doesn’t work for the standard releases like it does a single release like his vehicles.

People aren’t going to gamble with their wallets on a standard version getting a second sculpt later when the deluxe option is set in stone in front of them. If you offer an extra sculpt in the standard package later, that will rub deluxe buyers the wrong way.

Well, if I'm buying the more expensive deluxe to get one particular head, and then for whatever reason, the single is updated to two heads -- one of which is the head I want -- then I just spent extra money for a '3rd head and a dio' that I didn't really want and could have just gotten the standard.

That's the problem.

I really don't think the standard will get more heads. The head it comes with could change though... that's all I'm saying. :)

It’s still unknown what DX preorders would get if numbers are good, I can’t imagine they get nothing while standard editions get an extra head sculpt. Joost also said they can still revisit moveable eyes if preorders are good.

I see the dilema. I closes the gap a bit. I'm not convinced that's a deal breaker for DX buyers though.
It is if the two BD sculpts you really want but can only currently get through the Deluxe, become available to the standard release. Now you’ve bought a dio you have no interest in along with a third sculpt for possibly $250 more.

Well, if I'm buying the more expensive deluxe to get one particular head, and then for whatever reason, the single is updated to two heads -- one of which is the head I want -- then I just spent extra money for a '3rd head and a dio' that I didn't really want and could have just gotten the standard.

That's the problem.

I really don't think the standard will get more heads. The head it comes with could change though... that's all I'm saying. :)
Again, same thoughts. We’ve got to stop.

It is if the two BD sculpts you really want but can only currently get through the Deluxe, become available to the standard release. Now you’ve bought a dio you have no interest in along with a third sculpt for possibly $250 more.
Well the $250 increase of price for the DX is so off the mark that it's kind of sad, in a hilarious kind of way.

I'd feel cheated at $300 for a single sculpt standard fig.

And I'd feel sexually assaulted at $550 for the DX. I'm either a sucker or a gimp in this lol.

That's the problem.

Definitely agree with this. I could live without the dio so if the standard got two of the three heads I'd go for that over deluxe.

Back