Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
81a5f084700f0356da3ba39724e8e231.jpg

Even with a discount, the two diorama fiasco completely disincentivises me from wanting to order the deluxe two-pack. That's just nonsensical to me and I won't support that kind of decision making.

I'm leaning heavily towards just getting the DX Batlle Damaged figure now- and I'm only considering the DX because the standard doesn't come with the best head- an obvious ploy to push buyers towards the pricier package. Due to poor head choices, the $300 standard figures are essentially obsolete.

I might just wait for InArt/Mars/JND to provide a clean Catwoman and could then use the Jazz diorama from the DX with that.

Man, the pre-production phase on this thing sure is a rollercoaster.

I’m thinking pricing -

• $300 Standard Clean
  • $300 Standard Battle Damaged
  • $550 Ultimate Deluxe Clean
  • $550 Ultimate Deluxe Battle Damaged
  • $950 Ultimate Deluxe Two Pack (after discount)

$800 for the ultimate deluxe two pack seems like wishful thinking -

Two large dios, two fully detailed clothed seamless bodies, six headsculpts, whip, taser, cat, metal claws on 16 hands… from JazzInc, vehicles are at a standard rate of $1,500, it’ll definitely push $1k.
$550 USD would be quite steep! Especially for Canadians like me 😬

I really want the six sculpts but if that package is close to 1k as speculated I'd have to sell quite a few figures and streamline the collection.

If I just get one deluxe it's an almost impossible choice between clean and battle damaged. Big decisions ahead.

So much for “in line with hot toys pricing” (if the deluxe is near $500 that is)

I thought the 3 headsculpts were to “make up” for no moveable eyes , not to increase it drastically and adding dioramas

Seeing that JP joker is $340 I’ll feel cheated if this is anywhere near $500

Unfortunately im one of those that’ll buy the double pack anyways. I’m weak lol but something about the way they’re handling this seems off to me

So much for “in line with hot toys pricing” (if the deluxe is near $500 that is)

I thought the 3 headsculpts were to “make up” for no moveable eyes , not to increase it drastically and adding dioramas

Seeing that JP joker is $340 I’ll feel cheated if this is anywhere near $500

Unfortunately im one of those that’ll buy the double pack anyways. I’m weak lol but something about the way they’re handling this seems off to me

I'm sure this will go through a few changes here and there as the project moves along. If this is a booming success Joost may have a lot more room to tweak.
Yes that's how it always goes and I read all comments everywhere and filter out what is good and useable and makes sense, so there will be improvement along the way, but we need to know the pre-order numbers after the September launch to know where we're really at and what budget we're really working with

I know Star Ace is not especially well regarded in this forum but there is one practice that they have that Jazzinc should consider adopting.

Most of the Harryhausen figures Star Ace offers come in both “Standard” and “Deluxe” versions. The Deluxe version usually is just the boxed Standard with a separately boxed diorama base. Two boxes, usually shrink wrapped together.

If Jazzinc decided to box their figures and dioramas separately, then when it came time to ship someone their combined Deluxe Double pack, they’d just have to include two Deluxe figure set boxes with _one_ diorama base.

This may indeed be Joost’s plan. The price matrix he showed in that video was probably rushed and he may not realize that it’s showing the Deluxe Double pack coming with two diorama bases.

I really don’t think he intends to ship two diorama bases with that discounted Deluxe Double pack. It makes no sense for shipping reasons alone. And nobody needs two identical bases that only complement one of the two figures.

Again, I think we shouldn’t freak out just yet. Let’s wait and see what is actually offered when pre-orders go live.

Attachments

• IMG_5613.jpeg
    IMG_5613.jpeg
    688.9 KB · Views: 0
Yes that's how it always goes and I read all comments everywhere and filter out what is good and useable and makes sense, so there will be improvement along the way, but we need to know the pre-order numbers after the September launch to know where we're really at and what budget we're really working with
After Hot Toys misfired with their 1989 Keaton 2.0, I believe a lot of us here would sign up instantly for an accurately made suit from both ‘89 & ‘92.

