Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confused Bill Oreilly GIF
Updated renders have six stitches on the mask in between the eyes.

Updated renders have six stitches on the mask in between the eyes.
If he plans on doing the tongue out look, I have a hard time believing he’ll opt for mouthplates instead of just a solid sculpt like Mars Riddler.

If he plans on doing the tongue out look, I have a hard time believing he’ll opt for mouthplates instead of just a solid sculpt like Mars Riddler.
You just said the opposite on the last page. You're so focused on being a contrarian, you don't seem to be able to make up your mind.

I'm really worried about the material, if they use pleather or real leather which also eventually cracks it will be a pass for me. But i really want to see more 1/6 figures from Jazzinc, competition is always good.

On the movable eyes poll there were a few people saying that they don’t bother with adjusting movable eyes on figures they own that have them. These people genuinely don’t care about display options and realism - they’re going to take Catwoman out of the box, maybe place the whip in her hand (at most), awkwardly prop her up next to the 1989 Batmobile, and call it a day.

Yeah, reading those post made me think they just want a statue.

I'm really worried about the material, if they use pleather or real leather which also eventually cracks it will be a pass for me. But i really want to see more 1/6 figures from Jazzinc, competition is always good.
Jazzinc Suit is 4-way stretch vinyl, should last a lot longer than pleather or leather. The real suit wasn’t leather anyway. It was latex but latex dries up over time.

Man all of this discussion has really taken the wind out my sails for this figure.

I think I set my expectations too high. I'm used to Joost going all out to give us the best product on the market. My initial thought when I saw this announced was that this was going to be the ultimate never to be topped (at least for a long while) version of this character.

Having a few static sculpts doesn't feel like the best out there when InArt, JND, and even Hot Toys have movable eyes as standard now. The sculpt is a major part with 1/6 collecting. How long before Joost's sculpts become outdated by ones with better features? It just seems like this may be the best only because no one else is really doing one, not because it would be nearly impossible to beat. Gives me vibes of a nice custom, not a fully refined official product.

I know that Joost was upfront with trying to stay within the price range of Hot Toys. I didn't expect that meant we would be getting Hot Toys level compromises to stay within that range. I fully expected the price to creep up as Joost got more into what would be needed to give us his usual level of product.

None of this is meant in any way as a negative toward Joost. I have no clue what goes on with the business side of things. Maybe this is just what needs to be done to make this new venture of his viable? Maybe I'm not the typical collector and most of the people that buy Joost's products are set it and forget it types so don't want that additional level of movement? :dunno

Having said all that I do like what I have seen so far from the neck down and I'm sure Joost will bring his typical level of accuracy. For now I'll just temper my expectations and wait for the PO to make my final decision. It just feels wrong to click that button though if I'm thinking "Well it's the best one available right now and there aren't any better ones on the horizon" or "Well I'd better get this to support the line so that we we can continue to get more (and hopefully better) figures in the future)".

Yeah, reading those post made me think they just want a statue.

Jazzinc Suit is 4-way stretch vinyl, should last a lot longer than pleather or leather. The real suit wasn’t leather anyway. It was latex but latex dries up over time.
If it's vinyl, it is the best decision ever made. I think i might grab this depending on the price. Thank you!

You just said the opposite on the last page. You're so focused on being a contrarian, you don't seem to be able to make up your mind.
Ok. I said we tried to explain that a sculpt that features rolling eyes will always be better if done correctly.

Last edited:
And now we've reached the "eating ourselves" phase of the pre-PO discussion. :lol

I'm not sure why people are talking themselves out of a product before its even shown. Joost asked for feedback, seems that feedback has been given, now its up to him to decide how to proceed.

This thread is shaping up to be as messy as the customs runs have become.

For now I'll just temper my expectations and wait for the PO to make my final decision.

Always the best advice.

What do you expect really though, JazzInc has always carried themselves as best of the best, most accurate. Now that they’re in a field where they aren’t that, they’ll have to work for it and it’ll be nothing but an uphill battle, it was just like that for Joost I’m sure when his idea to produce vehicles formed. I just don’t want figures north of $300 lacking rolling eyes being touted as the ultimate anything nor selling as such just because it’s the only licensed game in town.

What do you expect really though, JazzInc has always carried themselves as best of the best, most accurate. Now that they’re in a field where they aren’t that, they’ll have to work for it and it’ll be nothing but an uphill battle...

I heard this same argument long ago about HT... and I heard again most recently with InArt... I'm sure I'll hear it again.

I just don’t want figures north of $300 lacking rolling eyes

There ya go... that's your real point.

There ya go... that's your real point.
That’s been a major point of mine from the beginning no? I prefer rolling eyes on licensed 1:6 products and it appears every other licensed company in the gig does as well, there’s a reason everyone has pretty much ditched painting eyes at mass production level, you’re asking for the dead stare look 100% unless a professional painter is painting every pair of eyes sculpted. It’s not a crime to believe this should feature rolling eyes, screen referenced sculpt, paint apps that hold up to the HT Keaton 2.0, a solid realistic female body that can last a while, you don’t want to ever need to body swap this, and a base that won’t cause a budget cut to the figure in any way.

That’s been a major point of mine from the beginning no?

Yes. Many, many, many posts.

But that discussion ended when the poll ended. Now, if it is to resurface, it would be solely up to Joost... perhaps based on new financial information, maybe we'll get the rolling eyes. Maybe not. Like you said, it will ultimately be an executive decision.

I don't think Joost wants to compete with HT but rather make the figures they have passed on. And he's not required to make HT level figures just because he's entering the 1/6th format. That may be the level you want him to attain. One could say I want him to reach InArt level, or conversely one could be happy with Mars level. Joost is only required to make JazzInc level figures -- and whatever that is hasn't even been demonstrated yet. I don't really count Vulture because that character figure was almost an accessory to the giant wing apparatus. In any event, you alone can choose if this level of craftsmanship is something you want to add to your collection.

Wor, but the discussion is entertaining, no?
I'm interested where this ends up. It's one thing to make vehicles. It's another to make figures. One seems fairly straight forward. The other not so much.

I don't know if entertaining is the right word. Maybe amusing is as close as I could get to that idea.

On your second point, again, I heard similar suspicions regarding InArt going from statues to 1/6th. I don't see making 1/6th figures as a hugely daunting task. So many companies are doing it with far less resources than Joost. And its been a staple hobby for 20 years. There are plenty of experts to gather. I'm not saying its easy, but its not rocket science at this point. I'm sure Joost will make a very good figure. Will it be up to everyone's "quality level"...? Likely no, not even InArt is up to everyone's quality level. People starting upgrading Joker as soon as it was released. I'm certain there will be pages and pages of upgrading their new Batman.

Anyway... hope this post was... amusing.

All we’re here for is to discuss details as they’re unveiled, bounce ideas off of each other, and every once in awhile an idea gets used. It’s not necessarily pessimistic to address the possible hurdles this will bring, attempt to suggest better alternatives. It’s not up to me for JazzInc to produce at the competitions level or not. Would you be ok with buying a Mars figure set for $600 should they ever obtain a license? The answer should be no because it’s just not there yet, but things get a pass dependent on the character chosen.

Back