Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be snipping off every (accurately placed) hanging strand of string, unfortunately. It's just too much. OCD or whatever it is, it triggers me.
You referring to the loose threads that’ll have to be on the battle damaged suit or just possible threads hanging around? If it’s the latter I’m the same way.

Last edited:
You referring to the loose threads that’ll have to be on the battle damaged suit or just possible threads hanging around? If it’s the later, I’m the same way.
Yeah, maybe I'm incorrect on that now that I think of it. My old NECA 1/4 had them but it also came with a BD sculpt so that's likely why they included the stray threads hanging, to accommodate that sculpt.

I suppose the clean version wouldn't have them which makes more sense.

Also, when and who's gonna take this on?

Screenshot_20240816-201508.png

Last edited:
Yes, battle damaged will have a lot of hanging threads that should be there, clean will be a pristine suit.

IMG_3754.jpeg

Exactly. Cool. But a logistical nightmare as well as a financial one since use of molds will be out of whack
You've lost me here. Regardless of whether orders are basic or deluxe I assume you'll need to total up the number of sculpt types of each for the respective molds. Not requiring the basic figures to always have the same sculpts could result in less wear/usage of those particular molds, as the sculpt demand should be more evenly distributed.

Logistically, there are only two finished bodies (clean & battle damaged). Complexity in your manufacturing process doesn't grow above 2 until one starts adding sculpts to the in-process "box", which one would ideally do as late in the process as possible. Add one sculpt and it's a basic, three it's a deluxe. Once that happens it will be obvious which "boxes" get the additional deluxe parts and bases. After that one can send them to the finishing area to be combined as needed (for people with combo orders) and put in their final packaging. Another option is to batch build (by sculpt) the basic orders first so there's no chance of misbuilds.

p.s. - I should have mentioned that I made my living processing assembly lines for high-volume engine manufacturing plants, so in terms of scale we may have drastically different definitions of a "logistical nightmare". :lol

I think all this confusion and these problems stems back to two things
1. people demanding moveable eyes
2. the facebook poll

The facebook poll seemed a little misleading. I and I am sure others where a little mislead by the poll. To me it was the options of paying more for moveable eyes or multiple head sculpts, however it was never mentioned multiple sculpts would do away with the original option of one sculpt per figure with three interchangeable faceplates. I still think that was the best option.

Originally we were told 1 head and 3 faceplates which if the clean and bd versions were compatible would have given up to 6 display options. I also believe the dio was supposed to be for the dx version. dx versions of most figures include everything that comes with the standard figure a dx base and maybe a special weapon or something small like that. Now to get multiple display options was are almost forced into paying for the dx. I think most people will only buy the dx for the extra heads and actually have no desire for the dio. most people do have the room for the dioramas.

In my opinion we would have been better off with the original option of 1 head with multiple faceplates. Everyone would have gotten multiple display options on the standard figure with the multiple faceplates and if pre orders were high enough, which I am sure they would have been we may have gotten the moveable eyes that so many demanded and no one would be forced to order a dio that they may never use.

I still think the origial plans should at least be considered and possibly and new poll.

I am sure Joost will do a fantastics job as anyways

I don't do facebook so a new poll means nothing for me, but I do believe showing the heads/expressions now might move the needle to what people want when seeing the actual choices... so a new poll on "which head you want for the single pack" (with pictures of each) would be helpful.
That’s tricky though, letting your customers control you to that extent will also place you into financial ruins.

I know Joost isn’t outright saying it, but he needs deluxe sales, hence its existence here.

It’s hurting him to even have a $300 option that he knows most will want to gravitate towards, because he truly can’t swing that.

Hot Toys can produce something for $300 USD because they have another 15k orders to justify its production run, pay the actors their dues and a little spill over. Joost has none of that comfort budget, yet licensing rights to cough up for.

I’m not saying - go with the grandest tier without actually liking the product. I’m still skeptical about mass production painted eyes, however I’m paying attention. We shouldn’t force the guy into making the best he’s got to offer come in a small $300 package deal when WB is going to look at him for numbers.

I think something like this would be pretty slick, simply utilizing the snowy Batman Returns emblem, or Batman’s updated chest emblem. Maybe even the Shreck Cat mascot logo.

View attachment 720701

View attachment 720702

Before:

View attachment 720703
Agreed.

The large Batman and small Returns and then large Catwoman reads as “Batman Catwoman” from afar.

Not a major issue, but i think Catwoman in large text first and Batman Returns in much smaller font under her name works better.