Again, I think we shouldn’t freak out just yet. Let’s wait and see what is actually offered when pre-orders go live.
I did laugh at the many angry, disgruntled responses from people feeling cheated already, even though we didn't even launch yet, let alone finalised the contents of every SKU. Especially since we are known for throwing in free extras and upgrades after preorders opened if support is high. So much can still change. As for the diorama bases for the DX, I have not decided yet if we will make a separate one for the Battle Damaged, or use the suggestion to just to the double pack with just one or another option I am considering.

Point is, we have a long way to go. I think after all these years, we have earned some trust and we always overdeliver if you look at initial pre-order packages and final production contents. I am listening and we will make this the best catwoman we can make.

We will not be able to please everybody because like in other groups, some opinions I've read are the exact opposite of others that are just as certain of their own judgement. Believe me when I say I read everything and am always open to good ideas. About pricing, diorama, sculpts, accessories... everything...

I did laugh at the many angry, disgruntled responses from people feeling cheated already, even though we didn't even launch yet, let alone finalised the contents of every SKU. Especially since we are known for throwing in free extras and upgrades after preorders opened if support is high. So much can still change. As for the diorama bases for the DX, I have not decided yet if we will make a separate one for the Battle Damaged, or use the suggestion to just to the double pack with just one or another option I am considering.

Point is, we have a long way to go. I think after all these years, we have earned some trust and we always overdeliver if you look at initial pre-order packages and final production contents. I am listening and we will make this the best catwoman we can make.

We will not be able to please everybody because like in other groups, some opinions I've read are the exact opposite of others that are just as certain of their own judgement. Believe me when I say I read everything and am always open to good ideas. About pricing, diorama, sculpts, accessories... everything...

I'm glad you're not even considering the one facebook guy who suggested plastic molded hair :ROFLMAO:

I think it’s correct not to offer an unmasked battle damaged sculpt. It would be extremely hard to make a figure with disheveled hair to that degree look like the real thing on a shelf.

IMG_3760.jpeg

I think it’s correct not to offer an unmasked battle damaged sculpt. It would be extremely hard to make a figure with disheveled hair to that degree look like the real thing on a shelf.

View attachment 720662

Joost is looking to make this as a separate head sculpt release in the future. Which I’m hoping gives them plenty of time to test out moveable eyes.

I can't believe most people are ignoring the clean version. When I think of Catwoman, her looking like she got tossed into a wood chipper isn't what comes to mind.

I've always considered BD versions more of a companion piece. Not the main representation of the character. 🤷

I can't believe most people are ignoring the clean version. When I think of Catwoman, her looking like she got tossed into a wood chipper isn't what comes to mind.

I've always considered BD versions more of a companion piece. Not the main representation of the character. 🤷
Most of us feel the same way.

But we’re not looking at it the same, the likeness is just stronger on the BD DX currently and no other company will give us that version of Catwoman, not even years from now. Whereas the clean version is going to get made soon by someone.

I think a lot of us weren't asking for a separate battle damaged diorama base. More a case of saying there's no need to include two identical dioramas for the all in version.

One diorama base and both regular stands would allow us to decide which figure to put with diorama and which to display separately.

Yes. You did miss something.

HT blocked Jazzinc from selling _any_ DC licensed sixth scale figures to North Am. Our only options appear to be what Vspectra wrote above. I like Kit.
It's a shame that HT feels the need to bully other companies in order to maintain their dominance. So much for the free market system.

It's a shame that HT feels the need to bully other companies in order to maintain their dominance. So much for the free market system.
Exclusive liscencing deals are cancer. They ensure a free market cannot exist while supporting monopolies.

Hasbro kind of has the same thing going on in the 1/12 scale scene in the US.

Back