I don't do facebook so a new poll means nothing for me, but I do believe showing the heads/expressions now might move the needle to what people want when seeing the actual choices... so a new poll on "which head you want for the single pack" (with pictures of each) would be helpful.
That type of poll is pointless, the most popular headsculpts will never be given to the basic versions because Joost knows people will pay more to get the better heads in the deluxe versions, which in turn generates more of a financial return for Jazz.

What we should have done is all lied and told him the angry damage sculpt was the worst so he would place it with the basic version to begin with 😭😭😭😭

I’d be interested in three sculpts, one body, accessories and a casual stand for $400.
Instead of the inclusion of the dio for $550
if my made up prices actually stick.

It'll be interesting to see what else they do with the suit. With the stitches and seams they must be weak points when positioning the figure, wanting to pull apart over time.

Holy Schmidt!!
These look amazing, what a cool and exciting update!
The diorama looks miles better - would love to have that on my shelf!
But my god, those battle-damaged sculpts are a thing of beauty, they absolutely nailed the snarling expression and the tufts of hair just elevate it into looking like the high-end piece it is.
Love the details and execution of the diecast claws - I hope they size them and the fingers right so there is no chance of them falling off.
Depending on budget I might get the double pack, but I am leaning more towards the DX Battle-damaged + maybe the standard clean version.
So exciting!

As Penguin would say.....

1723868382190.png

If the 2 pack included an unmasked selena, I would easily buy the set. I'd sacrifice both dioramas, and 2 of each set of heads for that one.

Although I'd much prefer the clean sculpt over the frizzy haired one, I wouldn't mind either.

Everybody, listen to this and give me your thoughts.

I believe the best compromise for a perfect release, is the following:

Scrap 3 of the 6 heads.

Have 3 sculpts instead.
1 clean. 1 with the torn brow stitch. And one fully damaged. Each one with an increasingly intense brow expression, with rolling eyeballs.

Reintegrate the interchangeable mouthplates across all 3 headsculpts.

A regular (non diorama), thematic display stand. And a cat accessory.

*If possible, tweak the body to have articulated shoulder and elbow joints without compromising proportions.

SKUs: 3 total.

- STANDARD:
First 2 sculpts. 1 Body.

- DELUXE:
All 3 sculpts. 2 Bodies

- PREMIUM:
All 3 sculpts. 2 Bodies. 1 Diorama. 1 unmasked Selena.

@sdabbs @JazzInc

You have most of the ingredients already laid out for this. It makes sense.. I think, much more than what you're currently doing. Let each be priced accordingly. If you do it this way, one would be less inclined to double dip for another company release, and more likely to invest in at least the DELUXE version. Premium will be for the hardcore. Standard will be your best seller.

I want to see some stitch work and suit intricacies on the prototype to get an idea where we’re headed to decide what to do, depending on price and the details I’m looking at the Battle Damaged deluxe and possibly a single. If there’s a clear winner may go with that.

Knowing what we see won’t be final helps a lot, I actually prefer it. I like to see the people I handed my cash to hard at work delivering the goods. Ideally every project should make you completely forget about cost by the end of it.

I say scrap the standard, no sense of limitations in the way over something little like $200 if we’re to receive quality. That version will clearly be the bigger headache of the lot trying to come in just at $300. Then you’re looking at shipping, getting closer to the deluxe money anyways, especially if you have to deal with VAT, thankfully I don’t.

Just offer:

Deluxe Clean - $450
Deluxe Battle Damaged - $450
Deluxe two pack with discount $900

Reserve the Deluxe diorama for those
who want to go all in on the two pack.

You’re JazzInc, all of your products have been expensive but within reason.
HT would never offer a Catwoman like this for only $300 with multiple sculpts and metal claws, expecting him to manage it seems counter productive to the project at large.

Last edited:
Going to quote a post I just saw on Facebook:

"In terms of what should/shouldn't be in the deluxe or not - in my view the best way to make people happy would be to sell the dioramas separately [and maybe design one that suits the battle-damaged scene more] and the deluxe just means it comes with all the heads.

That way people can buy the diorama they want for the figures they want with no potential of having two identical bases in the two-pack or breaking the bank if they want the sculpts but are not diorama people.
I AM a diorama person and definately want one, and if Jazz make another really good diorama to go with the battle-damaged I would likely get the other.
But not everyone is like that.
Plus Jazz will likely see an uptick in sales of the 3 head figures and the double figure pack if the cost of the diorama wasn't factored in."

Back